• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I would make it an in-game NPC you have to see where you do a random check like thing. See if this makes any sense...

[First this event only happens when your switch is on.]
    Control Variable: Mystery Gift = Random No. (0...124) [Whereas 124 is the total number of maximum rewards.
    Conditional Branch: Variable Mystery Gift == 1
    @> (Give item event here)

It requires a huge event but its the easiest way I can think of not involving scripting.

-------------------------------------

EDIT: I think I may have come up an eventing way to add dolls and stuff to the game. Let me check it out and see what I can find I'll post my findings later. We may save ourselves a script or two.

I do not want it in game. I already have a way to do mystery gift. I just want to know whatt script to edit.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2015
    I want to know how to make the naming part not necesary.... and to have an automatic name for the player.. can someone teach me how to do that... ? I need that for something..

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
    Years
  • Uhm I've got a problem..
    The intro gives me a problem:​

---------------------------
    Pokémon Rancher
    Exception: NameError
    Sprite_Picture:23:in `update'
    Spriteset_Map:264:in `_animationSprite_update'
    Spriteset_Map:263:in `each'
    Spriteset_Map:263:in `_animationSprite_update'
    AnimationSprite:92:in `update'
    Scene_Map:51:in `updateSpritesets'
    Scene_Map:45:in `each'
    Scene_Map:45:in `updateSpritesets'
    Scene_Map:112:in `update'
    Scene_Map:67:in `main'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

But what is it.. and how can I fix this?​

Please help!​

PoKéMaKeR

EDIT: nevermind I fixed the problem already:)​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I want to know how to make the naming part not necesary.... and to have an automatic name for the player.. can someone teach me how to do that... ? I need that for something..
    Just take out the naming events in the intro and always include the name in the text spoken.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just take out the naming events in the intro and always include the name in the text spoken.
    No, that won't work because things like the trainer card in the pause menu checks the name of the player (which isn't defined if you take the naming part (the "pbTrainerName" script) out of the intro event). It's not just about making the in-game people say a particular name. Also the game won't work if you do that.

PokemonUtilities, line 730. Change it to equal whatever name you want (in quotes). Note that you should leave in the "pbTrainerName" script in the intro event (where Prof Oak pops up), because that sets everything up for a new game.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Also, where is the player graphic mentioned in the intro stored and what is it called?

Make sure you read the notes included with Pokémon Essentials before asking a question. ;D There's a whole section on "dependent events." Have fun.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • Uhm I've got a problem..

The intro gives me a problem:​

Pokémon Rancher
    Exception: NameError
    Sprite_Picture:23:in `update'
    Spriteset_Map:264:in `_animationSprite_update'
    Spriteset_Map:263:in `each'
    Spriteset_Map:263:in `_animationSprite_update'
    AnimationSprite:92:in `update'
    Scene_Map:51:in `updateSpritesets'
    Scene_Map:45:in `each'
    Scene_Map:45:in `updateSpritesets'
    Scene_Map:112:in `update'
    Scene_Map:67:in `main'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

But what is it.. and how can I fix this?​

Please help!​

PoKéMaKeR​

EDIT: nevermind I fixed the problem already:)​

Would you mind posting the script or PMing it to me and explaining what you were trying to do?

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Hello all, I am new to the Game Making scene, so I don't know all THAT much. I recently inserted some tiles and autotiles into the Pokémon Essentials, and I playtested it. I cannot move in any direction, and I checked the Passage, and it is correct. I'm not sure if it was my fault, or what's wrong. Thanks for helping!
    Hey guyz, just quoting for emphasis. :)

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Hey guyz, just quoting for emphasis. :)

I think no one's replied because it's confusing! I have absolutely no clue why it wouldn't work. Did you mess around with the Intro sequence at all?

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • I think no one's replied because it's confusing! I have absolutely no clue why it wouldn't work. Did you mess around with the Intro sequence at all?
    Oh, haha. I thought that might be it xD Well, no, I didn't touch it at all. Very confusing problem, eh?

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Oh, haha. I thought that might be it xD Well, no, I didn't touch it at all. Very confusing problem, eh?

I say, you should simply delete the Starter Kit and download it again, perhaps. :/

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • I say, you should simply delete the Starter Kit and download it again, perhaps. :/

Lol good idea but I'll try to help him on msn before he does that. Ipro if your on tomorrow I'll try and help you figure out the problem and if all else fails we'll go with blueguys suggestion. If you don't mind the help that is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back