• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Unovian Pokémon?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In generation five, they had introduced dozens of new Pokémon, which are all distinct from each other and unique in their own way. Of them all, which would you consider your most favorite? Why? Have you ever used said Pokémon in your team before? How was your experience? If you were to change anything of it, what would it be? Would you like to see an evolution or pre-evolution for this Pokémon in future, if there isn't one?

Years
I didn't like too many new Pokemon from Unova, but it is home to my all-time favorite, Mienshao. Majestic, elegant, and powerful are some words that accurately describe its amazing concept design and abilities. Mienfoo is absolutely adorable too, so there's no let-down there. I've used one every opportunity I get, which so far has only been the Unova games and X and Y, haha. I wouldn't change a thing; it's perfect as is. :]

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
For those of you who don't know:
zekromgifsprite_zps9c429195.gif

This guy.

Zekrom is my favorite 5th gen Pokemon, and my favorite Pokemon of all time. As for why...I'll write that later if people want. Obviously I've used Zekrom in battle before, and it is great. The only thing I'd want to change about it is its movepool; its a bit lacking, though Zekrom can do pretty well with the few moves it has. And maybe a little more Speed.

Years
My favorite Unova Pokémon is Scolipede. I really like the idea of a megapede Pokémon, its design is really sick. And for it being a heavyweight, it's pretty fast, and that STAB Megahorn is neat too. It got all the changes it could ask for in XY: a bit more Attack and THE coolest ability, Speed Boost, which it can use with Baton Pass. BW2 tutors gave it Aqua Tail and Superpower, which are fun too. I have used one in a Black 2 playthrough I did a long time ago, although it was just a normal run.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
549.gif

Lilligant! I actually have a couple of favourites in Unova, but Lilligant stands far above the rest of them. Honestly, I just love her name and design, haha. Not much else really. I have used Lilligant before though. In my first playthrough in White and White 2, named Tillia and Aurica respectively. I would absolutely love to change her move pool. Honestly, I would accept any extra moves just because her move-pool basically comprises of Quiver Dance, Sleep Powder, Giga Drain, Petal Dance, and Hidden Power. Seriously, that's it. I guess a bump to her Speed stat would be great too.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
My favourite Gen 5 Pokemon are Serperior, Samurott, Volcarona, Chandelure, Ferrothorn, Galvantula, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Krookodile, Excadrill, Escavalier, Durant, Lilligant, Vanilluxe, Reuniclus, Sigilyph, Braviary, Darmanitan, Zoroark, Zebstrika, Seismitoad, Scolipede, Archeops, Terrakion, and male Jellicent.

Years
tumblr_n7ecq92GBX1ru4bjto2_250.gif

I'm sure it was obvious by now if one remembers my love of this cute. Oshawott is like the cutest thing I've ever seen and boy did it have the impact because he became my true Poke-mascot. In fact, Unova has so many of my fave Pokemon, with only a very small group that don't appeal. I love a good majority of the Psychic, Grass, Dark, Ghost and Flying-types that were introduced this generation. The legendaries and starters are pretty cool too, along with Audino and the elemental monkeys. Unova surely had lots of unique Pokemon if I have to say so myself.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Excadrill and Hydreigon are my favorite Gen V Pokemon. They're good in battle, but I like how Excadrill can fold into a drill, while Hydreigon has heads for hands.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Unova introduced many Pokemon I like - my top 2 favorite Pokemon are from Unova - they are Watchog & Mienshao. Unova also introduced me to liking and using Fighting and Dark types. Unova also has my most favorite starter of all times - Oshawott.

505.gif
620.gif

Watchog & Mienshao: Both are very useful in their own ways - both are very cute - both haven't let me down (in game). Watchog being normal type it can learn a wide variety of attacks that many times helps me cover any type weakness my team encounters along the way.

Just to name a few others I loved this generation:
619.gif
502.gif
504.gif
509.gif
510.gif
572.gif
573.gif
587.gif

a few others I also like: Samurott, Oshawott, Snivy, Servine, Serperior, Zorua, Zorark, Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad, Reshiram

Last edited:
Years
My favorite unova pokemon is Whimsicott. It's just so cute and fluffy T_T and I've been trying to find a crochet pattern for it forever because I want to hold one and I just can't.
I've never used one on my team. I was breeding for good IV's, then got bored of that and just never got to use one.
I would hate for it to have an evolution, because they would no doubt ruin it's cuteness. MAYBE a mega for it, because it could just go back to normal though.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
I have a pretty short list of Unova Pokemon that I like.

