• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is your favorite Pokémon your favorite Pokémon?

Years
  • 1. Milotic - I tend to like pokemon that are either regal or elegant. Milotic embodies both of them. However, after Poppmaid is revealed there is a good chance that Milotic could be dethroned.

Followed by:
    2. Lilligant
    3. Rapidash
    4. Vespiquen
    5. Pyroar
    6. Serperior
    7. Samurott
    8. Liepard
    9. Leavanny
    10. Roserade/Aurorus

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Swellow is my favourite. There's something about Swellow that stands out to me from not only other Flying-types, but every other Pokemon. I love the design, colouring, and it can be really useful competitively too if set up right! Weavile is another Pokemon that springs to mind when picking favourites. I think it looks extremely badass which is perfectly suit to its Dark typing. Not only that, but it is arguably one of the best Ice-types in existence imo.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I like a lot of Pokemon. I think it's because of their designs that I choose them, and because of how well they perform in game that I like them. There are a few that are exceptions, but hmm. I don't think I really have ONE favorite. It changes so often. I really like Dragonite now, though.

Years
  • Magneton is my favorite :t082:

I like it's typing specifically (I wish they'ed give it back Levitate as an ability now that it doesn't resist Dark type moves). I like Tri-Attack and the lore behind it. I may not use it often, but I sure cherish it. Unfortunately, Magnezone exists and is the worst thing to Possibly ever happen to a Pokemon. They couldn't have made a baby Pokemon instead?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Magneton is my favorite :t082:

I like it's typing specifically (I wish they'ed give it back Levitate as an ability now that it doesn't resist Dark type moves). I like Tri-Attack and the lore behind it. I may not use it often, but I sure cherish it. Unfortunately, Magnezone exists and is the worst thing to Possibly ever happen to a Pokemon. They couldn't have made a baby Pokemon instead?
    I hope I'm not bursting your bubble when I say, Magneton has never had Levitate. I agree with you that it really should have Levitate... but sadly it never has. Magneton is still a really powerful pokemon though!

Years
  • Really? I could have sworn... hmm. Oh well. Guess I have to waste a slot on Magnet Rise. If there is one that deserves levitate it's Magneton and it's family.

Years
  • My favorite Pokemon (plural) are my favorites because they represent different aspects of my life, and when put all together, they equal who I am in the real world.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2016
    My favourite Pokémon has changed like ... a lot over the last ten years of playing Pokémon. ;)

I remember that I just loved the Luxray line as soon as I saw it. It starts out really cute and then becomes as cool as it gets! Also electric used to be my favourite type because as a kid I loved Pokémon who looked cool, moved fast and hit hard.
    Second favourite Pokémon of that time has to be Arcanine. I always wanted to have a dog and what could be better than a giant fuzzy fire dog? Also I used to imagine Arcanine and Luxray as a great couple with a more patient and caring male and an overall badass female. Not to mention the cute puppies. :3
    (As a kid I didn't know that Pokémon are always their mothers species so I imagined a mixed litter of Shinx and Growlithe.)

But, as I said, things changed quite a bit. Although I still love Pokémon mentioned above, steel became my new favorite type, basically because I love the idea of resisting almost everything and not getting a scratch. Second favorite is ice, which is like the complete opposite and very fragile. Although there are a lot of great steel type Pokémon that I really like, Sneasel and it's evolution happened to really grow on me. I don't know exactly why, it just happened. ;)

And now there's .... (drum roll) ... Togedemaru! I ... I ... love it. It's simply perfect. It's like the signature Pokémon I've always waited for. Togedemaru is "my" Pokémon for so many reasons:
    1. Electric/Steel. I know we've had this combination before but it was usually something technical like Magneton and I'm not interested in or fascinated by machines in any way. Seeing it on an actual furry, animal-like Pokèmon makes my heart skip a beat.
    2. Color. Grey is actually my favourite color and I really like the combination of grey and yellow and white. Brown doesn't harm neither.
    3. It's small, round and cute. As I said, I love cool looking Pokémon but my signature Pokémon just has to be something you can hold in your arms and carry around. And it has to be cute as I am seemingly a particularly cute looking and acting guy and I'm not ashamed of it. ;)
    I also love the thought of Togedemaru just rolling around, then stopping by using the pins in its fur and unleashing a cool and powerful electric attack while also being able to take some hits thanks to its secondary type.
    3. Pikachu. Obviously, Togedemaru is a Pikachuclone. And that's fine by me. I actually love it. When I think of Pikachu I think of a cheerish Pokémon that never gives up and makes for a great friend and companion. Having my own version of it with my favourite type added is a dream come true. :)

There a lot more, more subtle reasons I love Togedemaru but these might be the biggest ones. ;)

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • Whimsicott is my favorite Pokemon. When I first saw the leaks from the games, I fell in love with it and needed it on my team. Unfortunately, I had White first. But I cried tears of joy when I found out I can trade one in the game. It actually ended up being the MVP in my team and the first Pokemon I leveled up to 100. It's cute, fluffy, and annoying to play against. Everything I love.

