• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
  • Also, it can't be a complete remake, there has to be new stuff in it. Otherwise, how would they fit in new forms for the mascots? So that makes me wonder what else GF has up their sleeve. Knowing GF, they have some neat stuff they are waiting to roll out and the coming months will surely be exciting.

Didn't Satoru Iwata say that OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire are going to reimagine Ruby and Sapphire?
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would be infuriated if they replaced May! She's such an iconic character in Hoenn, and I think lots of recreational players of the game link her to the region from the anime. In the GSC games it was different, so hopefully they don't end up taking May out for some unworthy replacement character. :[

What do you mean that G/S/C was different in terms of how HG/SS replaced Crystal's female playable character, Krystal?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I hope they expand on the whole bond thing...it really didn't exist in XY as I could mega evolve my Mewtwo as soon as I caught it...what kind of bonding did we have between catching it and mega evolving it right away :/ !

I thought Amie was what they were referring to when it came to bonding, as you could play with your Pokemon, feed it, and pet it o: However, in terms of Mega Evos., you made me think: Perhaps one way to incorporate bonding would be to prevent a Pokemon from Mega Evolving until they have max friendship or a certain number of hearts in Amie (if it returns). That being said, I doubt they'd make such changes, but it would make more sense since Mega Evolution does seem to have something to do with the bond between you and your Pokemon.

EDIT: Ah, nvm, Mega Evolving did also have to do with a strong bond between Trainer and Pokemon; my bad XD

Last edited:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • At the end of my lame random ramble I leave you with this piece of rubbish: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwscgp41o5l6pn1/Fake03.jpg

Where did you get that? Is it official (doubtful, but curious?) Why would Rayquaza get two new forms (one that makes it look like Dialga and another that makes it look like Palkia?) I liked the Gen. IV legendaries and all, but these form changes for Rayquaza just look…well, they look odd.

Years
  • Where did you get that? Is it official (doubtful, but curious?) Why would Rayquaza get two new forms (one that makes it look like Dialga and another that makes it look like Palkia?) I liked the Gen. IV legendaries and all, but these form changes for Rayquaza just look…well, they look odd.

The link itself says it's fake XD I don't think GF would make Rayquaza part Palkia or Dialga, especially since they're not from the same gen. and have no relation other than being fellow legendaries and Dragons. If they were to make it look like any Pokemon Mega Evolved (or do a fusion thing like they did with Kyurem, which I can't see happening) they'd make it look like Groudon or Kyogre.

Years
  • What do you mean that G/S/C was different in terms of how HG/SS replaced Crystal's female playable character, Krystal?

Different meaning Krystal didn't have such a huge role in the anime. I think that's where May really got her popularity as a character in Pokemon, so more people would be disappointed if they replaced her than when Krystal was replaced with Lyra.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Different meaning Krystal didn't have such a huge role in the anime. I think that's where May really got her popularity as a character in Pokemon, so more people would be disappointed if they replaced her than when Krystal was replaced with Lyra.
    Same will go for Dawn come those remakes (if they make them), and Serena now.

I wonder why people still call Calem Xavier considering the anime practically reconfirmed that Calem and Serena are the canon names (confirming Calem as they use Serena instead of Yvonne).

Anyways they better not replace May or they'll have a lot of angry fans...

Years
  • Different meaning Krystal didn't have such a huge role in the anime. I think that's where May really got her popularity as a character in Pokemon, so more people would be disappointed if they replaced her than when Krystal was replaced with Lyra.

Yeah, I remember how well loved May was so if they were to pull a Lyra on us here and replace her with another character I'd imagine how people would be fuming, especially May's fanbase.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I agree, to keep nostalgia they shouldn't replace Wally, May or Branden. I would like to see Branden be more of a rival however, he was a wuss in the original Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire.

I kinda hate how May/Brendan doesnt evolve their starter to the last, kinda irks you to complete the seen Pokedex then. I hope that gets buffed in ORAS haha!

Years
  • I kinda hate how May/Brendan doesnt evolve their starter to the last, kinda irks you to complete the seen Pokedex then. I hope that gets buffed in ORAS haha!

