• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Titans: A Superhero RP (T) (OOC/SU)

For the next story arc, would you be prefer your character to be part of a 3-4 person hero squad?

• No, I'd rather not.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm busy now, maybe at a later time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
  • I made a comprehensive flowchart to help with your character balancing.

Titans: A Superhero RP (T) (OOC/SU)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Arx, transforming into animals is an awesome power. Like, look at Beast Boy from Teen Titans. He was badass, really showed off what you could do with different transformations.
    Haha thanks and feel free to call me Nathan :)

Is that a personal preference, or do you feel it would make him overpowered?
    Personal preference plus it could potentially make him OP too.

Years
  • Arx, transforming into animals is an awesome power. Like, look at Beast Boy from Teen Titans. He was badass, really showed off what you could do with different transformations.

I actually wanted to point that out, the personality description of Axel really fits Beast Boy's personality in the 60s Doom Patrol and 80s Teen Titans comics. Never one to not crack a joke, and prone to violent bursts of anger.

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Can I make a reservation? Starting my SU right after I post this

thinking of having my character's power as the ability to control electricity, if that's ok

Name: Theo "Proto" Allen
    Appearance:

Theo current appearance under the exoskeleton is a very horrific sight. The lightning strike damaged much of his face, full of gruesome scars and burn marks. The most notable scar stretches over Theo's left eye, from the top of his head to just under his ear. Theo used to have green eyes pre-accident, but now the aqueous and iris are blood red. Theo stands at six feet, five inches tall and weighs two-hundred and twenty-eight pounds, with quite the muscular build. Over that body however is a burnt mess, the damage from the accident still marked on his body. When Theo is gathering energy from a power source, his veins will flash bright blue through his skin.

Attire:

Spoiler:

Personality:

Shockingly enough, Theo has a very electric personality. Theo is a very emotionless person. Confined to an exoskeleton, Theo feels alone in the world and avoids all social situations whenever he can. He's a very cold person, due to the nature of his current situation he refuses to create bonds with people he meets, and always acts detached and disinterested in society. Theo is at peace when alone, and often chooses to meditate near a power source. Theo is always very nervous of his surroundings, and never feeling comfortable in any situation. Theo is a very humble person, not one to discuss his accomplishments, and absolutely dislikes discussing his condition. Theo often likes to think about what life would be like if the accident never happened, and has flashbacks to the days before the accident.

Powers/abilities/weapons/etc:

Ability to control electricity. Theo's body can conduct electricity, and can use it to control currents of electricity in anything that uses electricity, can store electric charges in his body.

Theo's powers include being able to shoot lightning bolts through his hands, move at near light speed for short distances and controlling electric circuits, can also coat himself in electric charges that cause a shock when he is touched.

Strengths:

- Controlling electricity
    - Very skilled hand-to-hand fighter

Weaknesses:

The main drawback to Theo's powers is he relies on a power source for his strength. Theo can draw electric charge from anything that holds a charge, but can only store limited amounts of electric potential. If Theo can't get near a power source or something conducting electricity from a power source, his powers become non-existant. Also relies on a breathing apparatus, if that fails or is disconnected from Theo, he only has minutes to live.

Origin Story (history):

Theo's life was a normal one up until three weeks ago, he was a construction worker for a company that built skyscrapers in Hyperia. He lived a minimalist lifestyle, making good money but spending very little. He lived alone, having no family in Hyperia and kept to himself, having only a few friends out of necessity.

That was until everything changed. It was a busy day at work, and Theo was running late. He was working with the electricians installing the lights for the building, he had to go down to the basement to the generator to test the wiring. He flicked the switch on, but the lights didn't come on. So Theo started making a few adjustments until the power was re-connected and delivered a massive shock to Theo, sending him flying across the room, and knocking him out. Theo had to be revived by paramedics, and when hit with the defibrillator, Theo slapped the ground and sent a burst of electricity at the wall. Paramedics were taken away with disbelief, and was brought to a physicist for testing.