I also love that it got the Fairy typing in Gen VI. <3

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Once upon a time, there was a boy and his Dunsparce. The boy noticed similarities between Dunsparce and the following Pokémon in the 'dex, Gligar. Both Pokémon had fangs, wings, and stingers. Not having the Internet to know any better, the boy assumed they were related and raised his Dunsparce for a long time. The boy's Dunsparce never evolved...

Many years later, the boy -- now in his late teens -- was playing Pearl Version. The boy had been fascinated with Shiny Pokémon ever since he found a Shiny Golbat as a child and not long ago had he heard of an easier method to find these alternate-colored prizes. He had attempted this "chaining" before, but to no avail. However, this Christmas afternoon, the boy decided to check what Pokémon were swarming.

Dunsparce.

The memories came flooding back. The boy knew that he wanted to chain this nostalgic Pokémon, determined to get a Shiny. The boy rushed to Route 208, not even thinking to stop for Repels. Menu, Bag, Key Items, Poké Radar. The hunt began.

After a mere 14 encounters, the fabled "shiny patch" glittered. Crossing his fingers in hope that nothing would get in the way of this encounter, the boy cautiously approached the patch. A pink-bellied bee-snake appeared on screen with a sparkle. The boy caught the Shiny Dunsparce after excitedly hurling a few Poké Balls. The boy named named him Noko (a nod to Dunsparce's origin).

It wouldn't be long until HeartGold and SoulSilver, remakes of the boy's favorite Generation, would be released, so he opted not to train Noko until then. When that time finally arrived, Noko replaced the boy's Starter and followed close behind throughout their journey. Along their way, Noko even learned Headbutt from a move tutor to utilize his para-flinching capabilities.

To this day, Noko the Shiny Dunsparce remains this boy's man's signature Pokémon and they're looking forward to exploring the Alola region together!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2018
    Gardevoir is my favorite pokemon. I was really excited when it got a mega evolution and when I found out its shiny color scheme changed when it mega evolves I immediately went to breed one which took about two weeks. An aspect I love about Gardevoir is its elegant appearance as well as its pokedex entries which all center around loyalty to its trainer and black holes. I really wish they'd give Gardevoir a black hole move to coincide with its pokedex entry.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    I will talk about my top 3 favorites. Delphox, Latias and Serperior.

Delphox is my favorite because: Derp. It's a fox! And although not the most powerful, it's been good use to me both in-game and competively! Also, it was my second ever starter, and I have good memories of it from X.

️️Serperior is my favorite because: very simply, it was my very first starter and holds nostalgic value to me.

Latias is my favorite because: it's cute, and the movie it starred in made me fall in love! I chose AlphaSapphire instead of OmegaRuby just to have this baby on my team, and guess what? It's amazing in battles! My Mega Latias is an absolute monster! How beautiful :,)

️Lucario, too. Loved it's movie, and it's an amazing battler. And Mew, I loved both of its movies.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Garchomp is my favourite Pokémon, mainly because when I first saw it I was just amazed at how awesome it looked. This thing to me was like a Red/Blue players first witness of a Charizard all over again. I loved this guy probably before it went uber.

My second favourite, Raikou, is also a very sentimental Pokémon to me.

novafire91

I love my family!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Ohio
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I like Celebi the most because it is associated with the forest, and has Psychic powers.

Last edited:

Jooys2001

Marigold
    Years
  • which pokemon do you like most?

I love machu(in vega version), and pikachamp(in emerald memory version which has been made by korean), in official version, greninja is the best.

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Despite the fact that I have a specific Pokeyman as my avatar, I don't really have a "favorite" per se. It's just this big list of favorites that all kinda swap around for top spot.

Some of them include Milotic, Eelektross, Volcarona, Diancie, Togekiss, Ditto, and Lanturn.

Back