• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Earth Version [New Update: 25/01/2015]

What order should the first three gyms be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    screen_0_2_by_sera_hs-d88y9oe.png

*Please Excuse the WIP Titlescreen c:*
    Hack Name: Pokémon Earth Version
    ROM Base: Pokémon Fire Red

Intro:
    Hello, my name is .//hackzoroark//. or Fuxydia(as I like to know be known as). This is my second attempt at a hack, and I've been putting alot of effort into it, and I honestly hope that people like it. So, allow me to present Pokémon Earth Version.

Story:
    Welcome to the Region of Valor. A lovely region to the north of Johto.
    Home to many Pokémon from each region, many trainers venture here to see them all, and battle the many trainers, and gym leaders who reside here.
    The region has a lot of history behind it, from the after-math of Hoenn's incident of Groudon and Kryogre, both of those ancient Pokémon came to Valor
    and slumbered, but who knows if they're still resting, or waking up?

You are the player, a young child from Canter Hills, a small village in Valor. You wake up to find your application to become a Lab assistant from Professor Elm
    of New Bark City, has been denied. Your mother finds it odd, that you applied for a job which is miles south of where you live, when you have a Professor on your very door step.

Professor Luna, is the local Professor, who just happens to reside in Canter Hills. When approaching her about a job, she says that she would like help, and asks you to go to Newvale Post Office, and fetch her parcel.
    With that, she gives you a Pokémon, and a few Items to help you on your way, and you head off, to see what the Valor Region has to offer.

Features:
    - Gen VI Features
    Including Fairy Types, and various Moves/Effects.
    -Eevee evolves only from Stones now.
    Eevee will only evolve via stones now, evolutions below.
    Spoiler:

-16 Gym Leaders
    8 New original Gym Leaders, and the 8 from Johto.
    -Various Battle Facilities
    Old things like the Battle Tower, and the Trainer Hill, and Battle SIMs make a return.

Screenshots:
    screen_0_2_by_sera_hs-d8d2p52.png
    post_office_by_sera_hs-d8d5i1d.png
    screen_0_1_by_sera_hs-d8d2p55.png

dfjlsk_by_sera_hs-d8d5i1q.png
    screen_0_3_by_sera_hs-d8d2p50.png
    screen_0_4_by_sera_hs-d8d2p4w.png

battle_house_by_sera_hs-d8fcu3c.png
    town_2_by_sera_hs-d8fcu36.png
    town_by_sera_hs-d8fcu31.png

Support Userbars:
    support_by_sera_hs-d8burvf.png

Remove the *'s below to use.
    Code:
    [*IMG]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/364/7/b/support_by_sera_hs-d8burvf.png[/*IMG]
    Credits:
    Zeo54 : Tiles
    Varion Bluefire: Music Insertion
    Shiro: Music Composing
    Diegoisawesome: XSE tutorial + GBA intro Editor
    Doesn'tknowhowtoplay: Flag Help
    Josefig: Flag Help
    GogoTech: Flag Help
    Karatekid: Safe Vars and Flags Tutorial
    DawnRyder: Titlescreen Tutorial
    HolloRoxas: HP Boxes

Last edited:

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Hmm the story is cool and I like that new tree tiles, hope for some new animated tiles as well , good luck with completing it

KamikazeSSoH

Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi
    Years
  • I am Subscribing to this topic because i see ''Good Hack'' Everywhere!. it has a good
    story and looks simple and good. good luck!

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Best of Luck with the hack Like the Story YEah First to post

Thank you, and congratulations on being first to post, I guess.

Hmm the story is cool and I like that new tree tiles, hope for some new animated tiles as well , good luck with completing it

I'm planning on adding a few animated tiles when I get the time.
    Stuff like animated grass, flowers and such.

I am Subscribing to this topic because i see ''Good Hack'' Everywhere!. it has a good
    story and looks simple and good. good luck!

Aw, Thanks.

This looks like it's gonna be a great hack, the intro colors look good too :)
    I'd watch out with that region name, since it's the name of quartz's region..

