• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Pokemon X and Y Team So Far?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
My team would be
6x Mega Mawile.

... You can only have one mega Pokemon on your team at a time. Or I guess you're only allowed one mega evolution per battle is more likely. Though I doubt you're find 6 Mawilite stones in the game. :P

tumblr_mrftvbjVzB1qjfzvbo1_500.jpg

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
I know you guys don't necessarily have to follow my advice, but in my teams, I generally try to get all three of the starter types in there: Fire, Grass, and Water. They're very practical types to have as you'll most likely need them in a lot of battles. I mean, by having just those three types on your team, you can already counter about 8 different types effectively, many of which are very common types. And that's not counting any primary or secondary types the Pokémon you choose may have (you'd probably want to pick up a Grass Pokémon with another type to counter some of Grass' weaknesses).

Obviously, my starter (or your starter) fills one of those slots. But I heavily suggest picking up two more to fill the other two.

Years
No way, I'll decide once I can see ALL the pokemon that is available in the game. The only one I know I will definetly have is the legendary from Y. Also I'm REALLY hoping for a dargon-type eevee!

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
I don't really like any of the new pokemon enough yet to say who's gonna be on my team, but what I CAN say is that torchic is a definite.

Draqonite

Draco Meteor?
Years
Having a fairy type in your team is probably going to be really usefull ,through out the story mode..so thats why im going to get Sylveon even though its not one of my favorite pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Having a fairy type in your team is probably going to be really usefull ,through out the story mode..so thats why im going to get Sylveon even though its not one of my favorite pokemon.

There are other Fairy types and there will most likely be more Fairy types introduced. So you don't have to get Sylveon if you don't like it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm still looking into what they have. So many epic choices, so little time to choose now x_x

I wish I knew more Kalos Pokemon because I never use my Planned teams after finding something in game that intrigues me.

Only definate on my team is Froakie, my Starter....I really want Gogoat and Noivern too....Just don't have a planned team...I do have a very large lists of what I want to catch though XD

Years
All I'm set on at the 'mo are Chespin and Sylveon. Other than that I'll probably just play normally and decide what I want to use as I go along. :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
So far, I've decided to have Fennekin and Honedge on my team. They're two of my favorite six generation Pokémon. I may include Noivern, too, if it has a good move pool. =) I'm not really sure what the rest of my party will consist of. I'll decide when I get to play the game, I guess!

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
I'm not the type of person to use pre-set teams when I play a pokemon game. But, let's assume that the newly revealed pokemon are the ONLY pokemon usable in the new gen...this could end up to be my team:
Pokemon Y:
~Fennekin
~Spritzee
~Noivern
~Pancham
~Skrelp
~Heliptile
Alternates: (like, I'll catch them and train them so they're usable, but they're not exactly part of my main team)
~Yvetal
~Gogoat

Of course, all of 'em would be in their final evos.

tnfsf11

-Froakie/Skrelp
-Malamar
-Swirlix
-Helioptile
-Gogoat
-Talonflame/Blaziken (hopefully)

That's for the first run, might as well use pokes from other gens in future playthroughs.

Years
Assuming I used a Kalos-only team, it would have been this:

- Froakie
- Pangoro
- Some random Flying Pokemon
- Swirlix (or maybe Sylveon)
- Some random Fire Pokemon
- Some random Grass Pokemon

So yeah, continuing my trend of a Grass/Fire/Water triangle with the starter covering one of the three types, with the other two going to Pokemon that as of this stage I have not decided yet. A Flying Pokemon is always mandatory because I love to fly around, Pangoro since I tend to use a Fighting-type somewhere (but the type's often random because it's one of my wildcard slots) and I also want to try a Fairy-type for once.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I've rethought up my team. In the end I'll proably not use it as I rarely use my pre-planned team...

It'll be: Torchic, Talonflame, Fennekin, Gogoat, Helioptile, and the sixth is open.

Sirfetch’d

I'd like to wait a bit more before selecting my team because if I planned it now in a few weeks when more Pokemon are revealed, I will be like "OMG must have on team!!" and have to change it. For now, Chespin and Honedge are the only guarantees for my team.

Years
This is just my opinion but I have yet to see a Fairy type pokemon that I am interested in which is sad, because I think that the fairy type can be good, i just have little interest in it.

And so I have to say that I am looking more at: the evolution of Litleo, Malamar and Pangoro with either Chespin or Froakie as a starter

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
team so far so x and y?

i was wondering if anyone has planned there pokemon team yet? or if you just wait and see how it ends up. for me its fenniken,tauros,dragonite,clauncher,and an evolution of eevee the 6th im still not sure about yet.everyone seems to like noivern but im not bothered about it. i really want to use tauros because i have never used one so far.so do you plan your pokemon team in advance or just wait to play it?

Back