• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forever Forbidden

Takes the longest shortcut.
Years
I think this will be more of a new script, but i would like a mew move;

its ??? type, so it effects all
its called Banish.
Basically, it only has 1 pp, can only be restored at a pokemon centre, and it kills the enemy's pokemon without fail. also, the fainted pokemon can ONLY be restored at a pokemon cente.
can you help?

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
Years
As far as I know you would't need a script, you would just have to edit the PBS text files and add your moves, give it the same effect value as Horn Drill or Fissure, and make the accuracy 100% (Or Higher to ensure hit).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
How Do I make it to where that when I put my D/P Battlebacks for the pokemon in the game they dont mess up during battle animations.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I think this will be more of a new script, but i would like a mew move;

its ??? type, so it effects all
its called Banish.
Basically, it only has 1 pp, can only be restored at a pokemon centre, and it kills the enemy's pokemon without fail. also, the fainted pokemon can ONLY be restored at a pokemon cente.
can you help?

As far as I know you would't need a script, you would just have to edit the PBS text files and add your moves, give it the same effect value as Horn Drill or Fissure, and make the accuracy 100% (Or Higher to ensure hit).
Here's your answer, for the most part. The effect that lets the dead pokémon only be revived at a Pokémon Centre requires some scripting, however. Off the top of my head, you'd need to create a new value attached to each pokémon, and set it as something (1, true, etc.) when this move is used. Then you'd need to edit the parts of the scripts where revival items or other non_Pokémon Centre revival effects work, to include a check of this value and only work on a pokémon when its value is not whatever this move sets it to. You wouldn't need to change the Pokémon Centre healing script.

Small Question to ask, How do I change the Play Screen Resolution from whatever it is to width of 680 and hieght of 500?
You don't. The limit is 640x480. Anything more than that causes graphical errors, and you don't want that.

To change the default resolution of the window, go into SpriteResizer and look around line 12. Those are the numbers you should change. Note, however, that changing the screen resolution in-game by the Options menu will overwrite this default, and you'll never get your desired resolution back. Your best bet would be to disable that particular option from the Options menu. It's easy enough to do.

How Do I make it to where that when I put my D/P Battlebacks for the pokemon in the game they dont mess up during battle animations.
Details? Screenshots? Only you know how they're "messing up" at the moment, so we can't exactly help you. Also mention the dimensions of your battlebacks, and what kinds of script changes you've been making.

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2022
Hi, I've some problems with these two functions:

pbRegisterPartner
pbAddForeignPokemon

I even tried the full examples but they didn't work.

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2015
Hey I have a problem of my owns that I need help with.
the problem is that I want to send the player to a map full of black tiles(so nothing can seen), make him invisible and then play a sequence of pictures.. after I want the player to become visible and send to another map..
but this problem shows up everytime I test play it..
2q1cil0.png
'

thanks to anyone that helps out..

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2010
Hello... :(
Sorry for being a noob
But i want to know how i can put day-night tinting in the battle screen, because i want to put it in my game...
please :)

(Sorry for my noob english)

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I'm using this script for Pokemon battle event so is it possible to make the pokemon uncatchable?

Code:
pbWildBattle(
::PBSpecies::GYARADOS,15,1)

Btw, it seems that the game can't proceed if the player loses a wild pokemon battle like this, and I'd like to know if there is a way to fix this issue. Thx.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
I'm using this script for Pokemon battle event so is it possible to make the pokemon uncatchable?

Code:
pbWildBattle(
::PBSpecies::GYARADOS,15,1)
Btw, it seems that the game can't proceed if the player loses a wild pokemon battle like this, and I'd like to know if there is a way to fix this issue. Thx.

I believe your event should resemble something like this.

@>Conditional Branch : Script: pbWildBattle(: PBSpecies::GYARADOS,15,1),false,0,true)
@>Control Self Switch: A=ON
@>(Insert what happens if or when the player wins the battle)
: Else
(Insert what happens if or when the player loses the battle)
: Branch End

I hope that helps.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Hello all, I am new to the Game Making scene, so I don't know all THAT much. I recently inserted some tiles and autotiles into the Pokémon Essentials, and I playtested it. I cannot move in any direction, and I checked the Passage, and it is correct. I'm not sure if it was my fault, or what's wrong. Thanks for helping!

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
I've searcehd the thread and I didn't find anything, so I'll
ask it myself.

Is there a way to make a Pokémon only obey while a certain switch/var is on, and to never obey
when the switch/var is off?

//44tim44

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
?

does anyone know how to edit the screen where the options to continue, start a new game, and options are?

You need to edit the pokemon load script so that it renders the menu skin invisible and so that it has a background picture which you customize.

Could someone tell me which script to edit and which part of that script to edit.
I am trying to add a mystery gift function when my mystery gift switch is on.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2010
Sorry for being a noob
But i want to know how i can put day-night tinting in the battle screen, because i want to put it in my game...

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
Years
Could someone tell me which script to edit and which part of that script to edit.
I am trying to add a mystery gift function when my mystery gift switch is on.

I would make it an in-game NPC you have to see where you do a random check like thing. See if this makes any sense...

[First this event only happens when your switch is on.]
Control Variable: Mystery Gift = Random No. (0...124) [Whereas 124 is the total number of maximum rewards.
Conditional Branch: Variable Mystery Gift == 1
@> (Give item event here)

It requires a huge event but its the easiest way I can think of not involving scripting.

-------------------------------------

EDIT: I think I may have come up an eventing way to add dolls and stuff to the game. Let me check it out and see what I can find I'll post my findings later. We may save ourselves a script or two.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2010
Sorry for being a noob

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Sorry for being a noob

Look in the script PokemonField, there you have to search this: Time.now.hour
And then change the Opacities you see under it..
I don´t know it for sure, but you can atleast give it a try (don´t you think?)
Be sure to make a backup though..

My map for the region is too big, is there a way i can scroll it using the direction keys?

I'm not sure about this one, but I'd think it has something to do with some kind of script in the starterkit, an other option is to just shrink your region map..

PoKéMaKeR​

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2010

Look in the script PokemonField, there you have to search this: Time.now.hour
And then change the Opacities you see under it..
I don´t know it for sure, but you can atleast give it a try (don´t you think?)
Be sure to make a backup though..

I'm not sure about this one, but I'd think it has something to do with some kind of script in the starterkit, an other option is to just shrink your region map..

PoKéMaKeR​

Nope, don't result...
because i want to put the night/day tinting in the battle screen, nop in the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back