• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What remake would you like to see next?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Not to mention bringing back the old surfing pikachu game and pokemon!

I loved that game on yellow.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Orre Region remakes.

What could anyone possibly think off? I don't know. I don't even care if some dev team other than Gamefreak develops a reboot of the Pokemon Colosseum side games. Orre Region remakes would probably blow most of the long standing fans minds while at the same time surprising newer generation pups with the DESOLATE AND UNKNOWN REGION OF Badly named People (Nascour) and puns.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I don't mind seeing Johto remade once again. Surely HGSS were amazing, but I'm curious as to how Johto would look in 3D.

Yellow has become a little underrated. I would love to see that game remade soon. It'd be nice to play through Kanto and have Pikachu as our starter again.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I don't mind seeing Johto remade once again. Surely HGSS were amazing, but I'm curious as to how Johto would look in 3D.

Yellow has become a little underrated. I would love to see that game remade soon. It'd be nice to play through Kanto and have Pikachu as our starter again.

my biggest idea is to see a combination of the two games if they would ever be remade in 3d.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire were the only remakes that were really necessitated in my opinion, mainly because Hoenn was the last region in need of some type of three-dimensional (3D) conversion (in addition to the physical-special combat split being of great use within the Battle Frontier facilities, since some Pokemon playstyles were very different prior to said combat split - still hoping on more facilities to properly supplement the "Battle Maison"/Battle Tower of Hoenn)..
    Additionally, most post-Pokemon Emerald core series Pokemon games seemed to have more useful movepools for Pokemon in addition to more reliable methods of using Technical Machine (TM) moves (compared to the paltry things like the one Earthquake TM you are permitted in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, unless you somehow get lucky with a Pickup-Ability Pokemon), so it was great to see Hoenn's general experience enhanced in that regard.. Hoenn's vistas also seem to benefit the most from a 3D viewpoint (areas based on volcanoes, deserts, forests, jungles, industrial-looking cities, atop-water and underwater locales) although this is more of my own opinion..

I don't think that remakes of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are warranted (particularly because Pokemon Platinum Version seemed to fix most of what was wrong in that regard); they even started out with quite a bit of 3D! None of the post-Pokemon Platinum innovations seem that integral for the Sinnoh experience (from my understanding, it still fared quite nicely without the Fairy-type and Mega Evolutions), and seem like they would be better suited for a new Pokemon region adventure instead. Aside from more Forme changes (which can really be done in any generation onwards) and 'nostalgia' reasons, the only other major change I can see is "prettying up the region", and I feel like the visual jump (at least in overworld terms) won't be as great as the 2D-to-3D makeovers for the regions of Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn, especially since Sinnoh's overworld already started out in 3D.

As for Kanto...yeesh. I've only really experienced Kanto via Pokemon FireRed Version, and already I'm tired of it. XD Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver accomplished the necessary 2D-to-3D Kanto makeover in my opinion, and Kanto can generally be traversed so that you still get a sufficient "Kanto" experience in a Johto-based game (even some of the Kanto scenery that Generation 2 couldn't handle was restored). Pokemon X and Y definitely didn't help matters for a "Kanto remake" by having a forestal layout mimicking that of Viridian Forest, in addition to sporting the Kanto starter Pokemon, Mewtwo, and the Winged Mirages/Legendary Bird Pokemon of Kanto. I mean, Kanto has appeared in at least 10 games (just counting English releases, and considering paired versions as distinct entities) within 4 consecutive generations...I know it's where the franchise started, but seriously, I know what Kanto looks like already. XD Anyway, I feel like a "back to one's roots" is appropriate for Pokemon franchise's upcoming 20th anniversary (but then that begs the question of if we go back to Kanto for the 25th, 50th, or any other "10*n"-th anniversaries >_>), although Kanto seems over-visited by now... I guess the "classic" Kanto might warrant another remake (since Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen Versions are roughly as dated as the other Generation 3 games - Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Versions), although I'm really not enthused about it, and such a release would really have to make Kanto enticing (to people other than those who haven't played through the region yet, at least).

