• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Trumpets: A Hoenn RP [T] | OOC Thread

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
I see the IC thread has been accepted :) I'll have a post up when I get home

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
I have a question. Do our characters have any Poke Balls as of now, or do we have to wait until Oldale Town where we can buy them?

UnnecessaryLongName

"Honor is in the heart, not the name."
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 27, 2015
gangueevee is ACCEPTED with condition! Although, I'm still iffy on the thought that you're not the one who really wrote your SU. I expect this kind of quality with your posts, is that okay?

@UnnecessaryLongName: There is something I don't like with your History part. I forgot to mention it but please do not use game NPC's as part of your history. So, retelling how RSE and ORAS started would not work. There are other ways to acquire Pokemon; be inventive! :)

Also, hooray for ten players! I will be writing up the IC tonight and possible have it accepted tomorrow or Saturday. (Hi Doctor!)

EDIT: I've submitted the IC thread! :)

Can I at least say that Birch gave me mudkip?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Whooo posted :D A bit longer than I thought lol, but I got the basis of my first post done, which means Mako is ready to head out :)

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
I probably shouldn't join another RP, 5 is a lot... but Escape and BoM are slow postings so... reserve a Treeko (or Totodile if unavailable) please!

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
@Veevee: I guess I forgot to include it! Along with the Pokedex, you are given Pokeballs. So, you can catch whatever you want immediately.

Also, feel free to have as many balls as you can. Keeping track of money and items would be hard. :)

@UnnecessaryLongName: Hmm... I think it's fine.

@Oddball_: You're RESERVED for Totodile since Golden still has the reservation for Treecko.

@GoldenHouou: Last 8 hours till reservation expires. :)

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
Years
Hey, sorry, could I have a small extension for the reserve? At work right now, so I can't really work on the SU, but I can do that in the evening.

If not, that's cool, I'll try to have the SU up anyway whenever I can and just snatch whatever starter's left. I don't mind giving up the Treecko, but would still be cool to take part in this.

Last edited:

jombii

Years
Sorry, I will be strict with the time.If you're not finished with your SU in 6 hours, your reservation for treecko will be revoked. However, I can still hold a slot for you. :)

jombii

Years
It is fine.

@GoldenHuouo: I will be giving you until January 25, 8 AM here in my timezone to finish your SU, whatever your starter is. That's 35 hours until deadline, so I think that's enough. However, your reservation for Treecko is revoked.

Last edited:

jombii

Years
UnnecessaryLongName is ACCEPTED!

I revoke my application. Too uninspired to make another character though. :)

@GoldeHuouo: 12 hours left.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
Years
Yep, yep, finally decided on what character to use for this. Also, I... changed my starter. Yes, again. So Treecko's up for grabs.

Also, not to nitpick, but it's GoldenHouou, not Huouo (although I had fun trying to pronounce that). Just figured I'd point that out. Either way though, thanks for holding the spot, hopefully this'll do.

Name: Renato "Ren" Riviera
Hometown: Lumiose City, Kalos

Appearance: Found a sketch I drew a while ago, so just colored it:
Spoiler:

Renato is tall and tan, standing at over six feet and working out regularly to keep himself in tip-top shape. Because while he usually dislikes work, if it's in order to keep himself looking good, he's all for it. He likes to pamper himself and believes appearances matter, after all. He has black, semi-short hair in a style he likes to call an "organized mess". The strands are slightly longer from the back, long enough to be gathered up in an extremely small, messy ponytail against the back of his neck. Ren's eyes are brown and oftentimes, when he's talking to people, pretty intense. Both his ears have piercings on them, as does his lower lip.

As far as clothing goes, Ren always picks things both neat and comfortable for himself. He's not a fan of suits or anything difficult to move in, but neither does he like extremely baggy clothing that cover up too much. Usually he has on a simple t-shirt depicting the silhouette of a gun and a human who's just been shot in the head with said gun, with fitting splatters decorating the upper right corner of the shirt. He has black leather bracelets on each wrist, as well as a matching black belt for holding his Pokéballs. On his legs, Ren has on slightly baggy jeans with cargo pockets, complemented by black combat boots up to his ankles. If it get windy, he has on a leather jacket and a scarf with skull patterns on it.

Personality: Ren is that guy standing in the middle of a crowd of people, chatting them up with a ridiculously huge smile plastered all over his face, not bothering to shut up even when told to. He's a social butterfly through and through, loving to meet new people, especially outgoing, fun-loving ones, as they remind him of himself - and for someone as cocky and self-centered as him, anything to do with him is the coolest thing ever. As for things he doesn't like or find interesting? He ignores them. Words, things, people… if he doesn't like 'em, screw 'em, they don't exist for him. That's because Ren is all about fun; to somewhat scary extremes. He loves to have a good time, loves being the center of attention and lives only in the moment with a complete inability to make any longtime plans or set goals. He's competitive and always looking for a new challenge, and is the first one to jump into doing something that hasn't been tried before because hey, you gotta try everything once, right? Needless to say, this attitude is rather dangerous, and has put both himself and those around him in danger before.

