• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grandma, you make the best cookies in the deep blue sea.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
  • I've got one of each side, my paternal grandfather who just turned 93 and my maternal grandmother who is about to turn 80 this month. My paternal grandmother died in 2005 after having several strokes that eventually took their toll and my maternal grandfather died in 2013 from Alzheimers.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • Both my grandmothers are alive, and both my grandfathers are dead. I have a close relationship with one of my grandmothers so it worries me that she's as old as she is because I would be devastated if she passed soon. It is what it is though and life is full of hardships.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Both my grandmothers are alive. My dad's mom lives a few towns over, and my mom's mom lives far away. I only have one grandfather left, and he lives on my dad's side, so, he's close. I don't really see any of them anymore, though.

Years
  • Just my maternal grandfather is alive, he lives close just a 15 min bus journey away. Compared to the rest of my family I really dont see him as much as I should.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I have both my grand parents fro my dad's side. They are our neighbors so I see them almost every time I come back home.

I love "tea time" at my grand mother.
    She give candies and cookies to my dog each time. As soon as my dog enter in the house, she goes to the fridge. It doesn't take 3 seconds before my grandma give her some treats.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    Maternal grandma is alive. I live with her. I am a grandma's girl and I'm not ashamed of it!

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • Both of my paternal grandparents have already passed away; the grandmother when I was seven or so, and the grandfather in 2013. We went to both of their funeral services, but I had never actually met or spoken to either of them in person. All I know about them is their names, and lovely keepsakes we still have from the grandma.

My maternal grandmother is alive (and lives with us), but I don't know anything about my grandfather on that side, or whether or not he's still alive, where he is, etc.. I've always liked my grandma despite how bothersome she can be sometimes; she's always been a lot more motherly than my actual mom, and is more tolerable than her rowdy siblings. I don't always agree with everything she says and does, but I'd be a wreck if anything bad happened to her..

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Only my maternal grandfather, now.

My dad's dad died before I was born. His mother died when I was... maybe around 8 years old? She had remarried before I was born, but iirc her husband wasn't really close with the family or anything (understandable, considering he would have joined it when her kids were well into their 30s/40s) so when she died, he just kinda. Not disappeared since I know he keeps in vague contact but I think he moved to the US or something lol.

My mom's mom died when I was about 13. I knew her a lot better than my dad's mom so I was pretty sad about that. However... all of my grandparents have always lived in a different province and I haven't actually lived close to them since age 6. So I've never been close with any of them. I used to visit every year, sometimes for up to a month in the summer, but I don't have the time/means to make it out there every year now. :/ I visited for my cousin's wedding over the summer and that was the first time I'd seen my grandfather at his place in years. He's getting too old to travel here now, too, since he just turned 90... so I do want to try to make it out there at least one more time... ><; He's doing well so I'm not super worried or anything but he has had a stroke once already before (while he was visiting my mom here which... is probably why he doesn't travel much anymore x_x) and he is pretty old now. I wish I lived closer but... I don't and I never have any intention of living around there so... :(

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I have one set of grandparents, the other pair I've never known. It makes talking about grandpa and grandma a lot easier, and gives us more than enough time to keep in contact. It's a shame I've never known my dad's parents, but it's hard to miss someone you've never met.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • The grandparents on both sides of the family are still alive, thankfully. I'm very close to my maternal grandfather, it's like he's my best friend. I don't see my stepfather's parents often, and I never knew my paternal father's parents.

Back