• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitiveness

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    Are you a competitive person? If yes, what kind of areas are you most competitive in? Otherwise, are you not fazed by people who are better in what you do, and just accept it?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I'm not very competitive at all. I'm very laid back and prefer to have fun. Like I play Pokemon competitively but I battle for fun, no smogon rules etc.
    I play video games like Smash Bros to have hectic fun with items on and stuff. I'm not very competitive with school either. I just do my work, get good grades and move on with my life.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Omg I'm so weird with competitiveness. I'll be competitive if the other person doesn't know they're competing - like I'll hold myself to standards here that I compare to other people, but I don't tell them the comparison is happening because my comparison is to who they are naturally, not who they are when they're trying to beat me.

But when it comes to actual competitions it freaks me out. I would much rather play co-op than 1v1 and not even look at the scores.

Years
  • Yes I am competitive to a certain degree, I think it can help people achieve the greatest potential especially in sports ( this the area I am usually competitive in or gaming). There is also the negative side were it goes overboard and that person just wants to destroy you literally, that's when I don't like competition. As for accepting if someone is better than I, absolutely there will always be someone better no matter how good you are. For the most part I think it is good except when it gets deadly then NO.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • It varies. In general I am a perfectionist and like to strive to be the best I can be, which obviously is a double-edged sword when it comes to certain situations. However, the one area which I've always seen myself pretty lax in is video games. For some reason I really don't care if I win or not in that medium; I rather just play for fun (although I will get really into it from time to time haha.)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Back in high school I was pretty competitive with the academics. Always comparing test grades and AP scores with my peers. Now that I've entered college I've kinda slipped into a less competitive mode, mainly because my grades aren't that good anymore haha and people are always going to be better than me.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I'm not really that competitive. I don't see the point when things are supposed to be just for fun. I actually lost someone very dear to me because she decided to choose competitive pokemon over a majority of her best and closest friends. That's probably why I frown upon it so much and stay away from it.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Nobody is allowed to be better than me. If I ever start losing at something I basically devote all of my time to getting better at that one thing no matter how unimportant it is just so that I can beat them. But I usually don't end up winning.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Nobody is allowed to be better than me. If I ever start losing at something I basically devote all of my time to getting better at that one thing no matter how unimportant it is just so that I can beat them. But I usually don't end up winning.

It's strange how I feel the same way.

Years
  • Are you a competitive person? If yes, what kind of areas are you most competitive in? Otherwise, are you not fazed by people who are better in what you do, and just accept it?

I'm not competitive.
    I don't like to lose, in fact I hate to lose, I have short-lived enthusiasm and I'm a quitter. That's why I'm not competitive. But I always understand why people are better in what I do and with and accept it with scowl on my face. I always try to convince myself that there are things that I'm good at and better than others, when the right moment comes.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    The feeling comes and goes at random. I don't care about reaching first place but I would prefer to avoid being at last place too in a nutshell.

Years
  • I'm not that competitive in regards to Pokemon (the only video game I play), but am unusually fiery in regards to sports. Even for my uni's intramural soccer team, I remember my team's record and the results of each match. I also remember that we were the 2 seed going into the playoffs and lost to the 15 seed...

Not surprisingly, I am a big professional sports fan. In particular, I love the Philadelphia Flyers hockey team and the Detroit Lions football team. It'd be nice if either could win a championship in my lifetime but I'm not holding my breath.

Racket

The TCG Professor
    Years
  • It depends if (1) I invest into learning competitive play with the game and (2) if the people around me want to play competively.

I don't have enough time to be competitive in everything I do, and no one would find it fun if I just crushed them at some game without restrain if they are playing casually.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I play for fun. I do play the competitive rules, but I don't care if I lose :) (and I lose a lot)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm only competitive if I care about what I'm doing or if for some reason the other person gives me that competitive feeling. Idk why but it's rare for me to feel it either way.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm too lazy to compete. I don't care if I win. I'll try hard, but if I lose, I won't complain at all.

Competitiveness

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    It really just depends on what it is and how it's delivered if it's a competition. If someone goes all, "I bet you can't do this..." or "I bet I can do that better," you better believe I go into competitive hyper mode. But, I know which battles to choose.

Back