• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    I feel your pain >.> 500+ eggs using a native noibat and jap noivern
    Yet to see that blue noibat.... u__u
    At lest im amassing an army of lv 1 Noibats... >.>

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2014
    lol i feel a little good and bad right now. I feel glad knowing that this isn't some type of issue with me or the pokemon i'm breeding, but i also feel bad that other people got luck as bad as I do. thanks for sharing guys and good luck hope you get the shiny pokemon you want

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • I'm at 300 for Noibat, it'll be my third Masuda once I get it. Froakie still got the shortest amount of eggs hatched at 168.

Has anyone ever got a Masuda Method shiny with a parent holding an everstone?
    I can pretty much guarantee that everstone work with the Masuda Method. I got a shiny honeedge with brave nature which the mother was holding the everstone.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    gsqj.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X3 FINALLY!!! OMG!!!
    I finally hatched 1 holy god 8D I fliping out!!!! MY VERY FIRST HATCHED SHINY!!!
    I screemed when i saw it! i was wating a movie at the sametime so i didnt see it at first x3 Im SO HAPPY right now~

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I've merged the two shiny breeding/masuda method threads.

Funny how I was reading the post about no Noibat, but now you've hatched one. :P

I hatched about 11 Chespin eggs, then gave up for the night.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    i know right xD said something about it little over an hr ago and here it is. lol i should have said that sooner XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Not sure if the method works with a Ditto but I've taken to breeding a lot for natures and such, learning the basics of breeding. I have a french ditto, he was holding an everstone and total eggs I've hatched are about 250

I got a Shiny Joltik...so frikkin adorable..Already evolved and been using it online with Sticky web and Thunder, this was like the 6th Joltik i had hatched by the way :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2014
    So happy! Today I got my first Shiny from breeding. I finally got a foreign pokemon (Absol) and I got a shiny after... 8 eggs! I was so surprised! I nearly jumped out of my seat and screamed in front of my class XD. I wish I had a foreign ditto though to make this a lot easier.

Years
  • Gonna replace my Japanese Ditto with a Japanese Froakie after this batch of eggs and see what happens. So far, I've hatched 1247 eggs... Not one shiny Froakie T^T

Hinokage

Ghost Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Gonna replace my Japanese Ditto with a Japanese Froakie after this batch of eggs and see what happens. So far, I've hatched 1247 eggs... Not one shiny Froakie T^T

Man, it's only a matter of time. Don't try to hatch so many in one day though or your spirits will lower. Hatch maybe 4 or 5 boxes worth of eggs, take a break to wonder trade half or all of them, and work on something else for a while. If you wanna get back to breeding after that then do it! Otherwise pace yourself, there's always tomorrow.

Reactions: Sun

matoucs

Trainer
    Years
  • i got a shiny froakie on my 10th or so egg. I was trying to get a good protean Froakie, but it has torrent. At least it's timid so i'm not complaining, shiny Greninja looks reaaaaly good !

Feunard

Random Trainer
    Years
  • I just started hatching eevee and was surprised when it took a lot longer to hatch eevee than charmander. Even with Flame Body pokemon in my party. I don't have the money to get stylish points for the o-power yet so I'm just waiting and hoping I get a shiny eevee before 100 eggs.

Reactions: Sun

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    A friend of mine claims that hatching eggs is much easier when you collect a box full of them, and if you're unlucky with getting any shinies that way, you'll just soft reset the game and repeat that cycle. Can anyone confirm if this is even a little solid strategy? Or can anyone confirm if this doesn't effect chances of getting a shiny?

Anyways back on topic, hitting the 500+ mark with my Espurr eggs. It would be nice if they even give me a female one with at least Modest nature. I lost motivation for the moment, so I'll continue later on. :I

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
    Years
  • A friend of mine claims that hatching eggs is much easier when you collect a box full of them, and if you're unlucky with getting any shinies that way, you'll just soft reset the game and repeat that cycle. Can anyone confirm if this is even a little solid strategy? Or can anyone confirm if this doesn't effect chances of getting a shiny?
    It's certainly one strategy, but the SR bit at the end shouldn't work. Gamefreak is smart. Even with the Masuda method, chances are still a lil' low. AFAIK, the Pokemon isn't determined at hatch time, but at egg generation time. Meaning, one way to SR would be just before collecting the egg, which could work, but would probably take longer. At least you don't have 1 000 000 dedennes or whatever at the end of it.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
    Years
  • Update - Just hit 3 Boxes, going at roughly 5 eggs every 10 minutes, I should fill a box every hour or so. This could take a while. Keep going everyone!

Back