• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Earth Version [New Update: 25/01/2015]

What order should the first three gyms be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Update:A small step backwards

I've been going through the ROM I was using for Earth, and realised how rushed it all was, and how buggy and terrible my scripts were.
    So, basically, I've started again, and I like what I'm doing, and I'm taking it nice and slow, and making better progress, and more appealing screenshots.
    As seen below:
    Pokémon Earth Version [New Update: 25/01/2015]

I've also changed the story, while it's still about Team Gaia, and Groudon, the start of the story is different.
    Instead of just randomly getting a pokedex from oak.
    You've applied for a job at Prof. Elm's Lab, but unfortunately you're denied the job, since you live miles north of johto, and someone else applied closer to you, seeing you down, from the rejection, your mum suggests you try applying with Prof. Luna, a new local professor, with no workers currently.
    You can probably get the gist of what happens onwards, if not, you'll have to wait for more screens, or a release.

Years
  • Even though never post in this thread, I'm still stalking observing it, and it does looks good!! ^^

Good luck! I hope we can have an alpha/demo/beta, soon!

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
    Years
  • This is the first time I have seriously looked at everything in this thread and I have to say I am excited to see you finish this hack. Keep up the work, and I hope to see some kind of update soon considering its been 10 days since the last post.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Even though never post in this thread, I'm still stalking observing it, and it does looks good!! ^^

Good luck! I hope we can have an alpha/demo/beta, soon!

This is the first time I have seriously looked at everything in this thread and I have to say I am excited to see you finish this hack. Keep up the work, and I hope to see some kind of update soon considering its been 10 days since the last post.

Haha, nice to know people regularly check here from time to time.
    It's also nice to see the support banner in sigs. ~

But, I've not stopped working on this, but currently I am ill, and in Hospital, so I can't work on anything currently.
    But, before I got ill I finished Mapping and Scripting the First Town, and the First Route.
    Slow, but steady progress like I said earlier in the month.

I'm taking everything slow this time round, to ensure quality.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Haha, nice to know people regularly check here from time to time.

But, I've not stopped working on this, but currently I am ill, and in Hospital, so I can't work on anything currently.
    But, before I got ill I finished Mapping and Scripting the First Town, and the First Route.

Hope you get better! And take it easy! You don't want too much stress over a Pokemon hack.

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
    Years
  • Haha, nice to know people regularly check here from time to time.

I get it man, I just spent 3 months in the hospital with intestinal surgery. Things are rough, take it slow. Hope you feel better and keep up the good work.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I love the fact that you're using the default Fire Red style and most of your custom tiles look great with it (I don't think the Emerald battle tent/house matches with the style). You seem to be working at a fast pace with frequent updates, and I like that.

However, in your latest screenshots, the maps look too cramped, though the layout is nice. Try making the paths wider and leaving more empty space around the map, that should help. :)

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    I love the fact that you're using the default Fire Red style and most of your custom tiles look great with it (I don't think the Emerald battle tent/house matches with the style). You seem to be working at a fast pace with frequent updates, and I like that.

However, in your latest screenshots, the maps look too cramped, though the layout is nice. Try making the paths wider and leaving more empty space around the map, that should help. :)

Thanks, hearing from you is a great thing for me, I totally adore your hack, since it uses Default FR Style, like many hacks I love.

The battle tent is a WIP i suppose, just until I can make something as good as, or better.

Small preview of the Post Office.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Unfortunately, I've lost my knack for this.

I posted this on RHM a few days back.

Fuxydia on RHM said:
    I'm considering going over Earth again.

Changing the story mainly, so to speak.
    Changing the story to the point where it wouldn't be called "Earth" anymore.

I'll be honest, my story with Groudon was only caused from the hype of ORAS, and that's a past thing in my life now, The story to Earth that I've written it, seems like a piece of poo.

The story I have planned requires two hacks to do, like a connected story. One of them in my own region, the other in Johto. (I've always wanted to do a hack in Johto), and also linked to Team Rocket, my own version of Team Rocket, not anything related to the official canon, don't want to mess with official things.

So, long story short.

Probably not going to update Earth soon, or at all "while it's known as Earth".
    Gonna work on changing everything.

So, I'm going to get a moderator to close this thread, and hopefully and eventually I'll be returning with this "Johto-Themed" Hack, and It'll be the hack I want to make, and something I'll be enjoying.

See ya, Bill ~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back