• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2014
    I've gotten 2 Charmanders, 2 Croakies, 1 Fennekin, a truck load of Eevee's, an Abra ect ect. I've used it almost a hundred times now and I find it highly addictive. Plus, with Global Link, I can get 4 rare candies for every 1000 pokemiles. 10 minutes of Wonder Trade usually gets me around 1500 pokemiles so it's a great way to level up Pokemon quicker once they've been EV maxed.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    I haven't got much good that I kept. Lotta fun though. Gonna put a bunch of Spheal on there later, which may or may not be a dick move.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    Traded scatterbug and got a ditto with flawless IV on Sp.Atk and Sp.Def

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Sorry if this is off-topic, but:

Bulbagarden Facebook page said:
    Just to pass along a warning to those who wonder trade. Due to people trying to wonder trade off hacked pokemon, they will appear as "Bad Eggs". They cannot be traded or released, and they will multiply until it fills all of your boxes. This will also delete any of your pokemon that are stored in your boxes as it will replace them with bad eggs. Trade at your own risk!

Bulbagarden Facebook page said:
    Okay, just to follow up on our previous post about the "Mystery Egg" issue, here's what we know at this point.

The earliest report we have of the Mystery Egg glitch is from a player who posted a video to Youtube shortly after the games were released. This video can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjsySmLeBS0

At this point in time, it is not clear exactly how these eggs appear in your game. While there have been some people recently warning people about the potential of receiving these eggs via Trading and Wonder Trade (most notably, suggesting that hacked Pokémon traded via Wonder Trade may appear as these eggs on the receiving end), we cannot at this stage actually confirm that this has occured. It may be that this is simply an unfortunate glitch like the Lumiose City save glitch. If so, we hope that Nintendo and Game Freak will issue a patch to rectify this issue now that more people are becoming aware of it.

To sum up, there have been reports of people trading hacked Pokemon, which turn into Bad Eggs upon arriving at the receiving person's game. They can potentially harm the game by turning all the Pokemon in the box into Bad Eggs, forcing a restart. (note: unconfirmed, but better be safe than sorry)

I may have to hold off Wonder Trading for a while because of this.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    You have now made me scared to use Wonder Trade. Great. I hope Nintendo can in the future find a way to block them at the sending end so they don't ruin our games, or for Nintendo to create a fix that finds and deletes them.

On the one hand, once discovered, you can quickly send your Pokémon to the Pokémon Bank (once open) to save them. The downside is you have lost all progress in the game and perhaps even all your PokéMiles since the game sync ID, I'm guessing, would reset with the game. But at least you can get your Pokémon out of there and just breed to recover your Pokédex in the new run, though having to reobtain PokéMiles and start over completely would be a pain.

What is the frequency with hacked Pokémon getting through?

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2017
    That is just terrible.
    I have used Wonder Trades multiple times and even got some good exchanges. Knowing this, I fear I may not use Wonder Trade for some time.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • That is just terrible.
    I have used Wonder Trades multiple times and even got some good exchanges. Knowing this, I fear I may not use Wonder Trade for some time.

Take note that what I said is unconfirmed. I was on Tumblr and I found a post that may debunk the rumor. I can't post the entire post for PC reasons, but here's the most important part of it:
    The Bad Eggs are NOT caused by some hacker failing to successfully pass through the PSS encryption. The glitches are caused by bad error handling in the Wonder Trade legit checker.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    So it sounds like a patchable condition if I read that right PlatinumDude

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    I have gotten a few starters and Evees already. I'm loving this wonder trade feature!

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • I traded Gen 1 & 6 starters, holding stones. Here are the results.

So for this little experiment I got 5 Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie. Bulbasaur and Chespin were holding Leaf Stones, Charmander and Fennekin were holding Fire Stones, and Squirtle and Froakie were holding Water Stones. All of these pokemon were level 1. The aim of this is to break/strengthen the myth that most of the Pokemon on the wonder trade are generally bad and figure out what kind of Pokemon are being traded at the moment.

Key:

Pokemon | Nickname (If Any) | Level | Ability | Gender | Nature | OT

Bulbasaur Results:
    Ledyba | N/A | 7 | Early Bird | Male | Rash | Michu
    Bidoof | N/A | 1 | Unaware | Male | Calm | Kisa
    Eevee | イーブイ | 1 | Adaptability | Female | Mild | りユウ
    Amaura | N/A | 1 | Refrigerate | Male | Hasty | Sevren
    Riolu | N/A | 6 | Steadfast | Male | Gentle | Kaiser Kyo

Charmander Results:
    Ralts | N/A | 1 | Synchronize | Male | Timid | Argente
    Klefki | N/A | 1 | Prankster | Female | Impish | Larpington
    Surskit | アメタマ | 1 | Swift Swim | Female | Timid | ユウキ
    Froakie | N/A | 1 | Protean | Male | Timid | Jacky
    Fletchling | N/A | 1 | Big Pecks | Male | Hasty | Jose

