• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
  • Hey guys, how do i import my world-map.
    I did it correctly and still it came out like this in-game ->
    20a5ftx.png

I followed - > http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164425 , and also used http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=162228

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
    Years
  • Hey guys, how do i import my world-map.
    I did it correctly and still it came out like this in-game ->
    20a5ftx.png

I followed - > http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164425 , and also used http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=162228
    In NTME, when you are about to save your tilemap, click the - button on the Width section, or the L button on the Tilemap Size if you ahve the old version of NTME. Save it, and then import it into your game as you would normally.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
    Years
  • I used Pro tilemap creater.
    I'll try using the NEW NTME.
    If it's the new NTME, i need to just input FR_LG worldmap size right?

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
    Years
  • I'll try it right away.
    After 4 mins
    I got it again.
    2qa070z.png
    this time, the pallete hve not been inserted yet ( i don't know the offset of the palette)
    Also, i notice that the tlemap isn't inserted tho i've insert it and repoint it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    How do you add pokemon in Pokemon Gold? (please NO hex editors, i dont know how to use a hex editor and plus it isnt easy to learn)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • I have a question for Xse How do you use the darken and lighten commands i try them through level script but it never works somebody help me please?

Darken and Lighten only work in areas you have designated to have the "Flash" effect.
    (Like caves, or Brawly's Gym in R/S/E)
    It is like being in a cave, and you need to use the HM, "Flash" or you need to use a Lighten command.

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Does anyone where can i get indexed sprites of gym leaders and elite 4 of
    platinum or d/p basically sinnoh region?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Does anyone where can i get indexed sprites of gym leaders and elite 4 of
    platinum or d/p basically sinnoh region?

Search for the sprites yourself, and search then download IrfanView. Then, open the sprite in IrfanView, and go to Picture - Decrease Color Depth, select 16 colours, click OK, and save it. There, indexed. Do some work yourself, instead of picking the easy route.

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016

Search for the sprites yourself, and search then download IrfanView. Then, open the sprite in IrfanView, and go to Picture - Decrease Color Depth, select 16 colours, click OK, and save it. There, indexed. Do some work yourself, instead of picking the easy route.

The thing I tried that is that method is not applicable for windows 7 x64
    Whenever i try to index file(using paint there is a step in which u need to copy one image over the other) the color depth is restored to normal(24bpp) from 4 bpp

So is there any other method which doesn't involve use of paint

Not sure but i think paint is necessary for background indexing

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2019
    Can anyone help me?

How do i change the sprites of people and insert them so that i can use them?

Please help

thanks in advance

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    How do you add pokemon in Pokemon Gold? (please NO hex editors, i dont know how to use a hex editor and plus it isnt easy to learn)

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    Unhandled Exception?

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "simple question" but I am using YAPE to edit Pokemon Sapphire. It has worked just fine in the past, but now all of a sudden its saying this:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.

Invalid Argument =Value of '0' is not valid for 'select index'.
    Parameter name: SelectIndex."

If I click continue, YAPE stops responding and I have to close it anyway...and it does this for all of my ROMs, even ones that I haven't hacked at all...anyone know what to do? I tried re-downloading YAPE and using the new one, but it said the same thing. It says this for any Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed or LeafGreen ROM I try, so I'm not sure what to do...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • Hi, I want to use Advance Script, but it says something about a missing ".ocx" file. I downloaded that and the other one, but it still wouldn't work, even though I downloaded it in System32!!!! ANY HELP!?!?!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back