First thing discovered is that Theo couldn't breath without an apparatus, so he was hooked up to a machine for the whole procedure, but during the testing found that Theo's body could conduct electricity with nearly zero resistance. Theo went through more testing, and eventually the full scope of his abilities were discovered. The research about Theo was transferred to Binary, and eventually Theo was given the alias Proto, along with the exoskeleton suit with a built in battery to hold extra charge for Theo and a breathing apparatus so he can stay alive.

Roleplay Sample:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7228948#7228948

SU ready for review, mind you this is the first one i've done in quite some time, so im ready for as much constructive criticism as I can get

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • In a sense, every character in this RP can be insanely overpowered. Hilda could merge a tank and a diamond, making an indestructible tank, Alex could turn into the Kraken and literally wreck everything, quantum could get a bigger suit and become the new Godzilla (and she gets fed up she can just tear her suit and annihilate Hyperia), Smiley could put a single clone in the middle of nowhere out of reach, making him practically impossible to kill, Nerites could actually unleash her goldy rage and destroy and flood Hyperia, Akira could use the shadow of every person in Hyperia to instantly impale them, and Giron could turn into a nuke and get rid of the entire city.

The only thing keeping them from doing all of these things is inexperience and/or limitations out of their control.

You're scaring me Fox. Stop putting ideas in their heads :/

But what about humans lacking common sense?

Also anyone hates doing history as much as I do? Just would like to check with GB and you guys(?) if my power is alright and balanced enough.

Your character looks fine so far, I'll be able to give more feedback once you're done!

I made a comprehensive flowchart to help with your character balancing.

Titans: A Superhero RP (T) (OOC/SU)

I should put this in the OP, just in case anyone's confused...

SU ready for review, mind you this is the first one i've done in quite some time, so im ready for as much constructive criticism as I can get

WestsideConnection's Proto is accepted!

I also wanted to make a widespread note to everyone regarding the ever-ambiguous topic of character weaknesses. Please do not take this personally, as I am not referring to any one person, rather responding to a trend I am seeing in the SUs.

My point is this: being human is not a weakness. This includes things like having to eat, sleep, and other parts of everyday life . By the same token, not having exceptional abilities in one area. is not a weakness either, i.e. "isn't super strong" doesn't count.

If you feel like you might have had something like this in your SU, you are free to make any changes you like, or you can leave everything as-is, it will not affect much other than to help further develop your character.

Just thought I'd tell you guys how much I'm looking forward to roleplaying with ya'll!

Years
  • So... Arx's character is basically Giron but with more limitations?
    I can see them developing an interesting relationship xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    But where's Hilda's boy ;; maybe she can go after Binary, a smart man to keep the unsmart woman in check. Teheheh.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    But where's Hilda's boy ;; maybe she can go after Binary, a smart man to keep the unsmart woman in check. Teheheh.

Smiley is an immortal man with a British accent that is way older than her. I think that is in her taste. I'm going to make these doctor who jokes for the rest of the RP

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • Reserve me.

I've decided to jump in on this while I still have the chance. All this talk of aliens, Gods and almighty beings of energy has me thinking that this World needs something a little more mysterious.

That's right folks, I'm not the hero this thread needs right now. But I'm the one it deserves. So you'll hunt me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not your hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark Deceptio.

Disclaimer:
    My character is not actually going to be batman. But he is going to be bad ass.

Also will be a man. Don't worry ladies, you're all going to be swooning.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years

• Thanks, Fox. No, really. That's exactly what this thread needed.

Also! Deceptio, I'm looking forward to seeing your character! Sounds very mysterious :3 And we do need more people with -actual- identities and normal lives!

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • Thanks, Fox. No, really. That's exactly what this thread needed.

Also! Deceptio, I'm looking forward to seeing your character! Sounds very mysterious :3 And we do need more people with -actual- identities and normal lives!

Just before I start making my SU, I'd like to say that it's Ash's face in that image that really makes it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    As long as you're not a god or an alien because. 8)

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • I'd like to point out to Arx, Don't ya encroach on my sea animorphizesing, I 'm gonna be a narwhal or a octopus whether you like it or not.

Back