The core series Pokemon games would really benefit from Virtual Console releases, in my opinion - something like Pokemon Platinum would be great for the Wii U's Virtual Console, especially since DS games are now supported. In my opinion, the main issues that would still persist despite Virtual Consoles are lack of new Pokemon (which will be inevitable as long as we continue to get new Pokemon generations), multiplayer issues (sadly inevitable as well, as the online servers for Generations 4 and 5 have demonstrated with their shut-downs), and lack of "key" Pokemon Trainers (like Gym Leaders and the like). Although migrating Virtual-Console-obtained Pokemon would be nice (could be viable for all post-Generation 2 games, as long as the coding structure doesn't change again...?), it seems like the "regional experience/plot" would matter more; multiplayer battles and new Pokemon seem better relegated to the newer Pokemon releases. Honestly, an online browser-based "Pokemon" massively-multiplayer role-playing-game (MMORPG) could solve a lot of these problems. >_>

I just feel like at this point, we can't keep remaking Pokemon things forever - newer regions can still retain past-generation Pokemon by way of Safari Zone/"dimensional rifts and warps", and past-generation Pokemon can keep reappearing in battle facilities like the Pokemon World Tournament venues. I do feel like we need to maintain "backwards-compatibility" somehow (either by direct access, or by making past Pokemon games more widely and readily available on modern consoles through digital means, or by way of online MMORPG), so that newer Pokemon regions can be made and past regions can still receive their deserved attention.

Tl;Dr - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and other post-Generation 3 remakes aren't necessary; Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen remakes might be warranted because, hey, "20th anniversary hype"; Virtual Console releases would help mitigate the need for more "remakes"; "online Pokemon MMORPG" would really help out with things; experiences of past generations should still be readily available for players of the modern age.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    As for Kanto...yeesh. I've only really experienced Kanto via Pokemon FireRed Version, and already I'm tired of it. XD Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver accomplished the necessary 2D-to-3D Kanto makeover in my opinion, and Kanto can generally be traversed so that you still get a sufficient "Kanto" experience in a Johto-based game (even some of the Kanto scenery that Generation 2 couldn't handle was restored). Pokemon X and Y definitely didn't help matters for a "Kanto remake" by having a forestal layout mimicking that of Viridian Forest, in addition to sporting the Kanto starter Pokemon, Mewtwo, and the Winged Mirages/Legendary Bird Pokemon of Kanto. I mean, Kanto has appeared in at least 10 games (just counting English releases, and considering paired versions as distinct entities) within 4 consecutive generations...I know it's where the franchise started, but seriously, I know what Kanto looks like already. XD Anyway, I feel like a "back to one's roots" is appropriate for Pokemon franchise's upcoming 20th anniversary (but then that begs the question of if we go back to Kanto for the 25th, 50th, or any other "10*n"-th anniversaries >_>), although Kanto seems over-visited by now... I guess the "classic" Kanto might warrant another remake (since Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen Versions are roughly as dated as the other Generation 3 games - Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Versions), although I'm really not enthused about it, and such a release would really have to make Kanto enticing (to people other than those who haven't played through the region yet, at least).

While others only care about the gameplay aspect, many of us do care about stories, so neither HGSS or XY could ever be an adequate "substitute" for a Gen 1 remake. The former is still missing several "key" characters and even areas from Gen 1 (Mt. Moon is still pretty watered down), while the latter takes place in a completely different region with a completely different cast and story (which this Gen 1 fan has zero interest in, IMO). Plus, HGSS, themselves, are two Generations old now, and while Gen 4 still isn't nearly as outdated as Gens 1-3, they still lack many features of the newest games (like functioning wi-fi, for starters).

Yes, Kanto has appeared in many games, but that's mostly because A) it's the first and most well-known region (for better or worse), and B) it's the only region that got a direct sequel in the following Generation. If GSC had been another micro-reboot like RSE and DPP and just had Johto, then Kanto wouldn't have been a part of either Gen 2 or 4 and it will have appeared in just as many Gens as Johto and Hoenn.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I'm expecting FiniteDiamond and DeepPearl sometime at the end of gen 7 in 2019. Gonna be N3DS exclusive, NX compatible. I really want them to expand on the legends, give us MT Coronet always looming in the background, and updated poketch's. More so, Cyrus from the NoMegaverse can show up in the Megaverse, and wreck havoc with the other Cyrus. Mega Sinnoh starters and primal Gem Trio should also be another thing that is gonna rock.

But don't expect a frontier.┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I don't think that remakes of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are warranted (particularly because Pokemon Platinum Version seemed to fix most of what was wrong in that regard); they even started out with quite a bit of 3D! None of the post-Pokemon Platinum innovations seem that integral for the Sinnoh experience (from my understanding, it still fared quite nicely without the Fairy-type and Mega Evolutions), and seem like they would be better suited for a new Pokemon region adventure instead. Aside from more Forme changes (which can really be done in any generation onwards) and 'nostalgia' reasons, the only other major change I can see is "prettying up the region", and I feel like the visual jump (at least in overworld terms) won't be as great as the 2D-to-3D makeovers for the regions of Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn, especially since Sinnoh's overworld already started out in 3D.