Squirtle Results:
    Skiddo | Mazyuna | 10 | Sap Sipper | Female | Modest | Abdulla
    Azurill | Azu | 5 | Huge Power | Male | Gentle | Crystal
    Illumise | N/A | 13 | Oblivious | Female | Naive | Rosalin
    Bidoof | Bidiza | 6 | Unaware | Female | Hardy | Sandra
    Murkrow | Sam is sweet | 21 | Super Luck | Female | Lax | Antulio

Chespin Results:
    Fletchling | Passerouge | 3 | Big Pecks | Male | Mild | GILDAS
    Noibat | N/A | 1 | Infiltrator | Male | Timid | Refat
    Fletchling | N/A | 1 | Gale Wings | Female | Adamant | Nin
    Shroomish | Shr5 | 1 | Poison Heal | Male | Jolly | Hitagi
    Illumise | N/A | 13 | Oblivious | Female | Gentle | Derek

Fennekin Results:
    Aron | N/A | 1 | Rock Head | Male | Adamant | Bruno
    Meditite | N/A | 15 | Pure Power | Male | Relaxed | Isabella
    Litwick | N/A | 38 | Flash Fire | Female | Modest | Dogma
    Kakuna | Spindle | 4 | Shed Skin | Male | Jolly | Effing
    Corsola | サニーゴ | 30 | Natural Cure | Female | Timid | オクマ

Froakie Results:
    Sigilyph | N/A | 26 | Wonder Skin | Female | Naughty | Klaus
    Mareep | N/A | 13 | Static | Male | Gentle | Aislin
    Honedge | ヒトツキ | 1 | No Guard | Male | Naive | とものつ
    Azurill | N/A | 6 | Thick Fat | Female | Quiet | Brayden
    Flabébé | フラベベ | 1 | Flower Veil | Female | Calm | りもむし

NOTE: No Pokemon I received were holding items.

These results fascinate me. They aren't all good pokemon, I especially liked the Amaura, but it's not 99% Luvdisc or Fetchling either. Looking at the results of this test alone, this is what I have learned about the Wonder Trade:
    - The Wonder Trade has diverse Pokemon.
    - Most Pokemon are leveled 1, the average Pokemon level (Out of the Pokemon I received) is 8.
    - Users of the Wonder Trade usually do not equip items to their Pokemon.
    - Almost half of the Pokemon (Out of the Pokemon I received, anyway), had been bred from the Daycare (14 Pokemon), but only one Pokemon was from the Friend Safari.

Of course, this is not always how the wonder trades will be, but I think it's a good indication of what you will receive, but it relies on User Input. It basically means that all the Pokemon in the Wonder Trade is up to the Traders. This list will not always be up to date with current trends in trading, either, so please take note of that.

Most received pokemon:
    • Fletchling (3 Times)

• Bidoof, Azurill and Illumise (2 Times)

• Everything Else (1 Time)

What do you guys think? Discuss!

Last edited:

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • So, what is this supposed to even be an experiment of?

Oops, I doesn't look like I made that clear enough :< It's an experiment of the pokemon received off the wonder trade, to see if they really are all that bad.

Pr3

Years
  • I believe a lot of people put their excess IV trained/bred pokemon in the wonder trade - hence the lv1s. Some of those foreign pokemon might be perfect for MM/Iv training. One mans trash is another mans treasure.

Years
  • I've got some pretty good stuff from wonder trades.. but rarely. So far I've got a Protean Froakie, A prankster Murkrow, a Zoroark with Pokerus, Amaura (took Tyrunt) of note. I don't think adding items or nicknames boosts your chances of getting anything good out of it, it's like gabbling.. you put in 5 bucks, you might come out with 100 or vice versa. I certainly don't expect anything great to come out of it, but I'm sometimes surprised.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2013
    it's just fun anyways, especially start of your journey since you wouldn't really know which pokemon you'll get. the cutest thing i ever got was pichu ^^
    some people like always like to make wonder trade a good trading option in the game by trading extra pokemon i catch or hatch when trying to breed. i mean, who wouldn't get surprised with adamant beldums? :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2014
    I wonder trade all the pokemon I breed that aren't perfect , I wonder traded over 100 eevees,Larvesta,Gible,Abra,Gastly , and i received mostly crap lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I received a couple of good ones, I love wonder trade , no need to harvest the gts for tradeable pokemon or to be refused by serious traders on tradeing.

Years
  • I believe a lot of people put their excess IV trained/bred pokemon in the wonder trade - hence the lv1s. Some of those foreign pokemon might be perfect for MM/Iv training. One mans trash is another mans treasure.

Pretty much this. One reason why Wonder Trade is a wonderful little thing.

Oops, I doesn't look like I made that clear enough :< It's an experiment of the pokemon received off the wonder trade, to see if they really are all that bad.

If that's the case, what was the point in picking specific Pokemon at specific level holding evolutionary stones? Was it just out of consideration for people who were going to receive your Pokemon? (I might have answered myself there)

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    I traded a Lunatone yesterday and got a level 1 Scyther with adamant nature and max hp, attack and speed IVs. Pretty happy with it, lol.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • I've been really lucky with Wonder Trade lately. Got a Protean Froakie and a Volt Tackle Pichu. I will never stop Wonder Trading.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back