• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rusty II

When would you like the game to be released?

• Total voters

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
  • I'm pretty sick of this. Not EVERY game is going to use it. My game Lunar isn't! I like my CBS!

Anyway, since everyone's saying you can't do it, I uploaded it to Yahoo briefcase. It's elementary, but definately getting there. Hopefully this will show that we ARE doing it, and it's not all talk. See it for yourself! I'm not sure if this'll work:http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/40961df1_10e77/bc/Battle_Sys.zip?bfLbilABGPhIH5hP

To heck with it, I'm just attatching.....

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2005
    Krazy_Meerkat, i tried to continue one of the saved games on Pokemon Rusty II and it said something like 'c:/program files/pokemon rustyII/map0109.imu cannot be opened.' what's wrong with it?
    Oh and the battle sys is cool!

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Sure, why not. Since it's going to be public domain anyway, people should have the right to view it now. That way people more rm2k-saavy can add on to the engine as they please and not have to edit our games' stuff. Now people can see what is done, what needs to get done, and what is possible. I think this is especially necessary for skeptics like Frostweaver. If you want though, I'll take those links down.

Years
  • no.. i actually think thats a good idea. now we don't have to release anything else to the public and we can just start making our game!

craig.. you can't continue a game which doesn't exist. map0139 is only in the full version. seeing as this is a demo, it doesn't have all the maps added in.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Yeah, but the only problem is we didn't do the items/run/pkmn cases. We'll release the public engine once those are done. What I did a few posts back was to show off :D

Thunder

Suicune Master!
    Years
  • w00t that means ill be able to use your stuff for my games or i can get u to also make people sets and pokemon sets etc

Years
  • everyone will have to make their own pokemon/people sprites.. not that hard if your unexperienced.. just copy a picture, edit it and paste your picture in (make sure you get it lined up at the bottom or it will look wierd in the game) then you might have to add some stuff to the events.. a tutorial will be done.

and there you go!
    dm your a show-off :P jk:) i forgot about the item/run/pokemon parts.. ****

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I've been looking into a couple of sites lately, and many of them
    have screenshots of an "RM2K/3 compatible pokemon battle system."
    Then I found that they were claiming that they've made it all by themselves,
    when it's actually the joint project here at the community.

Years
  • say what??????? someone is claiming credit for our battle system that hasn't been finished yet?? who was it daegon? whats the site you were looking at?

Years
  • hey all, I have just quickly come to say that if you download it and there is a file or two missing, just copy one of the other pictures and re-name it whatever the file you're missing is. I've been told there's Don_Pikachuu.PNG and another one.

These charasets are not important for the demo, and are not even used. So feel free to use any charaset you want.

MissingChu

aka d3ad connection
    Years
  • omg, people just go and steal stuff. I'll try and search too, and i'll tell ya'll what comes up.

BTW, darkmage, fix the link to the Darkmage Community in your sig.
    That will get more members to join. :cool:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Righto, totally forgot about my sig. (The name of the community is evidence to my lack of sleep and creativity :))

Wasn't this game supposed to be done ages ago?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Don't feel guilty about it! I'm just curious how much free time Meerkat has to be able to handle four projects at once. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Sorry if I had anything to do with you two breaking up, lol :). That sounded so wrong :D

Years
  • lol yer it did. Missingchu is working solo now, he only needed my help for a bit of his game. I would just like to do the sphere game for fun, It would also be a great learning experience. The group project is TOP priority and I am still trying to do this bit by bit but it will have to wait until the group project is done, everyone else's game is more important than our games. :)

Back