• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
What's the code for checking how much Pokemon you've caught?
because I'm making this event where you need to have at least 10 pokemon caught..
Ok thanks in advance

PoKéMaKeR

$Trainer.owned (Thats the number of pokemon caught, treat it like a variable)

I would assume it would be used like $Trainer.owned > 10

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
Look at the notes.html and townmap.txt in the pbs folder. All is explained there for the other regions.

sorry i guess i wasn't clear. I want 4 different town maps (not including island maps) but in the pokegear is there a way to switch between maps. i know how to call the maps but i want different ones. one for kanto one for johto ect.

Years
sorry i guess i wasn't clear. I want 4 different town maps (not including island maps) but in the pokegear is there a way to switch between maps. i know how to call the maps but i want different ones. one for kanto one for johto ect.

I dont see what u are asking... Are u asking if u can put new regions and so if the map images will show when u go into the pokegear (and the answer is yes, just look at townmap.txt wich contains all the regions with the maps and towns) or do u want to know if it would be possible for the player to see the region map he wants even if he is not in this region?

For this last question, the answer is yes, but u have to make your own script.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
What he wants is like in GSC. When you are in Kanto, the Kanto map is there, but when you are in Johto, the Johto map is there.

Years
I dont see what u are asking... Are u asking if u can put new regions and so if the map images will show when u go into the pokegear (and the answer is yes, just look at townmap.txt wich contains all the regions with the maps and towns) or do u want to know if it would be possible for the player to see the region map he wants even if he is not in this region?

For this last question, the answer is yes, but u have to make your own script.

Like I said in the first case, it's already done. If Im not wrong and according to the following part of the PokemonRegionMap script :

Spoiler:

the change of region map will be done automatically according to the area where the player is.
So if u have done your townmap.txt correctly, all should work fine...

But I can be wrong, but that's what I understood of this script at first glance.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Thanks, i'll try it now!
Hope it works :)
EDIT: No it doesn't work :( the starterkit gives an Array error
PoKéMaKeR

make a condition branch, and put this script as the condition:

$Trainer.pokedexOwned>2

change the 2 to whatever number is 1 less then the minimum for the trainer to have in order for the event to work. (for some reason, i found that you can only do equal to, more then, and less then, but you can't do equal to or greator then, less then or equal too, why? i have no idea. >.<)

I'm pretty sure its just pbRemovePokemon or pbDeletePokemon (One of the two, used pretty much the same way as pbAddPokemon(X,Y))

no >.< i tried, and it doesn't work (i tried a huge amount of combinations to, T-T) thanks though,

Does anyone know how to remove a pokemon?

also, can someone please explain to me what the difference between HeadbuttHigh and HeadbuttLow is? because what it says in the note.html about them, makes no sense to me. (what i mean is, when it talks about the density of the headbutt tree events, is it saying that high dencity is when 2 or more of the events are touching and low is when it's just one tree?

Last edited:

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
thankz i kinda needed that to. still cant mov in my game. but im able to move in the pokemon essentials demo thing. really wierd since all i did was edit off that. can anyone help cause there are no errors in the scripts cause i didnt edit those

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
thankz i kinda needed that to. still cant mov in my game. but im able to move in the pokemon essentials demo thing. really wierd since all i did was edit off that. can anyone help cause there are no errors in the scripts cause i didnt edit those

what do you mean "edit off that"?

also, for some reason, ever sence i upgraded the starterkit, it doesn't show the pokeballs next to the pokemon names if you own that species. why is this?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
just deleting maps, making my own maps, and adding events thats all i meant by editing

did you delete the intro map? because if you did, that's the problem. the intro map is needed, it has the initialize player event. without that event at the begining of the game, you will get an error every time you try to move.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
nope already read to leave the intro map there and i did. something is just wrong with the character movements for some reason. o well ill ask omega to test it later on saturday but thankz anyways. *goes to try and get it again*

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
nope already read to leave the intro map there and i did. something is just wrong with the character movements for some reason. o well ill ask omega to test it later on saturday but thankz anyways. *goes to try and get it again*

ok, when does the movement issues start?

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
Thanks, i'll try it now!
Hope it works :)
EDIT: No it doesn't work :( the starterkit gives an Array error
PoKéMaKeR

If the error is about converting from an array to something else, just change it to this:

$Trainer.owned.to_s.to_i >= 10

The .to_s converts it to a string, and the .to_i converts the string to an integer. For some reason you can't convert an array directly to an integer. (usually the error is something about converting an array to a fixnum)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
If the error is about converting from an array to something else, just change it to this:

$Trainer.owned.to_s.to_i >= 10

The .to_s converts it to a string, and the .to_i converts the string to an integer. For some reason you can't convert an array directly to an integer. (usually the error is something about converting an array to a fixnum)

i kind of already answered the problem...

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
make a condition branch, and put this script as the condition:

$Trainer.pokedexOwned>2

change the 2 to whatever number is 1 less then the minimum for the trainer to have in order for the event to work. (for some reason, i found that you can only do equal to, more then, and less then, but you can't do equal to or greator then, less then or equal too, why? i have no idea. >.<)

Yaoimutt, this works thanks!
:)

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
This is just a little question but what do I need to delete when making a new game? I already know about maps and encounter data because I redo them later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back