Sinnoh and HGSS are on a shit slow engine. They would benefit greatly from updates. They went for graphical power to "set" DS apart from the GBA and it made everything slow, because the DS hardware is crappy.

DS graphics are transitional simplistic 2D/3D. In a few years they'll look very outdated. But I don't expect the remakes until Nintendo cuts retrocompatibility with the DS.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    In the Sinnoh vs. Kanto debate, I'm for Kanto being remade first all the way. Diamond & Pearl are awful, awful games, among the worst in the series, but they already have an excellent remake in Platinum that still holds up to this day. Meanwhile, while FRLG are great games in their own right, they're on an outdated/unsupported piece of hardware and are starting to show their age--which is the reason the original Red/Blue got remade in the first place. Plus, I personally would love to see Kanto rendered on the 3DS. A remake of the original adventure with the modern advancements made in the series would make for a great fresh experience in my opinion. And with the 20th anniversary of Pokemon coming next year? I wouldn't be surprised if they are already in the works.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    In the Sinnoh vs. Kanto debate, I'm for Kanto being remade first all the way. Diamond & Pearl are awful, awful games, among the worst in the series, but they already have an excellent remake in Platinum that still holds up to this day. Meanwhile, while FRLG are great games in their own right, they're on an outdated/unsupported piece of hardware and are starting to show their age--which is the reason the original Red/Blue got remade in the first place. Plus, I personally would love to see Kanto rendered on the 3DS. A remake of the original adventure with the modern advancements made in the series would make for a great fresh experience in my opinion. And with the 20th anniversary of Pokemon coming next year? I wouldn't be surprised if they are already in the works.

Exactly. You typically remake older games before newer games, and FRLG are older than DPP, ergo they're the next to be remade. It's as simple as that.

(Although, it'd more than likely be a re-remake of the originals rather than a remake of the remakes, which only strengthens the argument for new remakes. Remember that FRLG came out when many of the original fans were deep into their "Pokémon is for babies" phase and there was very little nostalgia for the games, period, so a lot of original fans completely missed FRLG. HGSS managed to court some of them back, but a sequel will never be a substitute for a prequel.)

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
    Years
  • I know it's already been remade, but I would love to see Kanto remade (again) with the generation VI engine.

Aside from that, Orre region remakes would be awesome. I've always loved the Orre region and the concept of Shadow Pokemon and snagging. <3

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    who else wants?....

Thunder yellow version? I know i want this so bad

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    Personally I'd rather not see another remake. Ever. Remaking all these games has always struck me as a cheap way to get money out of fans' pockets. Yeah, I know everybody wants the games to be compatible with the newer versions so they can trade their Pokémon plus see new gimmicks and improvements being added to the older games, Game Freak can't constantly make new content, etc..
    I know remaking games is not a bad thing, but I'm still not very fond of the practice. Again, it just seems like a way to grab more money.

Anyway, if we really had to get yet another remake, I'm up for Kanto. It'd be nice for the Kanto games to be remade with all the improvements introduced in Gens IV, V and VI, especially Mega Evolutions. Since quite a few Gen I Pokémon have Mega Evolutions, that would be a nice, refreshing change.

Sinnoh IMHO isn't old enough to warrant a remake. Although I have to be completely honest here: if they did remake D/P/Pt I wouldn't exactly complain about it since that would mean we'd get a new Pokémon Special arc starring Diamond, Pearl and Platinum and I'd be TOTALLY okay with that, I loved those three

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • A part of me always felt a small part of Yellow version (from the best of my knowledge) was incorporated into HGSS (via Pokemon following you, I guess?), but...as a whole, it was generally unnoticeable. I know I'd like to see Yellow remade in full, though. I never really fully experienced that adventure...

I do realize I may have contradicted myself by saying I don't want any remakes, but there are some very small exceptions.

Ah, having a Yellow remake sounds fun! I didn't really enjoy FireRed/Leafgreen/Kanto games that much (I liked HGSS better), but this would give it a nice little twist. Also I have kind of always wanted to play Yellow; I own it but every time I get past Brock, my game freezes >.>

Back