• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What remake would you like to see next?

Years
  • I know its still a long ways away because we still need gen 7 to come out, if pokemon will follow the trend of next gen/remake pattern. But since ORAS came out I haven't been able to stop thinking about what remake would come out next. I personally would like to continue seeing remakes, because as technology advances we can see better graphics. Plus they need to incorporate mega evolution into the stories of all the games. I think the next one should be gen 4 remakes. Adamant Diamond and Lustrous Pearl. What do you think it would be? Can you think of any good names for it? When do you think it will come out?

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • TBH it's still very early for a remake of Gen 4 to happen. If there was to be one, it would obviously be that (making the thread title a little obsolete XD - should have been "when do you think the next remake is coming out?")

Although I'm interested in seeing what Sinnoh would look like in 3D.

Years
  • Most of you probably already know my answer to this one. Every Gen needs to be available on the 3DS before we can start remaking the ones that are. I'd rather not have GF pull a Zelda and remake a newer game before an older one that needs it more badly.

Agreed 100%. I do think that Gen 4 is most likely to see a remake because of the trend they go going on. Firered/LeafGreen, HeartGold/SoulSilver, OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire. Hopefully they will follow the order and make Gen 4. I personally loved Gen 4 it was my favorite Gen because of the graphics update from GBA to NDS.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Agreed 100%. I do think that Gen 4 is most likely to see a remake because of the trend they go going on. Firered/LeafGreen, HeartGold/SoulSilver, OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire. Hopefully they will follow the order and make Gen 4. I personally loved Gen 4 it was my favorite Gen because of the graphics update from GBA to NDS.

Problem is that FRLG are older than DPP, and naturally, you remake older games before newer ones. Yes, Zelda broke that rule by remaking Wind Waker before Majora's Mask, but they ended up pissing off a lot of people by doing that. I'd know I'd be similarly pissed if GF left Gen 1 to rot in the GBA era while the newer Gen 4 got shiny new remakes; it would tell me that GF didn't give a hoot about the original fans anymore.

Years
  • A remake of Colosseum for the 3DS or Wii U would be pretty sweet.

Id prefer a sequel to XD Gale of Darkness, Idk that making a remake would happen because it was already in 3d graphics on the Gamecube. So I think a sequel would happen before considering remakes for those games. But I loved the idea of Shadow Pokemon so personally id love to see a remake or a sequel.

Problem is that FRLG are older than DPP, and naturally, you remake older games before newer ones. Yes, Zelda broke that rule by remaking Wind Waker before Majora's Mask, but they ended up pissing off a lot of people by doing that. I'd know I'd be similarly pissed if GF left Gen 1 to rot in the GBA era while the newer Gen 4 got shiny new remakes; it would tell me that GF didn't give a hoot about the original fans anymore.

The only problem with that is that FRLG was already a remake of R/B/Y. Yeah Id love to see Kanto in 3D but I doubt it would happen.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    The only problem with that is that FRLG was already a remake of R/B/Y.

An extremely outdated remake. Yes, many of us don't want to face it, but even remakes, themselves, will eventually become obsolete. When DPP become outdated enough to warrant remakes, guess which other games will, too? There's just no avoiding it, and skipping over Kanto/Johto to remake newer games won't do anything but piss off and alienate older fans (ie. those of us who came into the franchise in the Pokémania Era).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I actually wouldn't mind seeing a Kanto Remake and a Sinnoh Remake eventually. I can see a Kanto Remake coming first, perhaps marking the 20th anniversary in 2016. As for the Sinnoh Remake I'd say we're still a few years off yet.

Years
  • We can definitely expect remakes of the 4th gen games, of that I am certain. But I think they're a good few years down the line. I mean, for whatever reason, Game Freak skipped 5th gen, which was the 'rightful' place for 3rd gen remakes (going by the original pattern). But I think it's safe to say that assuming any sort of 'formula' is in place would be a bad move on our part. Since B2W2, the biggest curveball in GameFreak history, we've been trying to figure them out, and it's only getting harder.

Basically, we can definitely expect Sinnoh remakes, but it absolutely won't be for another 3 years or so.

This gets somewhat off-topicy, maybe, so I'll spoiler it. Also, Delta Episode spoilers.
    Spoiler:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I been thinking of getting 4th gen a remake with possibly have 4th gen starter mega evolved and more post content.

