• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: an official Pokemon popularity contest

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
Years
  • I wonder if it would be possible to create a poll (offline or online) of all of the pokemon and use it to determine the most popular Pokemon. One can select one or more of the pokemon they like and promote them into popular I think there should also be some banned ones like:

Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Mewtwo, Plusle, and Raichu. They are all obvious picks for the most popular so they should be banned to make things more fair.

Years
  • I think we already have an annual event in Pokemon General that seems to serve a purpose like this - The Favourite Pokemon Tournament.

I kinda view it as a popularity contest of its own because it hosts type-based rounds and the winning Pokemon of those types go on to a final face-off to be crowned the favourite Pokemon on PC. Your suggestion seems to be a bit redundant with FPT's existence, but that's just my opinions there.

Years
  • Like Hikamaru pointed out, I've been hosting the Favorite Pokemon Tournament in Pokemon General for the past few years to do pretty much what you proposed- polling the members of Pokecommunity to see who their favorite Pokemon are. And while I understand why you would want some Pokemon banned, then it wouldn't be a true popularity contest then, would it? It would just be a "best of the rest".

If you're interested to see how the members voted over the past few years, feel free to check out the final polls below:
    2013 Results
    2014 Results
    2015 Results

Back