• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favorite Pokemon game

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
Years
  • For the main series, my least favorite game would be Diamond / Pearl. That's not to say I hated Generation 4 as a whole, as I loved Platinum and Heartgold / Soulsilver. I just found D / P as very weak main-series games. The battling speed was way slower than it should have been. Random Encounters are already annoying enough, but when it takes more time than it should to kill the wild Pokemon or run away, it makes the game less fun. And speaking of slowness, why was surfing at a snail's pace? I found that to be almost unbearable. Thankfully, the surfing issue was fixed in Platinum.

As for spinoffs, PMD: Gates to Infinity has to be my least favorite. I freaking love the Mystery Dungeon series, and the Explorers games are some of my favorite games of all time, but Gates was very disappointing overall, with only the graphics and music being its redeeming features. I was upset that there weren't all 649 Pokemon in the game (Gen 6 did not exist yet), as all Pokemom were available in the previous games. I was also upset by the lack of the IQ system. Team Skills are nice and all, but they made the game much easier. The story was also weaker than the previous PMD games, which was the final nail in the coffin for me. :p

Back