• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    I'm still very disappointed that the Netherlands couldn't even qualify, but I suppose all dutch people are. Portugal deserved the win more than France.

Years
  • Not long to wait now. Wouldn't mind signing a striker sometime soon, yeah.

Our kits are pretty good this season. Home and away are both pretty slick.
    Spoiler:

Third kits on the other hand are works of art. If it wasn't for the sponsor boxes I'd get both.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • The boxes have ruined quite a few of your recent kits, I'm amazed they're still being used on the third kits.

We have done some very exciting business since I last posted, almost reminiscent of the late 90s marquee signings we made. I would like to see some proven PL talent soon though.

Years
  • Was surprised to see Fischer cost so little Negredo will probably keep you up. Can't say I know anything about the guy you got from Atlanta though.

We've signed Canos, a young winger that was at Brentford last season, from Liverpool and a backup keeper. Getting things done early isn't exactly a trait of my club. Does look like McCormack will be here before the season starts though.

Years
  • Don't forget Valdes, he could keep us in a lot of games.

McCormack's agent is good at playing these games, I wouldn't get too excited about him until he's holding up a Norwich shirt. We learned that the hard way.

Years
  • Well....we can't blame this on his agent. Villa were open to paying more money up front than we were. Villa get our number 1 target.

On the bright side we've pinched Alex Pritchard from under Brighton's nose. Him and Sergi Canos for a little under the fee we received for Redmond. Could have done worse.

Now just have to hope our plan b forward actually exists. We seemed pretty confident of landing McC.

Years
  • That should be a good signing for Villa, but I think McCormack is going to be stuck in the bottom half of the Championship with them just like at Fulham.

4 goals for your lot, maybe you don't need a plan b forward after all...

Years
  • Knowing me I won't update after the first month or so. RIP.

Our second game of the season proved that we absolutely need more options. Seems we're only the best team in the league if we score an early goal.

Of course the only solid transfer news is in regards to a defender. Some 18 year old French youth international was in our directors box, apparently a £2.8m fee has been agreed with Sochaux. Jerome Onguéné, if any of you know your second tier French football..

Years
  • Yeah I'm not doing the Fantasy football this year because I always forget to check after the first week anyway.

I think we made a good account of ourselves in our first game back in the big time, it was a bit of a shame we drew having led for a good portion of the game but I'm sure no boro fans are too disappointed. Imbula for Stoke looked like a great player.

Unsurprisingly I'm not too knowledgeable about the French lower leagues, but the amount of senior appearances he has made at a young age looks promising.

Years
  • Another set of rivals who don't reciprocate the rivalry are thwarted.

Good weekend for us with victory over the Mackems.

I support Middlesbrough, I'm very pleased with our transfer business. Negredo & Valdes are big signings and our other recruitments all seem to be solid. We also haven't sold anyone of any importance.

As for my opinion on the transfer window on the whole, it has been perhaps a bit less exciting than recent years with only United really pulling off any huge transfers.

Who do you support? :)

Back