• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
Years
  • this may sound dumb but I'm breeding a German and Japanese salamence in my us version of X i know at least one has to be foreign but will this still drop the rate down if they are both from a diff version?

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Everstone works with Masudo Method. I got a Shiny Tyrunt with the father holding the Everstone. It was egg number 40. I'm currently breeding Fletchling for a Shiny, at 153. The poodle Pokemon is next.

Whoever said they are getting 4 eggs every 10 minutes is having having problems. I get 4-5 every 3 minutes. I time it by how long my Hatching O-Power lasts. I don't have the charm for completing the Kalos Pokedex yet either. The charm increases the egg rate for anybody that doesn't know.

ssj5goku5

Heard you like dem MUDKIPS!!!
    Years
  • I put the event Blaziken in with my Japanese Ditto and on the very first egg got a shiny Torchic. It was unbelieveable and i nearly had a heart attack as this was my first shiny ever! However i have attempted at other shinys and have not been able to as of yet. Also to note i was trying to get a Torchic with the Speed Boost ability and simply walked into the shiny so to speak.

Years
  • The shiny gods do not want me to have a shiny Froakie for some reason... I'm at 1704 eggs hatched, still no shiny ;[

Last Wednesday or Thursday, I found a shiny Braixen in the friend safari. The following Saturday, I fish chained for a shiny Magikarp and it took a 152 chain to get it. Today while breeding for a shiny Froakie, I accidentally run through the colorful grass outside of the daycare center, and stumble upon a random shiny Flabebe.

Why can't I just get my Froakie already T^T

Pr3

Years
  • Anyone from a different region (Not USA) willing to trade an egg with me and send them back to me after they hatch. Finding a perfect lv/nature ditto from another region is proving to be near impossible. I will be willing to do the same. Germany Australia Japan - just another region. If so please let me know here or PM me.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Shiny Fletchling is proving to be a nuisance. Another thing is I almost have no idea why I started hunting for a Shiny Tyrunt. While I am happy I got it I won't be using it for a competitive team or anything. Why do I keep picking stupid Pokemon to breed for Shiny?

Maybe I'll switch to Eevee. I do need a Shiny Sylveon for my competitive team. I also need a Shiny Charmander but I don't have a foreign Ditto or a foreign Male Charmander. After I finish these breeding projects for other people I think I'll switch to Eevee.

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • Yes, it still works! I know someone that got a shiny Fennekin after 500+ eggs, but a shiny Chespin after only 30+ or so.
    You just have to have patience. It's really lucky to get one in one box, and the only reason you see so many people that are is because people make one box, and give up!

Also a tip; go catch a Fletchling and evolve it to Fletchinder (at level 17, it'll take 10 mins tops). Now, have Fletchinder in your party while you hatch eggs - it has Flame Body, which HALVES the steps an egg takes to hatch! It sped up my Eevee hatching lol!

Is Fletchinder the only pokémon with Flame Body?

Pillodox

Ruff
    Years
  • No luck so far. 6 Claunchers, none shiny. But for some reason they're hatching in Dive Balls. Anyone know why?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    I believe the Pokèmon hatch in the Pokè Ball of their parents, though I'm not sure how it works with two different Pokè Balls.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • After 299 egg, this baby appear.
    Spoiler:

Back