• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favorite Pokemon game

Years
  • What is your least favorite game, and why.

I have to say, Im kinda disappointed with Pokemon Ranger, GUardian signs.

I mean, the way they ruind is just sad imo.

Pros:
    - Graphics are perfect
    - Riding Legendary Cats/Beats/NOT DOGS
    - Riding Latios/Latias
    - Pokemon walking around, general fun kind of gameplay

Cons:

All of the Pros just CANT MAKE UP for this huge flaw. Script.
    I cant believe that allowed something like this to appear in a game like this. Shadows of Almia was amazing, and will always be one of my favorites. They screwed up this game's script as much s they could. Characters, from Murph to pretty much most of others, were irritating, and annoying. Humor is bland and plain. There is no character development.

Story itself is no better imo either. Basically throughout the entire story the only thing Rangers are proving is that they suck pretty much. They send us to prevent Moltres from waking up, we fail, Articuno, we fail, Zapdos, we fail. The entire ranger base is one house where a ranger's daughter can apparently upgrade the most enhanced Ranger device.

QUESTS. What the hell is with those. Mother asking Ranger to go to her son cos she doesnt like how his house smells? People asking us to bring Pokemon cos they want to photograph/see/dance with them? Come on.

Summer, our ranger partner, decides to save bad guys at one moment, and then few moments later she lets another couple of bad guys let smashed by avalanche. At one moment she is all "Bad guys, get them!", few secs later, "Oh its ok you tried to kill us, you were just taking orders, cya."

Oblivia. You thought Hoenn had too much water? Welcome to Oblivia, 99% of water, few islands, and few, FEW as in three villages. The most forgettable region ever, I'd say.

I might be exaggerating now, but this game could have been so much more.

Still, the graphics and the ability to ride beasts and Latios and some other details make the game worth playing.

Anyway, what's your least favorite game and why?

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Main Series: FRLG

The Gen 3 games, in general, have never rated highly to me, but FRLG committed the bigger sin of being a poor rendition of a good game. They removed more features than added new ones and overall, felt like a giant step backwards from even GSC (heck, even Yellow, in many ways). The way they dumbed down the originals with pointless tutorials and dropped Giovanni/E4 levels didn't work in their favor, either. Unless you really want to complete RSE's Pokédex or play Gen 1 on a DS Lite, better to just stick with the originals.

Spinoffs: Hey You, Pikachu!

Yeah... This one's kind of low-hanging fruit, but it deserves its bad reputation. It had a pretty neat idea, talking to and bonding with Pikachu, but the execution was horrible. The dumb yellow rat rarely listened to you, and the gameplay was nothing but a series of mindless minigames and fetch quests. (Made excruciatingly difficult by the lousy voice recognition.) Yeah, I know the game was kinda' meant for very young children, but c'mon. :rolleyes2:

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I feel like Pokemon Dash deserves a mention. I've not actually played it myself, I've seen some gameplay footage of it and heard from people who have played it, and it looks like a completely hollow experience. Surprise surprise, it was made by the same people that did Hey You, Pikachu! I really feel like Gamefreak and Nintendo would do well to protect their brand and not let any old studio tarnish what is a pretty important IP for them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I feel like Pokemon Dash deserves a mention. I've not actually played it myself, I've seen some gameplay footage of it and heard from people who have played it, and it looks like a completely hollow experience. Surprise surprise, it was made by the same people that did Hey You, Pikachu! I really feel like Gamefreak and Nintendo would do well to protect their brand and not let any old studio tarnish what is a pretty important IP for them.

The culprit for these games is a company called Ambrella. Their track record with Pokémon games isn't great, to say the least:

- Hey You, Pikachu!
    - Pokemon Channel
    - Pokemon Dash
    - My Pokémon Ranch
    - Pokémon Rumble
    - Pokémon Rumble Blast
    - Pokémon Rumble U

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Let's just say you mix Candy Crush and Pokemon Trozei. What would you get? Pokemon Shuffle.

-> Great Ball just dang expensive
    -> Powerups worth a mentioning:
    [x] Complexity -1 too expensive
    [x] Certain items are priced 1500 to 3000. Which easy to get if you finish all the level that not cleared yet, occasionally coin special stage appear which you can get coins, coins on normal puzzles are seldom. Playing on same level expect meowth level will just get you 30 coins. Special stages/expert awards better coins after that back to 30 coins.
    - I do smell like Candy Crush Saga of using hearts
    - Eww Mircotranscations that's not kinda Nintendo game I want.

that's is all I have to say at least

Sirfetch’d

Black and White 2. The story was bland, I wasn't a huge fan of Unova to begin with so going through it again wasn't necessarily fun to me either. The protagonists were a step up from the originals but that was really the only highlight of the game for me. 5th gen in general was a bit of a letdown especially competitively.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Let's just say you mix Candy Crush and Pokemon Trozei. What would you get? Pokemon Shuffle.

-> Great Ball just dang expensive
    -> Powerups worth a mentioning:
    [x] Complexity -1 too expensive
    [x] Certain items are priced 1500 to 3000. Which easy to get if you finish all the level that not cleared yet, occasionally coin special stage appear which you can get coins, coins on normal puzzles are seldom. Playing on same level expect meowth level will just get you 30 coins. Special stages/expert awards better coins after that back to 30 coins.
    - I do smell like Candy Crush Saga of using hearts
    - Eww Mircotranscations that's not kinda Nintendo game I want.

that's is all I have to say at least

Blecch, I hate those "freemium" games. The cost of those in-app purchases can get downright obscene, and the game's completely unplayable without them. And, most of these games are crap quality to begin with.

