• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbon

The Queen of Shinx
Years
Wonder trade is so addicting. Lol.

I mostly give away the lvl.1 breeded pokemon that I won't be using anymore (most with a few perfect IVs and good natures), like Shinx. This was especially fun to do in the beginning, when nobody was at Safari yet. People would always be happy afterwards. Haha. :D

It feels good to make somebody else happy.

The best I got was a female Japanese Eevee, which is pretty damn good.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
I've gotten a bunch of Japanese Dittos, although I already had one so I didn't need them. I once traded a Flabébé and got a Froakie in return. I traded over another Flabébé and while what I got in return wasn't very special I did get a Snorlax. I find the idea of trading a light Pokemon for a heavy Pokemon hilarious. I got a level 1 Torchic and a level 1 Japanese Amaura, which was useful since I chose Tyrunt instead of Amaura. I got an Omanyte off of a person who I swear I've seen a video of on Youtube. Small world. I've gotten a Japanese Aerodactyl, which saves me having to look for one myself. A Japanese Noibat, a Larvitar (I have X version so this is helpful), a Liepard (not a very useful Pokemon but again a Y exclusive). And finally I got a Gurdurr which evolved into Conkeldurr straight away because of trading.

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
I've been handing out pokemon with Pokerus, mostly Bunnelby's and Fletchlings

But I got a Japanese Ralts, and a Japanese Froakie which was nice

Redingard

The Rider Breeds Pokemon
Years
I've gotten mostly crap from Wonder Trade, and have given even more back. However, I have gotten quite the diamonds in the rough. An Adamant Charmeleon, Docile Anorith, A Hasty Froakie with Protean, and a Naive Riolu. Also got a Pikachu, but meh.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I've been handing out pokemon with Pokerus, mostly Bunnelby's and Fletchlings

But I got a Japanese Ralts, and a Japanese Froakie which was nice
I also got a Japanese Froakie. I have a Japanese Fennekin too, but Fennekin was my starter so I've left it in my "undecided" group. I may eventually train it and see who has better stats, but both are male so there's otherwise no point except for possible Shiny breeding.

I have Pokémon I have not even pulled out yet as I haven't reached their in-game location. I will use the ones from trade for the enhanced experience gain, of course, but am waiting until I first encounter them (as if I caught them myself). I'm making an exception for a Victory Road catch I received; I'm not using that one until I get to its level regardless of when I first encounter it. I've made another exception for Gothitelle, which I acquired from a Lv.1 Gothita I received in a GTS trade (not knowing it and Solosis are not exclusives like in B/W/B2/W2 and are actually in different areas now).

Naxus_Darkstar

Team Warlock!!!!
Years
I've gotten all of the available starters, a shiny male combee, a couple of trade evolutions like haunter and then a bunch of random stuff, lots of it is foreign. The neat part is even if you get rubbish bunnelbys and stuff it still adds another OT to your boxes and increases your chances of winning it big at the lotto.

Years
This might be mean, but I clean out any crap I get back. If it has crap nature and nothing interesting like all the bunelbys, burmys, ect.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
I'm enjoying Wonder Trade. Haven't done it much, but here are the results so far.

Linoone - Noibat
Ponyta - Lunatone
Lunatone - Pansage
Pansage - Pansear (I'm detecting a theme)
Pansear - Shuckle

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Wonder Trading has become my latest obsession. I literally spent almost two hours this morning just wonder trading. The best thing I got though was a Japanese Froakie of a Modest nature with its hidden ability, Protean.

Probably my favorite thing about wonder trading though is it makes the difficulty of getting a Pokémon with a certain nature much easier than breeding for one on your own. I can't count how many Pokémon I've been lucky enough to receive with just the right nature, good Pokémon too!

Ig Pokemon Lover

The Mighty Scizor
Years
It makes me laugh when i get ones through it with nicknames. Like last night i didBunnelby through it and got a Exeggcute named Juggle my eggs.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I took gambles with Wonder Trade on a few occasions. I can't really be bothered to remember what I traded away, but notable Pokemon I got are Noibat, Snover, Phanpy, a Japanese Marill and a Japanese Charmander.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Most notable ones I got have been Starly with perfect IV's in attack and Speed...not sure who gave it away, with a speed boasting nature too...

Also a japanese Helioptile.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 25, 2013
I love the wonder trade. I think I've put up about 60 baby eevees on there lol.

Best things i've gotten in return would probably be a shiny panpour, and various japanese pokes like gengar, rotom, froakie (protean) and ditto.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love Wonder Trade. I try to only send out interesting things over it, so the fossil Pokemon, starters, Pokemon with Hidden abilities, hard to find Pokemon (Carbink, Noibat), foreign Pokemon (that I received but don't need), and trade evolutions...that's what I'm always sending out. I don't mind getting lame stuff if I don't already have it (got a Zigzagoon yesterday and jumped around cause I didn't have it and I really like Zigzagoon lol).

I've gotten some good stuff through it though! Adamant Mawile, Gengar, Pumpkaboo, Trevenant, Protean Froakie, Zigzagoon...probably other stuff, I just can't think, lol.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 31, 2013
Huh. My experiences have been primarily positive. Some things I've gotten are a gourgeist, froakie, some ice thingy I can't recall off the top of my head. In related news, I traded out a skunky called "ban the buny" in reference to the common trades. I hope it gets the message out (it won't, but we can always dream)

Pinta77

The wonder trade is a fantastic idea. Probably the best pokemon i got was a female dratini that is now a dragonite in my party. I also got a few froakies, a torchic, a charmander.

Here's my 2 cents. If you have some ok pokemon from breeding or whatever, why not share them with the world if you can afford too? Maybe you'll get something neat in return, or maybe you'll get a zigzagoon. But there are some people who offer up interesting things on the wonder trade so I like it. Just remember... karma.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
When I started the game I put up cruddy pokemon and got some decent ones back. Now that I am at the end of the game and breeding a lot I've got a bunch of nice pokemon so I go and trade out ones I bred through. Nice pokemon are more fun to have at the beginning of the game I think so its nice to think you're giving people a pokemon that they're going to love.

Years
The list of cool stuff I got from wonder trading is pretty extensive.. of note though..

Froakie with Protean, the big blue girly dinosaur (took Tyrunt so that was cool), Beldum, a Zoroark with Pokerus (I mostly use super training, so this is a bit of a waste on me.. but it's cool none the less if I decide to do things traditional down the line) .. I sometimes come across some interesting things like someone wondertraded out their in game starting Froakie with a stupid nickname like Bob ftw or something like that. I felt kind of sorry for it, so I let it stay.. and that big blue girly dinosaur participated in someone's play through taking down the Elite 4.. and its leveled to match it.

I dunno.. I get nostalgic about the guys that were with me since the begining of the game.. with their crummy natures and erratic evs. I don't think I could ever throw out my original team, just retire them from active duty.. haha

I try not to just use wonder trades as just a dumping ground.. so on occasion if I'm bored and feeling generous I usually use one of my many breeding dittos, grab a cool poke people like and give it a good nature to match and just make it rain all up in there.

Last edited:
Years
I've been catching some of the more rare friend safari pokemon and sending them out the last couple of days, before that I was sending out some of the starters that I'd been breeding and some eevees and zoruas with egg moves.
can't really think what exactly I've gotten in return that's good...except a japanese riolu...there were a few others but I can't think what they were....

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Oct 31, 2013
It seems to me but I wonder trade and always get a froakie... Is this the Bidoof of the new gen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back