0.5% a remake of Kanto Remake will most likely to happen.

Years
  • If we're counting third versions as remakes, then I'd rather we get the obligatory third Kalos game first. Otherwise, I prefer R/G/B/Y remakes (and possibly with the ability to go to Johto included to somewhat put off the inevitable cries for another G/S/C remake, but that's a discussion for another thread). D/P/Pl can still be played on current hardware and can possibly still be found in stores (assuming you don't mind buying used, anyway), so if we get those (which we will, eventually) I'd rather they happen later rather than sooner. Although after what they did with OR/AS I'm not so sure I even want them remade if it means they're going to have the ridiculous rosters and available wild Pokemon from D/P and completely ignore the improvements Platinum made.

Years
  • If we're counting third versions as remakes, then I'd rather we get the obligatory third Kalos game first. Otherwise, I prefer R/G/B/Y remakes (and possibly with the ability to go to Johto included to somewhat put off the inevitable cries for another G/S/C remake, but that's a discussion for another thread). D/P/Pl can still be played on current hardware and can possibly still be found in stores (assuming you don't mind buying used, anyway), so if we get those (which we will, eventually) I'd rather they happen later rather than sooner. Although after what they did with OR/AS I'm not so sure I even want them remade if it means they're going to have the ridiculous rosters and available wild Pokemon from D/P and completely ignore the improvements Platinum made.

I wouldn't exactly count third versions as remakes myself. I see them more as additions to the storyline. Mostly because I want to believe that there will be remakes for these games on the 3ds. I agree with you guys though that Kanto will come before Sinnoh if they decide to do a remake of it for the 3ds. But the possibility isn't very high due to the fact FRLG was already a remake for them. Although it would be nice to see Kanto in 3d graphics and would make a lot of vintage Pokemon fans happy. It would probably sell well too. Ive always liked the idea of being able to go to different regions like you were able to go back to Kanto in G/S/C and HGSS. But that also might be a reason for them not to make a Kanto remake because you could already see it in HGSS in 3d graphics.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Remake wise id love to see a G/S - HG/SS remake next (especially if theyd re-add pokemon following you in lovely 3d!) especially as its the 20th anniversary. R/B/Y - FR/LG just would seem pointless when you have the above which includes Kanto anyway.

A second visit to Kalos wouldnt be bad though but that'd not be a remake as said above. Id like them to announce it soon its been nearly 6 months since OR/AS so even just an announcement now with an autumn release would be nice.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Remake wise id love to see a G/S - HG/SS remake next (especially if theyd re-add pokemon following you in lovely 3d!) especially as its the 20th anniversary. R/B/Y - FR/LG just would seem pointless when you have the above which includes Kanto anyway.

You realize that Gen 1 Kanto =/= Gen 2 Kanto, right? You might as well call B2W2 the same game as BW, or XD the same game as Colosseum. (Hey, they both have Unova/Orre, right? :rolleyes2:)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'd love to see a remake of Diamond and Pearl because they are in need of it. I think a lot of people really dislike these games, myself included, because of the speed the game ran and various other issues with the titles. Sinnoh is in need of redemption cause Platinum alone can't save it, I'm afraid. I'd love to see Sinnoh redone, made over, and speedy so that I can play it and love it again as I once did before.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I would really so love to see Diamond and Pearl remakes done next. It's the most likely to happen imo, and I'm really surprised that they seem to be unanimously disliked, Sinnoh is like my second favorite region ever, and to see it in 3D with improved mechanics, PokéDex, etc. would be phenomenal.

It would be really cool to see some kind of continuation (not a remake) of Colo/XD on the WiiU as well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I agree that a remake of either XD or Colosseum would be nice to see, yeah; I've been wanting them to bring shadow-Pokémon system into this series for a decently long time, and I believe this will finally give them the opportunity to do so. Aside from that, I'm also expecting them to remake Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum somewhere down the line soon--likely in generation seven of games--as it's been one of their traditions to redesign older games every gen and put them out for younger players to play and enjoy.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Oh yes, didn't even think about the console RPGs. I'd love to see Orre return on the Wii U, whether it's through a remake or another game to continue the Orre series. Orre is one of my favorite regions.

Back