• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your most nostalgic game of all time?

Years
  • Um, my most nostalgic game... The real man side of me wants to say Pokemon Ruby, because it was my first serious game as well as one of the first games that I myself owned (even though the GameBoy was a hand-me-down, but nitpicky), but honestly it would be Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town. (Amazing, that one.) It was the first game that I was really serious about acing...well, as much as you can ace a Harvest Moon game.

With consoles, my most nostalgic one is the Super Nintendo system; we had the most games on there, although I was too young to remember a lot of them, but to speak of a nostalgic console that I actually do remember, the Nintendo 64. We actually had really-for-real games there, i.e. GoldenEye 007, Super Smash Bros 64, and it gave me a decent amount of focus.

Also, the first console I've owned personally was a GameBoy, but the first console that I received brand-new just for me was a Nintendo DS Lite.

Super Prism

Sylveon Enthusiast
    Years
  • The most nostalgic game for me is definitely Pokemon Mystery Dungeon red rescue team or explorers of time. They both hold an extremely special place in my heart.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Roller Coaster Tycoon 2

Oh my gosh I dumped so many hours into that thing. My parents would call me to dinner, so I would make sure my park was running a profit each month and just leave it running. I would get back with loads of cash and buy the biggest roller coaster I could. I eventually started to build my own coasters, and I got pretty dang good at it. I posted a few designs to youtube and people seemed to like them. Now I kind of want to play it again, I miss it, haha.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I'd have to say Pokémon Yellow. I played Red because of my cousins owning those games, but I didn't really have my own experience until I played Yellow. I really loved having Pikachu walking behind me and getting all of the starters, it was a lot of fun I must say.

Years
  • My most nostalgic would probably coincide with those that are also the most memorable.

Crisis Core holds a special place in my heart, considering it was the first game I completed. And at the time of playing, I never played the main game, only knew about the synopsis. Regardless, I remember the exact moment when I finished the game and experienced the feels from the ending, that happened in the back of the car while going grocery shopping.
    Final Fantasy X, a fantastic game, mainly because the beautiful soundtrack itself can bring back memories of the game. It was probably one of the more mature games that I started playing once I was old enough to comprehend stories.
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time would probably be my ultimate childhood video game. It was amazing in every way, shape and form, and I am anxiously awaiting the day when I have time to play the 3DS version. It will be nostalgia overload.

There's obviously plenty other games that are rather nostalgia-ridden, but those would probably be the ones that have defined and impacted my video game preference from childhood to adulthood.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Pokemon Emerald was probably my most played game of my childhood. I have fond memories of exploring the tropical region of Hoenn with Sceptile, Aggron, Linoone, Pelipper, etc. 8) Before that I played Yellow, but I never made it past Mt. Moon.

Pokemon Stadium and Diddy Kong Racing were the first games that I personally owned. I really enjoyed both of them, and Stadium might've sparked my interest in battling.

Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, and Mario Paint are all games I played a lot with my sis. Still love to play them to this day. I distinctly remember Mario Kart 64 too, but we never bought it for some reason, it was rented.

Also: Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Final Fantasy X, and Kirby Air Ride. WW might've been the first game I completed, since I never defeated the E4 in Emerald.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I can't really pick one as the most nostalgic game of them all. So, I'm giving you a list, instead. :P

- Kirby's Dreamland (GB) as my first game ever
    - Pokemon Blue (GB) as my first Pokemon game and Gold as I've spend tons of hours on it
    - Golden Sun (GBA) as the game that introduced me into the world of RPGs
    - Morrowind (PC) as my first experience with open world RPGs, that I've played multiple times
    - Final Fantasy 6 (Emulator) as my first Final Fantasy game
    - Lunar Legend (GBA), despite being a terribly bugged game, was my first game that I played in a different language

There are other games as well, but I feel like that would push it a little bit too far. {XD}

Years
  • Pokemon LeafGreen, and the first Jak and daxter game. I've played a plethora of pokemon games since Leafgreen, and I think I like it the most because of the map design in the game. The only other pokemon games where I had fun exploring was the 5th generation ones. But I chose leafgreen since it was my first pokemon game.

Jak and daxter was the first game I ever got for my playstation 2, which also happened to be my first console.

Tirion

Lint Magnet
    Years
  • Final Fantasy X, a fantastic game, mainly because the beautiful soundtrack itself can bring back memories of the game. It was probably one of the more mature games that I started playing once I was old enough to comprehend stories.

Right on!

Final Fantasy X will forever and always be my favorite due to the overwhelming nostalgia even a few seconds of the soundtrack can induce in me.

Years
  • Right on!

Final Fantasy X will forever and always be my favorite due to the overwhelming nostalgia even a few seconds of the soundtrack can induce in me.

I think To Zanarkand would be it's most iconic song, and one that induces the nostalgia. It also makes me want to play the entire game over, multiple times. So beautifully composed and basically makes my ears orgasm.

Tirion

Lint Magnet
    Years
  • I think To Zanarkand would be it's most iconic song, and one that induces the nostalgia. It also makes me want to play the entire game over, multiple times. So beautifully composed and basically makes my ears orgasm.

Yuss! It's such a sad song, but the story it tells is so beautiful.

I'm partial to the Besaid Island theme. That, Wandering Flame, and Spira Unplugged are probably my favorite pieces of video game music of all time. The whole soundtrack is just a masterpiece.

Juliandroid98

The night hunter
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    My most nostalgic game has to be Mario kart DS.
    I've spent so much time on that game and I remembered taking over my DS to my friends house so we could play Mario kart against each other.
    Good times.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    The original Pokemon Stadium on Nintendo 64 because it is the earliest game that I remember playing! I remember being so young that I did not even know what a videogame was and my parents had to show me how to play. I was instantly intrigued by it, and ended up playing that game all the time and eventually bought the sequel. Another game was Wii Sports and Super Paper Mario because I remember playing the crap out of both those games, and beating Super Paper Mario before my friend's father could beat the game, and we all thought that he was a genius at the time.... Another one was the Guitar hero and Rock band series, especially the Guitar Hero: World Tour game and like the Great Hits game because in elementary and middle school I would have friends spend the night and we would have like a band. We were such nerds haha.

Back