• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sierra's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial

Years
  • Hola,

after trying and searching for a long time I have to ask now :)

I've got a problem with healing places.
    Is it possible to set them at another place, after I deleted the original Pokémon-Center Lady
    When I lose a fight now I am at the map the Poke-Center was (before I edited the map) and my Pokémon get healed but there is no sprite of Joy and it is not the map I want.
    Hope you understand what I mean :)

Now I want to change this "reset point" to another place - so at the Poke-Center I created by my self.
    I tried to set it simply with the line "sethealingplace 0x01" in my healing script but like I thought before this one doesn't work.

Hope someone can help me with this problem
    Would help a lot

AceRoku

Dev of Pokemon Flare
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2015
    A great tutorial dude. Thanks for this. I might start learning ASM today.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hi! Love your tutorial!!! But my compile button is faded, and I can't click on it... what's wrong with it?

That normally means you need to load the ROM you want to compile. Either by file->open or by clicking the button next to the white box.

Mystelex

Um... The hidepokepic command doesn't work for me. Can someone please help me ?

Mystelex

Thnx , Magic ! Will someone help me there ?

Hi ?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2020
    Hello, I am new to scripting and I have a problem in applying movement, I made a script that only happens a mistake. The idea of the script was a character walking up to me I deliver a master ball and then back to the starting point and it disappears, it happens and the sprit is on my screen the gba .. but when I put the A-map out of my screen (in the case of GBA) the script but happen! character not walk up to me.

Does anyone know why?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Hello, I am new to scripting and I have a problem in applying movement, I made a script that only happens a mistake. The idea of the script was a character walking up to me I deliver a master ball and then back to the starting point and it disappears, it happens and the sprit is on my screen the gba .. but when I put the A-map out of my screen (in the case of GBA) the script but happen! character not walk up to me.

Does anyone know why?

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Does the script actually work when you test it out? Does the game freeze or does the script just not start?

Years
  • Hello, I am new to scripting and I have a problem in applying movement, I made a script that only happens a mistake. The idea of the script was a character walking up to me I deliver a master ball and then back to the starting point and it disappears, it happens and the sprit is on my screen the gba .. but when I put the A-map out of my screen (in the case of GBA) the script but happen! character not walk up to me.

Does anyone know why?

We're confused. Can you post the actual script?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2020
    My Script
    Spoiler:

It works perfectly when the Sprite that will move is within the scope of the GBA screen, but when I put away 10 steps (getting out of the GBA in game screen) it does not go to me, the script msg giveitem and hidesprite work, but she does not go to me.

but when I put the sprite in the range of vision of my character in game, it moves perfectly.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    OWs that are too far off screen won't be able to move during the script, I can't remember it movesprite works - easiest way would be to make the OW so it is just one tile offscreen, that should work.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    My Script
    Spoiler:

It works perfectly when the Sprite that will move is within the scope of the GBA screen, but when I put away 10 steps (getting out of the GBA in game screen) it does not go to me, the script msg giveitem and hidesprite work, but she does not go to me.

but when I put the sprite in the range of vision of my character in game, it moves perfectly.

As Magic stated, NPCs that are too far away from the player character will not move.
    mjv2h4.jpg

The range of an NPC for them to move is 1-9 tiles away from the player's left/right, and 1-6(or maybe 7?) from the player's north/south.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • As Magic stated, NPCs that are too far away from the player character will not move.
    mjv2h4.jpg

The range of an NPC for them to move is 1-9 tiles away from the player's left/right, and 1-6(or maybe 7?) from the player's north/south.

Is this true for when you're using the move camera specials as well? I'm wondering if that has to do with the player avatar or the camera itself.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Is this true for when you're using the move camera specials as well? I'm wondering if that has to do with the player avatar or the camera itself.

No idea. Never crossed that bridge before. :/
    But in theory, it should work. Since the player and the camera are locked all the time, and probably created this 'illusion' that the NPCs could only work around a specific radius from the player, so maybe the camera's actually the one's important here for NPCs to move.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    You can move the camera and still move NPCs normally, from my experience. I don't think it's solely down to luck that they're in range, so the scope is probably judged from the center of the camera position.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2020
    Oh thank you, at least I know that the script is correct, only 2 more questions.

is there any way I banter with script it? eg a script that makes another sprite like another appears on the screen? would practically the same than my sprite forward to my screen.

does anyone know a script for me to do rematch? I know I'll probably use SetFlags out the basic commands, but I found no tutorial on the internet.

Thank U!

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    Ok so I'm adding some custom items to my hack and when I try to compile my item description it gives me a "Error 6 Overflow on line 4 Wrong parameter type" error and I don't think my code is wrong but I dunno whats going on

Code:
    '-----------------------
    #dynamic 0x634906
    #org @string
    = A peculiar stone that makes certain\nspecies of POKeMON evolve.\lIt shines with a dazzling light.

Back