• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
how are you doing the caterpillar?

Like I said earlier, I just put images wich follow the player. And for each image, there is an event. The caterpillar is initialized at each change of map by a swich/.

I need to make the images disappear after going through a connection.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Well, I was trying to create a Safari zone like the POKEMON Red/Blue series. I copied the event in the test map(which includes a safari zone script) and create a new map with the safari script. However, when the character walks into the Safari zone and encounters a wild POKEMON, it was still like the normal wild POKEMON battle since I have to use POKEMON to battle with it and use normal POKEBALL to catch it. How can I do to fix this problem? Is there a method to set up a Safari zone? I'd appreciate it very much if anyone of you could help. thanks.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Like I said earlier, I just put images wich follow the player. And for each image, there is an event. The caterpillar is initialized at each change of map by a swich/.

I need to make the images disappear after going through a connection.

ah, did you try using an actual cattapiller script or do they not work in the pokemon starter kit?

Well, I was trying to create a Safari zone like the POKEMON Red/Blue series. I copied the event in the test map(which includes a safari zone script) and create a new map with the safari script. However, when the character walks into the Safari zone and encounters a wild POKEMON, it was still like the normal wild POKEMON battle since I have to use POKEMON to battle with it and use normal POKEBALL to catch it. How can I do to fix this problem? Is there a method to set up a Safari zone? I'd appreciate it very much if anyone of you could help. thanks.

did you remeber to put this in the metadata pb for each of the safari zone maps? :

# Safari Zone
SafariMap=true
Outdoor=true
ShowArea=true

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
What do du mean? I have seen a sort of caterpillar in the addepency thing, but I've not seen anything about going through the edges....

then i have no idea, sorry. :(

is it possable to have 2 weather chances on a map? (like 50% chanse of rain, 50% chance of sandstorm)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Does anyone have an example of what the fishing sprite sheet should look like? because the discription is confusing me.

Veycra

Graphic Designer
Years
Hi guys,
I have a problem with door event. Here is what I want it to be, when I walk to the door from inside to go outside, there should be an open door, then player will move down 1 step then the door will close. Yeah, I know its the same like what poccil does. But, it didn't happen to my game. I already copied exactly like what poccil did in his Starter Kit. After the player transfer to the outside map, he just stand in the place where I pointed it. In my case, on top of the door.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
It's ok guys :P I already fix it. My mistake on the script lolz
Here's another problem of mine, I create a new custom folder in the graphic folder. But, when I compile data, it doesn't compile my custom folder! I hope someone can help me with this :)

Last edited:

Veycra

Graphic Designer
Years
I make a new folder, that I put picture in it. The folder is in the Graphics folder. And it is use for other purpose, not like Picture folder. Other people can see that picture in game if I give the folder to them, but I don't want anyone to rip it :P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
how do you make a weather based event? because the notes only tell how to do a day specific event.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I need help with two things:

1. How would I script a new item effect into the system?
2. Could a scripter help me work on an Apothecary system? If they do, then they get an NPC in my game, which advertises their region (and in turn their game ;))

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
U could try to put a condition for the script $game_screen.weather in your game :

if $game_screen.weather(1,9.0,20) (for rain)
do
end

thanks, but there is something else i need to know.

in that script "$game_screen.weather(1,9.0,20)" 1 is the weather, but what do the other numbers stand for?

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
I Just Got a new cursor a pokeball one!
By the way can i just copy and paste the scripts
to my other game file?
My trial just ran out today my dad will buy it on
Monday

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
I Just Got a new cursor a pokeball one!
By the way can i just copy and paste the scripts
to my other game file?
My trial just ran out today my dad will buy it on
Monday

which scripts do you mean? the events like doors and pokeballs and stuffs? if so then yes, if not, then please explain what you mean.

Years
thanks, but there is something else i need to know.

in that script "$game_screen.weather(1,9.0,20)" 1 is the weather, but what do the other numbers stand for?

Well, when u dont know something about a definition of the game, u could at least look by yourself before... It's $game_screen.weather , so it is in the game_screen script... Look at line 80, there is def weather(type, power, duration).
It takes 1 minute to find it by yourself and many more to wait the answer...

If u dont know how to find something rapidly in the scripts, just type ctrl+shift+f. It will open a search panel wich will search in all the scripts.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Could anyone tell me how to insert an animation into the game? I have a 5 frame animation for the title screen, and I don't know how to put it in D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back