• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are these your favorite (main series) games?

Are XY your favorite games in the series?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Not quite, but close.

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Not exactly, but they're good enough for me.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • No way!

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seeing as there was a poll of something like this for Black and White in the 5th gen forum, I decided i'd do this here.

As XY have been the most anticipated Pokémon games in a pretty darn long time, there have surely been their fair share of people who thought they were every bit as good as they hoped it would be. But there are some who don't quite agree! And some that, while not THE favorites of for them, they're quite high up.

I'm making this poll to see what your general consensus on these games is and if you find them done well enough to the degree of being the best in the series, given how highly anticipated they were. I'll post my opinion later once I can write out a more detailed post. Anyway, discuss.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I definitely love the shift in 3D and I love a lot of the new battle system changes.

However White 2 will still remain my favorite Pokemon game of all time. The music, the personal memory I share with the game, the battles, etc. I enjoy Y a lot but it hasn't taken over my number 1 slot.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • They are my favorites, but they didn't top GSC/HGSS as they are both my all-time favorite games in the franchise. Pokemon XY is my second favorite, topping the RBY/FRLG series.

Years
  • It's actually all the 5th Gen games put together that are my faves, but X & Y do come a close second because I loved the full-on 3D scenes and of course like B2/W2 it has a very diverse Pokedex making for more flexible teambuilding.

Years
  • X/Y is my second favorite, behind R/S/E. However, since OR/AS is coming out in a few months, I have a feeling that this will be my favorite generation as a whole. :3

Years
  • I agree with Luke, I don't think Pokemon has ever had a bigger leap in terms of gameplay and with ORAS coming in a few months this has to be the best generation (of course R/S/E are my favorite Pokemon games of all time).

In terms of XY I have to say I was disappointed by the storyline, lack of new Pokemon, the post game and not to mention the awful frame rate when 3D is enabled, however the new features such as 3D engine, mega evolution, Pokemon amie etc saved this game for me and it takes 3rd place on my list. If XY were played on a 2D engine similar to B/W then imo they could have been the worst Pokemon games yet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    These games aren't my most favorites, but I do indeed like them. Like all other Pokémon games, they definitely do have their ups and downs.

What I enjoyed most about X and Y is their character customization feature. I've always wanted to dress and make my player the way I wish, and loved it when I was finally given the opportunity to do so. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this; there are many other fans out there that have thought and felt the same. Though, I kind of wish that they had more clothes and accessories for us to use (or at least download into our memory card, if there aren't enough space in the cartridge), so that we would be able to distinguish ourselves from each other even further, but it's not exactly a big deal.

One thing I disliked about them is their storyline, which, if you ask me, was sort of short and fast-paced. If things happened more slowly, it would have seemed more natural, and would have helped more people to feel better engaged and whatnot.

Years
  • I definitely love the shift in 3D and I love a lot of the new battle system changes.

However White 2 will still remain my favorite Pokemon game of all time. The music, the personal memory I share with the game, the battles, etc. I enjoy Y a lot but it hasn't taken over my number 1 slot.

Long story short: this.

With Black 2 and White 2, I felt like there was so much to like, between things such as past characters gaining further development (Cheren and Bianca to name two), Move Tutors, and the loads of post-game like the PWT and Black Tower/White Treehollow, and Challenge Mode, which makes the Gym Leaders/Elite Four and especially the Champion more enjoyable to battle. X and Y had tons to like too, but to say the least I felt like it left me wanting more (to name one, the Elite Four only have four Pokémon and they don't even upgrade their teams in the post-game, which given we have over 700 Pokémon they had NO reason not to do).

But before this becomes another comparison thing with me, i'll cut that and say X and Y were still amazing games to me, though, between as mentioned above their gigantic variety to make for a lot of potential teams, the amazing overhaul of 3D graphics, some of the musical tracks (including Xerneas/Yveltal's battle theme, which is among one of my favorites in the series), and how much easier breeding was made which makes collecting more enjoyable than ever. However, as a primary challenger and not a competitive battler, some of that stuff isn't too relevant to me anymore but I do still like to breed every so often. :P

edit: WOW Ashley, how could I forget character customization, that was a major deal for me because it was fun playing with your character and making them unique compared to what the rest of the world may have. That was a nice touch, so thanks for mentioning that.

So, to put it simply, while Black 2 and White 2 are still #1 for me, XY are a close second.

Last edited:

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
    Years
  • I think XY is a great game. Maybe a little too easy, and it really lacks some after-game content.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • X/Y came so close to being my favorite games, if only if it weren't for those meddling kids. Literally, those four brats who keep meddling in your journey and annoy you at every turn are the main factor that keep X/Y from displacing Platinum and FR/LG at the top of the Pokemon game pecking order. Most everything else in X/Y were done very well, but those kids are just so ANNOYING - I wouldn't say they completely ruined the game experience for me, but they certainly made it a lot less enjoyable than it could have been.

Charizard :P

A Wild Charizard
    Years
  • My third favourite generation as a whole, with OR/AS coming up I can tell this gen is going to be epic. Although I have to agree with ScoSap, the frame rate is horrible when 3D is working which is a bit disappointing. And the lack of new Pokémon is a bit saddening too. But really, X and Y are great games that almost beat G/S/C at being my second favourite generation.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2014
    I admit, these games were quite amazing. Amazing enough to be my second favorite, in fact.

However, Pokemon Black and White win my favorite spot, due to their deeper than usual story.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I think XY is a great game. Maybe a little too easy, and it really lacks some after-game content.

Yeah, I was sort of disappointed by the lack of post-game content, too. At least they did have a couple things, however, so that's better than nothing.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I can honestly say Yes it is my favorite for now. I can honestly say I almost loved 99% of everything that came with X/Y except for one thing which is the Story. The story was so short and way to easy I felt. I beat the game the first time within having it on release date within 3 days. While that really upset me the length of game play so many other features and the graphics made up for it to make it by far my favorite game in the series since Red/Blue. I can honestly say with Alpha & Omega I am pretty sure I will feel the same way about it. The graphics & features will make up for the crap story and play length. Ill be glad for Generation 7 or a Diamond/Pearl remake honestly more than Alpha & Omega.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    I think sapphire is my favourite game as it's the one i've restarted and played through the most times. XY are really good games though and the power of the 3DS makes them even better.

Years
  • I really loved X and Y, with full 3D, a huge variety of pokemon in the wild, an evil team with a legitimately evil goal (Kill all pokemon and 99% of people, Lysandre? Wow.), Character customizations, Tyrantrums, and Mega evolution. I enjoyed it very much! But, sorry X/Y, Emerald is still my most favored company. And when ORAS comes out, well. Hoenn forever!

Kalos gave a good showing though. Close second, very close second.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • No they arent on my top 3 but they are 4th for me so Not quite, but they're good enough for me.

Back