• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are these your favorite (main series) games?

Are XY your favorite games in the series?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Not quite, but close.

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Not exactly, but they're good enough for me.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • No way!

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Well, let's see...

Story: shares a place on the bottom of the ladder with gen 1/2
    Graphics: ties with Black/White 2 on first place
    Gameplay/Game mechanics: easily my favorite
    Exploration: doesn't even come close to RSE, but it's still better than gen 1/2
    Atmosphere: somewhere in the middle
    Music: I kind of was annoyed by these e-guitars at the beginning, but I've gotten used to it; probably 2nd or 3rd place overall (the other ones being gen 3/5)
    Difficulty: I'm not sure, since I've played with Exp Share on, which made it really easy; on the other hand I've seen people playing the games, having a lot of trouble without it, so I guess it's alright
    Postgame: still better than gen 1-3, not sure about gen 4 since I've never played the Sinnoh games and I don't really count the remakes to this particular gen
    Amount of Pokemon: easily first place; I don't really care for the games only featuring a couple of new Pokes, I don't want to catch all the 20000 Pokemon, anyway :P
    Move Tutors: laaaaaaacking
    Glitchyness: nothing that's fun and not game breaking; still, nothing can beat gen 1 on that part

Overall: if it wasn't for the improved game mechanics, it would just be an alright Pokemon game. Taking the mechanics in account (which is one of the main reason why I play games) it's my favorite main series game. Still, there is a lot that can be improved, meaning X and Y could easily be outclassed by the next games, if they put a little bit more effort into them.

Or to put it into the words of the IV Judge: the stats are superior (but not outstanding)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Not quite but close.

I think ORAS could be the "one" for me. The Johto remakes are my current favourites (as games) but mixing a remake with the XY engine AND it being likely more polished and have more post game content....will make ORAS my favourite.

Years
    For me I think it would take a miracle for any game to beat Pokémon Silver, but X/Y aren't far off the top :) Region-wise it's hard to compare as Kalos is the only one I've fully seen in 3D, I'd need to see Sinnoh and Hoenn (won't be long now!) to fully compare as they're my favourite regions after Johto but I think X/Y is somewhere very close to Emerald and Diamond :) I definitely prefer it to Gens 1 and 5 though (I didn't like gen 5 as much as gen 4 so X/Y was a big step-up from that which made me enjoy it even more probably) :)

Years
    Aggh. As much as I love all the games in the series, I think this just barely makes first. The 3-d graphics, the touching story, the emphasis on "beauty" (I know, I'm shallow, shush), the surprisingly dark characters (I did not expect an Elite Four member to outright say she wants to set me on fire. Not to mention Team Flare in general.), etc.
    We'll see how OR/AS are, but for now yeah. These are my favorite.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    Yes, definitely! Everything in every regard was improved. I love how mega evolutions theoretically give the opportunity for less relevant and powerful pokemon to once again shine. I love the 3D and customization. I love the online improvements, including O-Powers and battle seasons. I love how getting into competitive in-cartridge is actually feasible. I love how weather, hazards, and dragon-spam were nerfed, making competitive the most enjoyable gen for me. I love Pokemon Amie and Super Training.

Kalos is truly the region of love.
    Are these your favorite (main series) games?

Last edited:
    Years
    I definitely think these are the best games so far, however my favorite is still Fire Red but this one is an extremely close second.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2014
    Helss yeah! I absolutely love X/Y! They're the definitive Pokemon games! My only gripe is with the Xp share but I can get past it

And this is coming from a former "Genwunner"

Fedarik

Years
    Second place ribbon goes to...
    XY love that I have is as result of how crazy *easy* a speed run can be. As one of those 'all version owners and/or players', Ruby & Sapphire have been top tier appreciated by my self.
    With just under eight hours as my best RS clear time been ng near equal my best in a Y run, I expect this rating of sorts to be where it is for decent years to come.

But if ORAS are crazy easy to *speed run*? Yum yum yum yum yum.

Back