Flashy, loud, flirty and lacking any sense of personal space, it's pretty hard to miss him wherever he goes. He's friendly and overall seems like a pretty good guy that's fun to hang out with - well, at least if you ignore all the little signs constantly telling you something is… a little wrong with him. For example, there was a time when his friend's loved one died in a car crash, and while everyone else was busy giving their condolences and trying to cheer the poor guy up, Ren was sitting a bit further away, entertaining himself by audibly wondering exactly how the girl had died. Concussion? Did the glass shards mess her face up before she died? Any broken bones, if so, where? He was quickly told off, and he was profoundly confused. Hey, he had just been wondering, geez. He was just curious. They should have been thankful he was interested in them in the first place.

See, the thing is that Ren lacks empathy and has a complete inability to read the mood or pick upon others' feelings or cues of behaviour. He's emotion-blind, you could say, being next to unable to feel pity or compassion. It's not that he's mean or hates everyone, it simply means he doesn't – that he's unable to – really care about anyone on a deeper level. He likes his friends and is friendly, yes, they're fun to hang around with, but if someone asked him to give money to save all of their lives or something, he'd laugh and refuse, because what the hell? Who'd give something - anything - of their own to save someone else? Nope, doesn't make any sense to him. There isn't any tragic backstory to that; he was just born that way. Some people are.

Either way, due to this attitude, Ren can come across as a bit of a bully at times, picking fun at people's mistakes without a care in the world. He doesn't do it to cause mischief, he just doesn't get that it could do that, because he's very laid-back and he wouldn't mind. He prefers not to take anything seriously if he can help it, which lends itself to keeping his life very stress free. He is also very hard to piss off. He does, however, have a certain dislike for moody people that refuse to lighten up. Oh, and he never stops smiling. He likes to smile; it makes him look good - or so he figures.

Battling style: When it comes to battles, Ren doesn't care how the victory was achieved. Battle's a battle; there's no such thing as dirty fighting in them, and that can be seen in some of the techniques he uses. Trick tactics and surprise attacks are common. Poisoning enemies, using Double Team to dodge and slowly wear out the enemy while watching from the safety of a Leech Seed ensured high health is a rather common tactic, as is paralyzing the opponent and then boosting his own Pokémon's stats for a sweep, but he definitely doesn't mind using flat-out full force when he can, either. Long as the battle is, you guessed it, fun.

History: I know his basic history, but I'll develop and reveal it more during the story.

Starter Pokemon

495.gif

Nickname: Smugleaf (see what I did there)
Ability: Contrary
Moveset: | Glare | Leech Seed | Double Team | Toxic | Leaf Tornado | Hidden Power (Rock) |

Last edited:

jombii

Years
@GoldenHouou: O first before U, got it. Anyway, you're ACCEPTED for Smugleaf Snivy. ( I still am disappointed why he was no named that way)

@Oddball_: I'm giving you 12 more hours to finish your SU. Once that is up, your totodile reservation will be revoked. Or treecko.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years

Alice Evergreen
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Name: Alice Evergreen

Starter:
Spoiler:

Hometown:
Her mother lives in Ekruteak city Johto, but her dad lives in Sootopolis city Hoenn. She is shipped to stay with the other parent every year.

Personality:
Alice is a very narrow minded young woman who likes to hit fast and hard in Pokémon battles. She is extremely intelligent, mildly athletic, and has a soft spot for children. She doesn't cope well with heights and she despises bugs, with the exception of butterflies. She speaks perfect Johtonian as well as flawless Hoennian, however her Sinnish needs work.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Standing at 5 foot 9, Alice has long blonde hair and deep blue eyes. She prefers light cheery colored clothes and carries her items in her purse. Years of slipping on the wet rocks of Sootopolis has taught her that boots are vital.

History:
Alice was born in Ekruteak city in Johto, and she and her parents lived happily for several years. However shortly after her ninth birthday Horatio Smith and Sarah Evergreen's relationship took a rocky turn and Horatio returned to his hometown of Sootopolis. Alice eventually began going on year long visits to Sootopolis when she turned ten. So it was fitting that her mother gave her a gift: An infant Totodile. Since then many years have passed and Alice and Chompy happened to be in the midst of one of their trips to Hoenn when the league registration began. Together they happily signed up and are en route to Littleroot town to receive a Pokédex from the region's renowned professor Birch.

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
Years
@Varys: O before U, yes. Also, I before E except after C, and when sounding like A as in neighbor and weigh, and on weekends and holidays and all throughout May.

... If you get the reference, you get some major brownie points, btw.

Either way, thanks! I'll get a post up later today, most likely. Also, agreed on Smugleaf, which is why I figured I'd use the name here at least.

jombii

Years
@GoldenHouou: I only seem to hear it every now and then but I really don't know where that came from. </3

I'll have that brownie though.

He, cool nickname.

Back