• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
  • I play some of those on my phone, lol. Even more Portable ;)

@Ashley, I guess that would be nice, not really. Just perhaps a messaging system.. Pokemon Black and White can video call.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    A 3DS Phone? I think Nintendo wants to stay away from the smartphone market as much as possible when it comes to games themselves. Adding in phone functionality, though?

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Probably because they didn't really want to shell out for FF and Pokémon wouldn't have worked well without MP support, and Pinball isn't worth much?

I think they only got some codeveloped by Capcom/Flagship titles.

P.S. Flagship the company. Seems like it's now folded into Nintendo or became Dimps, I do not know.

Last edited:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • Hasn't Golden Sun become a flagship title? o3o
    I'm really happy with these games, and all of them are games I love; but yeah.
    No Golden Sun was surprising. Especially with two racing games on the list.
    Then again, it already has some genre of RPG on that list. xD;

/loves golden sun

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Oh, and by the way, a heads-up to everyone - check your eShop accounts now. They are finally up for everyone!

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Professional software, Nintendo.

It was impossible to make download queueing not take three needless clicks and a ton of time wasted, after all.

The Ambassador titles help to show how terribly designed the home screen is, too. Just put every game, app, system function on the same screen, we don't need organisation or sub-menus or list or anything that's been commonplace since the Xbox 360 and the PSP came out.

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Download queuing wasn't a hassle to me at all. It's just a matter of clicking the right button when asked. XD One extra click...

I think someone needs to chuck in an update to precisely give folders and sorting. XD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • It is so damn weird that you have to go to the eShop's previously downloaded listing and "redownload" the games that you never had before to begin with. They didn't put a lot of thought into usability.

Also, Super Circuit is freakishly unplayable using the slider. Much easier using the d-pad, but then the L button is too far away for the items

DualBlade

The Umbreon Lover
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 24, 2013
    Well So Far i just played Super Mario 3D Land, Legends of Zelda:Ocarina of Time(AWESOME GAME!), Sonic Generations 3DS and Pokemon Rumble Blast.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Well, My nintendo dsi and pokemon platinum and heartgold got stolen. I miss playing pokemon so much and i plan to replace my system and games. I was thinking about buying a nintendo 3ds instead of a nintendo dsi again because the nintendo 3ds has all the nintendo dsi has and more for the same price. I have ran across a review though that said the nintendo 3ds only gets 3-5 hours battery life.

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not. If i do get the nintendo 3ds it will only be used for playing pokemon games not in 3D, maybe the mii thing and internet once in a while when i don't feel like using my laptop.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Well, My nintendo dsi and pokemon platinum and heartgold got stolen. I miss playing pokemon so much and i plan to replace my system and games. I was thinking about buying a nintendo 3ds instead of a nintendo dsi again because the nintendo 3ds has all the nintendo dsi has and more for the same price. I have ran across a review though that said the nintendo 3ds only gets 3-5 hours battery life.

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not. If i do get the nintendo 3ds it will only be used for playing pokemon games not in 3D, maybe the mii thing and internet once in a while when i don't feel like using my laptop.
    That really sucks...how did it get stolen?
    The 3ds does have shorter battery life, but I believe it is longer when you play regular ds games without the 3d on, but i am not sure exactly how much longer.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • So... GBA games look better on the 3DS than DS games do.

I dont know, I quite like how Pokemon Black and White look on my 3DS <3

Though I dislike that the Circle Pad works so bad on the GBA Mario Kart, D:
    I dont know how much I'll be playing the GBA on my 3DS, as I kinda play them on my phone, haha. :)

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    OK, I have a question for all you 3DS folks!

What sound setting do you use for:
    • Playing music
    • Playing 3DS games
    • Playing VC/3D Classics Games
    • Playing DS games (if options are available within the game)

Me? I always use Surround these days - feels so good, man. You can't deny the fact that you can discern where the sound is! And left is more left, and right is more right... It does muffle things a bit, and isn't really the best choice for MP3/AAC playback when you're not using any kind of headphones. When you are, though? Nice.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've currently got 4 games for the 3DS and they're Nintendogs + Cats, Asphalt 3D, Mario Kart 7 and Super Pokemon Rumble.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I have Mario 3D. It is almost worth $200 all alone. I also have Ocarina of Time. It is the first Zelda game i have played. There are parts I like, but overall I don't think I will play another Zelda game.

I have accepted the 3DS battery life. It doesn't bother me. For those of you with out a 3DS, Buy it now. I was a long time hater of the 3DS, but now that I have it in my hands, I do not regret it. It is worth the money.

Monster Hunter may not make it to American 3DS. Write letters, pray, do something. I have never played monster hunter before, but i think it would be great for the 3DS.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think I really need to go out and buy Mario Kart 7. It's like everyone I know has it already! XD

Also, having fun with Swapnote/Nintendo Letter Box?

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I got the 3DS finally about a week ago.
    I got the Super Mario 3D Land bundle, and last Friday I bought Ocarina of Time 3D.
    I played the Original for a little bit, But I'm not a big Zelda fan, I have played a bit of the first one, I did beat Oracle of Ages several years back. I did play bits and parts of Majora's mask. But after playing Ocarina of Time 3D I feel in love with the series, Im not even close to finishing it. I'm just taking my time. As for Super Mario 3D Land, Im a bit close to beating it I beat the original 8 worlds. Just need to do the Special worlds haha.

Back