I feel reminded of this hilarious spoof. Let's hope it doesn't come true.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Similarly to Castform, I've also found myself disliking Black 2 and White 2 quite a bit.

Although its prequels were enjoyable to play (story might have been following their old formula of defeating evil organizations, gym leaders, becoming champion, and so forth, but that's how most of their other main-series title are; even so, they still had provided us something new to keep ourselves engaged), these two, however, weren't precisely as great.

What bothered me most regarding BW2 is, well, originality. In comparison to Black and White, they did kind of lack them, making these two releases feel more like a rehash (of course, this is only my opinion; others might look at it differently).

Years
  • Black and White 2. The story was bland, I wasn't a huge fan of Unova to begin with so going through it again wasn't necessarily fun to me either. The protagonists were a step up from the originals but that was really the only highlight of the game for me. 5th gen in general was a bit of a letdown especially competitively.

Similarly to Castform, I've also found myself disliking Black 2 and White 2 quite a bit.

Although its prequels were enjoyable to play (story might have been following their old formula of defeating evil organizations, gym leaders, becoming champion, and so forth, but that's how most of their other main-series title are; even so, they still had provided us something new to keep ourselves engaged), these two, however, weren't precisely as great.

What bothered me most regarding BW2 is, well, originality. In comparison to Black and White, they did kind of lack them, making these two releases feel more like a rehash (of course, this is only my opinion; others might look at it differently).

No no no no, guys you dont really mean it, Im about to play those for the first time this year hopefully, I have high expectations, dont do this to me! lol

Years
  • No no no no, guys you dont really mean it, Im about to play those for the first time this year hopefully, I have high expectations, dont do this to me! lol

Yes. Please ignore the haters; B2W2 have so much content. Do not pay any mind to the idiots that bash it for the story and other rather insignificant things - a little bit of dialogue and plot direction is WELL worth the PWT, Black Tower/White Treehollow, and then some.

As for me, I almost want to say Ruby and Sapphire, part of because I feel like the only reason they gained so much popularity is because of the Generation V haters...

Years
  • The worst Pokemon game for me is probably either FRLG or Yellow. They are good games by default, but in the case of Yellow; they made the player start a Pikachu which couldn't evolve and it just didn't add as much to the table unlike with Crystal, Emerald, Platinum and B2W2. With FRLG; they just tried too hard to make it like generation 1, that meant not including Kingdra, Crobat and many more into the Pokedex. Also, they made the game way too hax based for my liking. There's also that soundtrack; the soundtrack in this game was just awful, the battle themes in particular.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • I was never a fan of the Ranger series. When I bought one of the Ranger games, I really did have high hopes, but after playing for 30 minutes or so, I began hating it loads. Maybe this is an unpopular opinion but I really don't care.

The thing I really didn't like about it the game-play. I hated the way of how you caught your pokemon. And if you're wondering what I did with that disappointing game, well then I sold the game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I never liked the original Ruby and Sapphire.
    Having said that, I think the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire remakes are great!

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2016
    Never really played spinoff games much at all. For the main series I guess I would say Diamond and Pearl. They're the only Pokemon games that feel slow to me even though the gameplay of this franchise isn't exactly high octane. I've never played Platinum, does it fix some of the issues?

Years
  • Never really played spinoff games much at all. For the main series I guess I would say Diamond and Pearl. They're the only Pokemon games that feel slow to me even though the gameplay of this franchise isn't exactly high octane. I've never played Platinum, does it fix some of the issues?

It fixes all the issues, especially the slow surfing and the other stuff. Or at least that's what people say on the internet, I dont know from my experience since I only played Platinum, and its one of the best games imo.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2016
    It fixes all the issues, especially the slow surfing and the other stuff. Or at least that's what people say on the internet, I dont know from my experience since I only played Platinum, and its one of the best games imo.

Cool. I've definitely gotta check it out then. Sinnoh is a beautiful region that I've neglected somewhat. Thanks.

Years
  • I actually don't know anymore. ]: Before I'd have said D/P but lately I've been realizing that was mostly due to disliking many of the new Pokemon designs, the gameplay itself was amazing. I mean, I wouldn't have ordered the Japanese version of Pearl and poured hundreds of hours into both that and later my English Diamond if I didn't like it.

And B/W2 were amazing. The story was one of the best and I loved how different those games seemed to B/W - definitely one of my favorites. Least favorites-wise, though? I'm pretty much stumped.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    core series: B/W - I've talked about why black and white has been my least favorite so many times on here so I rather not beat the point down lol. Just know it's my least favorite

spin offs: Trozei! - I want to add I haven't played many spin off games and Trozei! wasn't really that bad. Just compared to what I have played for spin offs it was the most boring.

Years
  • I actually don't know anymore. ]: Before I'd have said D/P but lately I've been realizing that was mostly due to disliking many of the new Pokemon designs, the gameplay itself was amazing. I mean, I wouldn't have ordered the Japanese version of Pearl and poured hundreds of hours into both that and later my English Diamond if I didn't like it.

And B/W2 were amazing. The story was one of the best and I loved how different those games seemed to B/W - definitely one of my favorites. Least favorites-wise, though? I'm pretty much stumped.

Yeah, i'm sure there are several people who invested many hours in DP when they were new, but that was probably only because of the technology and how they introduced so much new to the table, like 3D environments, the physical/special split, and then some... But nowadays with games with more to do, that's when DP start looking not as appealing.

My Pearl version has the longest save of any of my Pokémon games ever, with over 440 hours. And my main White 2 is second, with I think 374. And over 100 of them were done since at least 2014 started.

Back