• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is your favorite Pokémon your favorite Pokémon?

Years
    I love machu(in vega version), and pikachamp(in emerald memory version which has been made by korean), in official version, greninja is the best.
    Hey Jooys, just letting you know that we've already got a thread discussing members' favorite Pokemon, so I'm going to merge this thread over there so we can keep the discussion in one place!

MOVED.

Years
    Since I'm new here I thought I would start out simple and ask. What is you favorite Pokemon? My is umbreon.
    Hi there Greenjelly, and welcome to PC! We've actually got a topic going on right now asking people about their favorite Pokemon, and since it's only a few days old, I'm going to move this over there. Great choice with Umbreon, though- easily in my top 5-10 favorite Pokemon!

MERGED.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
    Obviously you can tell I'm a Cloyster fan, but I can't explain why I became a Cloyster fan. I think it started when I saw Shellder for the first time in the anime, and fell in love. From then on, I wanted Shellder and Cloyster in the games. I also love using Cloyster in Pokemon Showdown, but I can't tell you how I use him.

Years
    Now everyone here knows Oshawott is my mascot Pokemon, but if you're wondering how it became my fave, well it was a simple story. I loved it the best of the three Unova starters when they were first revealed, but it was hearing its adorable voice in the anime that sealed the deal for me.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Wow I have a lot of favourite Pokemon, and sometimes I even forget about some of them, pops up again and I remember I actually love them!

But, my top favourite has to be Vulpix! I've loved how cute they were since RBY, and I was disappointed Ash did not get a Vulpix but Brock (Meh I wonder why every 90 kids think Ash was awesome back then), Ninetales was so elegant. I remember I exchanged all my money for Pokecoins to buy and filled my storage boxes with Vulpixs in Pokemon Yellow!

And well, now that Vulpix has an Alolan form. Like wow. WOW. More elegant.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
    You know who my favorite pokemon is, it's obvious.
    Mostly 'cos he's got an amazing design, strong in battle, and just all around awesome.

Amaris

Ghost Fanatic ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2019
    My absolute favorite Pokemon would have to be Gengar!

To me, he's always just held the bigger nostalgic value to me. I love ghost pokemon, and have teams dedicated to just that one typing (of course, during earlier gens, it was a bit more difficult.) but he's always stood out the most to me as ever since the start of the show/game/franchise in general, I've always had quite the love for him and his design for what it was. He was the first Pokemon that I've, in a sense, fallen for.

The TV show came out, and who was shown in the start? Gengar, if for a short time in battle, and the opening of the older games, Gengar. He was always the face of Pokemon for me, and I've always wanted to have one of my own. I remember catching my first Gastly and eventually, through some work, it became a Gengar. My first Gengar. And the rest is history!

Ever since then, I've always prioritized catching a Gastly first thing in any game. He was something of a partner to me since the beginning and he continues to be as such now. I have deep affection for all of the ghost pokemon, both old and new, but Gengar has always been the top in my eyes!

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2016
    My favorite Pokemon of all time and will forever be is Snorlax. The reasoning is because back in Gen 1 there were a lot of cool looking Pokemon to me like Alakazam, Machamp, and Gengar to name a few, but there was one that stuck out to me and it was Snorlax. Snorlax also has a personal attachment to me, because I have been a heavy set guy and seeing Snorlax and soon realizing how great he was made me feel better because there was a heavy Pokemon who hardly did anything, but could 6-0 teams easily. So from gen 1 to now Snorlax is and will forever be my favorite.

My other favorites include Gardevoir and Gothitelle, these are tied because I love their design and I see them as sisters, Wailord, because whales are my favorite animals in real life, and Ursaring, Beartic, and Pangoro, We Bare Bears enough said.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
    Umbreon was my favorite Pokémon for many years, but when Gen 6 came around, Fennekin replaced him to take the crown. I had wanted to see a fennec fox Pokémon for a long time, but I always thought it would be in the form of a Ground-type Eeveelution. I never would've guessed it would be a starter Pokémon, let alone a Fire-type, but I'm not complaining! I hardly ever choose the Fire starter, with the only other Fire starter I ever picked being Cyndaquil. Despite that, I was on #TeamFennekin since day one, and I eventually chose it as my starter in Pokémon X. I never regretted that decision! It was easily my strongest Pokémon, sweeping through the gyms like nobody's business and never letting me down!

Fennekin was also the very first Pokémon I ever IV bred. In the past, I had never bothered with it before because I found it too time consuming and I didn't have the time. However, with the changes made to the breeding mechanics in Gen 6, I figured now was a better time than any to try it. A few days later, I hatched a female, Timid Fennekin with 5IVs (perfect IVS in everything, except Attack) and I couldn't have been happier! I still have the Delphox that she became to this day, perfectly EV trained and ready for battle!

I love both of its evolutions, but Fennekin is my favorite of the three! It's adorable, strong, and fully restored my faith in Fire starters. I love this Pokémon so much!

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    Squirtle is my favorite of the original 150. It has an attitude and edge but is also very loyal and it's just a cool Pokemon. Snorlax and Psyduck are close seconds.

For later ones, Spoink. I love the Spoink episodes in AG because it's so funny how it puts any round object or Pokemon and then later whatever Pokemon it happens to see on its head when it loses its pearl. I love too how it bounces around and it's just cute.

Back