Hydreigon
Galvantula
Bisharp
Excadrill

On to Legendaries:
Kyurem-Black
Thunderus (both Formes)
Reshiram

FifePokemon

AlShao
Years
I'd say Haxorus, mostly based on its design. I made a point of getting one on my first gen 5 playthrough and it was great, by far the strongest pokemon on my team. Also shiny Haxorus has an awesome dark design, it looks like the complete antithesis of a Dragonite..

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Haxorus is actually pretty cool. When I had first seen it, though, I immediately wound up thinking that it was some form of bug-time; its sprite just wasn't... large enough, I suppose. If it were bigger, I'm sure I wouldn't have thought of it that way. It did ruin my view of this Pokémon a bit, but recovered it as soon as I saw it in-anime. Anyway, my personal favorite would most likely have to be Volcarona. It's got a pretty unique design, and competitively, it could be extremely viable. After one Quiver Dance, it would be able to sweep your opponent without any sort of trouble. One of my other favorites would be Whimsicott; that Pokémon's just simply adorable!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
My top 3 favourite Pokemon are actually from Unova! Reuniclus, Chandelure and Hydreigon respectively. Reuniclus is cute and strong, Chandelure looks awesome, and Hydreigon's fearsome - all attributes I love. Another favourite would have to be Mienshao. It hits hard, hits fast and has a stylish stache.

Years
Unova introduced so many lovely Pokemon but my favorite is my cute little ball of fluff Whimsicott. It's absolutely adorable and I've trained several of them since.. plus the shiny version, so very pretty. Mienshao is a very close second with Serperior, Lillipup, Lilligant, and others coming in quite close too. Love!

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
When it comes to the Pokemon introduced in Unova, here is the list of my favorites:
Samurott
Stoutland
Unfezant
Zebstrika
Gigalith
Excadrill
Throh
Leavanny
Krookodile
Darmanitan
Scrafty
Carracosta
Zoroark
Reuniclus
Vanilluxe
Galvantula
Klinklang
Eelektross
Beheeyem
Haxorus
Beartic
Druddigon
Golurk
Bisharp
Braviary
Hydreigon
Cobalion
Terrakion
Thundurus
Zekrom
Kyurem
Genesect

Years
I like a lot of Pokemon introduced in Gen. V, but here are a few of my faves:

sewaddle.gif

Too lazy to find the completely animated BW sprites so using the XY models. IT IS SO ADORABLE I WANT ONE IRL ;-; I don't care if it or its evos. aren't that good in battle I love it anyway <3

hydreigon.gif

Although it's annoying trying to get from Deino to Hydreigon, I found it well worth it. Love its design, movepool, and strength <3

serperior.gif

Although it's competitively not the best Grass starter, it's tied with Sceptile for my fave. I love its design and movepool, and I also love its shiny color palette and HA.

whimsicott.gif

Adorable as fluff, but can be a pain to face with Prankster and its numerous status moves. I loved slowly killing off my opponents' Pokemon with it <3

virizion.gif

Yes most the Pokemon I've listed are part Grass. My fave fifth gen. legendary; it's really pretty in pink and is pretty good strength-wise. Plus, it has an interesting and nice design~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
I love Braviary and Archeops, I'm a big fan of bird Pokemon.

I also like Volcarona with the dual type bug/fire. I wish I could have used it on my team for White 2, but you could only get it after defeating the Elite 4 :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
#1: Volcarona, hands down! Has a brilliant movepool combined with legendary special stats + speed. Also proves that bug pokemon aren't all bad. You can't compete! (Umm, there is stealth rock and stone edge, but no Pokémon is perfect)

#2: Hydreigon, again, brilliant stats and a diverse movepool, also the dark/dragon typing is an awesome combination, only downside is the amount of patience required to evolve it, it's worth it in the end though!

#3: Eelektross, the fact that it has no weaknesses even now is pretty cool, combined with substantial defenses and good attack makes it a fairly good tank, but its lack of weaknesses is already awesome enough!

#4: Braviary, apart from being a good pokemon to use, just looks awesome!

#5: Zoroark is perfect for tricking your opponents, it gives battles that edge. Only issue is that it can be extremely difficult to get without B2W2

Generation V, like all generations of pokemon, has had good and bad mons. Here are some of my pet hates of this generation:
#1: Stunfisk is the worst by far, is it some sort of pancake/fish hybrid or something? It just looks plain ugly! And don't get me started on its cry!

#2: Vanillite's line: Ice cream, seriously? With a smiley face! Just... No!

#3: Audino + Foongus line: Every generation of pokemon has ripped of Pikachu (Gen II had Marill, Gen III had Plusle + Minun, etc.) But Nintendo must have been running out of ideas to rip off Chaney and Electrode. Emolga at least doesn't look poorly designed, but come on!

Ranting aside, Generation V actually introduced a lot of really good Pokémon, a lot of them are up there in my favourites. It's a shame this generation was let down by a certain few Pokémon.

Back