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140605063931/fakepokemon/images/f/f1/Corna_map.png

My apologies, I wrote my story too quickly, and wrote Corna, instead of Coran, but don't worry, it's fixed.

OHHH MY GOSCH A EARTHQUAKE EVERYONE RUN FOR HIS LIFEEE AHHHHHH...What?It was just a tv prank?
    Good hack loow forward to it

It wasn't a prank.

Small grammatical error here: it should be "must have" (or, more accurately (at least with regards to the sound), "must've"), not "must of". I like the tiles you're using though, and the mapping looks decent!

Fixed.
    screen_0_8_by_sera_hs-d8960ya.png

This looks like it'll be a good hack! And will you add 4th-6th gen Pokemon?

Thanks. I'm not entirely sure on what generations will be in at the moment.

Been doing a bit more scripting today, mostly the Road Block for when you don't have a Pokémon.

screen_0_9_by_sera_hs-d896181.png
    screen_1_0_by_sera_hs-d8960y5.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    There's not too much to go on yet, as far as progress goes, but I always like the idea of Groudon game!
    I also like the tiles you used for the grass and the trees, and your mapping looks pretty nice.

I look forward to seeing where you take this! :)

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    There's not too much to go on yet, as far as progress goes, but I always like the idea of Groudon game!
    I also like the tiles you used for the grass and the trees, and your mapping looks pretty nice.

I look forward to seeing where you take this! :)

Thank you!

Woah, this looks really neat. Mapping looks great from what I can see. Anticipating release. :D

Thanks, releases are most likely going to be early/mid 2015.

Update:
    Just a couple of screen shots of the first Route.
    Route 50.
    screen_1_1_by_sera_hs-d89mxls.png
    screen_1_2_by_sera_hs-d89mxlm.png

screen_1_3_by_sera_hs-d89mxlj.png
    screen_1_4_by_sera_hs-d89mxlh.png

Also, if there are any member of Romhack.me, I've made a project page for my hack, link in my sig.

Years
  • Well,the hack looks very good so far! I'm glad that you didn't said something about increased difficulty...and i hope not ! :D
    You should add some legendaries,a few of them catchable before pokemon league. All great hacks has some legendaries.
    I wish you the best with this!!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    the maps look really nice and GameFreak-Like, unlike some others that go way too overboard. good luck with the hack!

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Well,the hack looks very good so far! I'm glad that you didn't said something about increased difficulty...and i hope not ! :D
    You should add some legendaries,a few of them catchable before pokemon league. All great hacks has some legendaries.
    I wish you the best with this!!!

There will be plenty of legendaries.

the maps look really nice and GameFreak-Like, unlike some others that go way too overboard. good luck with the hack!

I like to go for the GameFreak-like look. c:

Been doing some more scripts, introducing the "evil"(?) team?

4c14fb8cc523ef3479421f69eb6e965a_1024.png

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I like the storyline but im more about custom sprites i urge you to use them with protagonist and antagonist also grunt sprites they always make the game look more official :)

Years
  • Make some banners if you want.
    And sprite replace with something better should be a good idea. The original one is too....you know,DEFAULT ;)

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    I like the storyline but im more about custom sprites i urge you to use them with protagonist and antagonist also grunt sprites they always make the game look more official :)

I will use custom sprites eventually.
    I need to make them first.

hmm.. im just waiting this hack version u made up ! pokemon earth huh ..keep it up and goodluck .

Uhh, thank, i guess?

Make some banners if you want.
    And sprite replace with something better should be a good idea. The original one is too....you know,DEFAULT ;)

Like I said above, I'll use custom sprites, once made.

Updates:
    I've been working on the prof's lab, and starter pokemon.
    screen_1_8_by_sera_hs-d89z6xz.png
    screen_1_9_by_sera_hs-d89z6xv.png

screen_2_0_by_sera_hs-d89z6xu.png
    screen_1_7_by_sera_hs-d89z6y4.png

- Johto Starters.
    - The Prof's lab will contain the Fossil Revival Lab.
    - I've removed Gender Choice, and Rival Naming.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back