Yeah that always annoyed me, but there have been cases in several games where you didn't get to see the entire starter lines in action should you not choose them.

In X/Y you don't get to see the base stage of the Kalos starter strong against yours (you don't even get to see Calem/Serena battle until Route 7 I think, where they already have it in the middle stage) while the Kalos starter weak to yours who was owned by Shauna, you never got the chance to see its middle stage since she only battles you at the start after you obtain the Kalos starter and then once more on Route 19 when she already has a fully-evolved team.

So, for example if you picked Fennekin you didn't get to see Froakie or Quilladin in the Dex, if you picked Chespin then Fennekin and Frogadier didn't show up, and if you pick Froakie it's Chespin and Braixen that don't appear.

Even in B2/W2 you never got the chance to see the Unova starter weak to yours in the base and final stages, since Nate/Rosa (the one who does use it) only shows the middle stage. And if you have Lucas/Dawn as the NPC in D/P/Pt they also don't fully evolve their Sinnoh starter since the only times they tag battle alongside you they have the starter in the middle stage.

The only game I ever saw accomplishing the goal of all three starter lines registered as seen in the Pokedex at once were the Unova starters in Black/White. And I mean they showed all stages of all three lines and didn't leave any particular one out.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • This is kinda interesting. Do you think there would be someone who would actually take the third starter aka the starter weak to you this time around considering the last 3 games did it?

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Wow I didn't think about that, Avant!

There's a very huge possibility that they'll include someone for that... unless...
    Wally? Anytime I think about Wally I remember tears and misery. He was a pain to beat as a kid.. that Gardevoir was no joke.

But hey he might be up to the plate if they don't make someone new! Since he was your second rival originally afterall.. just without the third starter.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    This is kinda interesting. Do you think there would be someone who would actually take the third starter aka the starter weak to you this time around considering the last 3 games did it?

WALLYWALLYWALLYWALLYWALLYWALLY... spam!

Though he won't feel complete without Ralts as well. But if he gets help from Prof. Birch (which could explain how he trained his Ralts who only knew Growl) and gets a starter and gets more involvement in the game, it would be much nicer.

Seeing as RSE did not have a worthy postgame (the BF is just... meh) they would probably make Wally and rival stronger to see in whatever extra area they're going to introduce.

Years
  • This is kinda interesting. Do you think there would be someone who would actually take the third starter aka the starter weak to you this time around considering the last 3 games did it?

Ooh. Wally would be a great fit here, and it could open up his story line a lot. Maybe a Mega researcher from Kalos visits his family and gives him the Ralts with a Gardevoirite, thus spreading the Mega evolutions to Hoenn. He would become a formidable opponent! :]

Seeing as RSE did not have a worthy postgame (the BF is just... meh) they would probably make Wally and rival stronger to see in whatever extra area they're going to introduce.

I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed the Battle Frontier then? :c There should be more added to it, but I had a lot of fun trying to best all of the challenges. Each building was unique and forced the player to think of a new strategy to try and win.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They should make Max have the reaming starter Pokémon, he played a major role in the anime so to include him into the game as a rival would be pretty awesome.

Jabberwocky

A man ain't nothin' but a man
    Years
  • Wally deserves more of a chance to shine. Maybe one more battle with May/Brendan wouldn't be a bad idea, either, since they're the only rivals who never battle using their starters' final forms.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd personally like Wally to be more involved with the storyline, somehow. If not, then maybe they could give him some extra utilization post-game? It'd be great if you were set out on some quests, and were required to have Wally travelling with you as your partner temporarily to help. You know, sort of like what Barry does in DPPt. :]

Years
  • Rivals these days are more of friends than just trainers looking to be better than each other. Perhaps they could implement Wally as a second rival this time around with more challenges throughout Hoenn.

Years
  • Battle Frontier was an extensive post-game in my opinion, but not in terms of quests. Basically everything was optional and there was no real incentive to complete the challenges, besides the pure entertainment of it. I could see Wally having some involvement there in ORAS, especially if Mega evolutions come to Hoenn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back