• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I actually appreciate it a lot when a game's cut scenes are well done. It adds a lot more to the game and if the art looks nice, then all the better. I hate it if the developers obviously hurried through their cut scenes and didn't put much effort into them. It just brings down to the quality of the whole game. There are some things that don't need to be paid much attention, but others do, and I feel like cut scenes are one of them as they usually represent important events going on in the game.

TY

I love watching cutscenes, i never skip them in games unless its a really bad one. Cutscenes make the game what it is, it tells the story.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I feel like cut scenes are extremely relevant in some video games, but barely useful at all in others. It depends on what type of game. For example, games that are more storyline oriented are much better with cut scenes, but games like Mario are far from needed, and only add a little bit extra.

Sir Servine

Who wants poffins? :3
    Years
  • Vine Vine Ser Servine. Servine Servine Ser Ser Servine Vine, Vine Ser Servine Servine. {XD} (I always watch the cutscenes. Sometimes I replay entire games just to see them again, Twilight Princess being the most so far. {XD})

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, it all depends on the game I play. If I'm playing a game mostly because of its story, then I will always watch the cutscenes. If it's a game that focuses more on the gameplay than the storyline, then I'll end up skipping a few scenes now and then. One of my favorite video game cutscenes is the ending of Super Mario Galaxy.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Ooh, I love that cutscene actually haha. I really liked the entirety of Galaxy's graphics. Personally, it was one of the best Mario games to date. They took an overused idea and made it their own in a way that worked perfectly. It's actually a prime example of a game that uses cutscenes correctly. One of the worst things you can do with a cutscene is, in my opinion, making the beginning one much too long. It takes away from the game and players are less excited once they are finally able to control the character.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Alright guys, new topic. If you could change anything about your favorite video game series, what would it be and why?

For me, I'd prompt Ubisoft to start pumping out more Rayman games, haha. I don't think they value the popularity of his character enough, and it dissapoints me that they only just recently started picking up the series again.

Years
  • Well my current favourite series is TES and I would definitely like to see a more Game of Thronesish aspect involved so the games are a lot more interesting and I, personally, would want to play the games even more if they had Game of Thrones features involved, I'm not saying all because then it wouldn't be TES really, but a few that would make the game a lot more engaging. And also the combat, because it lacks realism.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd like to see Nintendo continue the F-Zero series. It's their second biggest racing franchise (right behind Mario Kart), and in my opinion, it's the best futuristic racer game. The last F-Zero game they've made was F-Zero Climax, and it was for the GBA. The game was released almost ten years ago.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I don't really have a favourite game series. I play games that are fun. Ironically I'm having a lot of fun playing I Wanna Be The Guy. Even though it's really hard and I normally don't like hard games, in this one failing is pretty fun. Also I like all the references to the retro games, so I'd guess: If there was a favourite game series It should be as easy and fun as this one.

For me modern games are too complicated, too long and on top of that need a lot of concentration for all this stuff. Also most of the time those games are mostly build for consoles having some stupid drawbacks on PC (my favourite gaming "console" besides handhelds). For example I hated the menu in Skyrim, but fortunately there were some mods ready to install to make things easier.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • A friend and I had an idea while we played Call of Duty: Black Ops a couple years ago.

Fed up with campers, he suggested Treyarch implement an anti-camping feature. Where, if someone stayed in one place for too long. A laser would shoot from the sky and kill the player. As outlandish as this is, I still found it hilarious.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • If you could change anything about your favorite video game series, what would it be and why?

Spyro has always been one of my favorite series, but I'm not into the whole Skylanders thing. I wish Insomniac continued with it after Year of the Dragon, which is my favorite of the series. Enter the Dragonfly was fun despite its bugs and A Hero's Tail was better and the Legend of Spyro games were different but still fun.

But this is my biggest problem:
    Spoiler:

I would've kept the design as it was.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I would probably find a way for Zack Fair not to die in FF7.
    Also I heard Minecraft is coming on the PS4.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Also I heard Minecraft is coming on the PS4.

It'd be great if they allowed servers on the PS4 version. The one for Xbox didn't have servers, and due to that, it was a pretty bad experience for me. ^^" I would also like it if they enabled us to make modifications to the game, just like how we do it on PC.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Bah Sims is amazing, get it every time a new one comes out w/ most of the expansion packs. Sims 4 is really something I hope excels! Generally, PC gamers have a lot to be looking forward to because there are several exclusives games, many of these coming from Steam. But you also have the big games across all consoles to look forward to.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • I'd like a gaming computer myself. As the graphic card this one has is the worst of it's kind. Civilization lags and don't even think about playing a game like WoW, LoL or any big name games via steam. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back