• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Pokemon X and Y Team So Far?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Given that a new Pokemon or old pokemon availability in Kalos does not change my mind, I'll use:
    1. Chespin
    2. Helioptile
    3. Kresp..? (The poison thing)
    4. Talonflame
    5. Pancham
    6. Clauncher
    The poison thing happens to be Skrelp.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • As it stands, I'm already planning on using Chespin, Sylveon, and Noivern in my first play-through. I'm considering using a Litleo as well, all depending on whether or not I actually like its evolution(s) ─ which I'm assuming it will have.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I may substitute Swirlix for Sylveon as my Fairy type team member. After seeing videos of Sylveon on Pokémon-Amie it's just too cute to turn down, not to mention it looks pretty awesome.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • I don't feel like I know enough about the upcoming Gen to really decide my team here and now but I'm probably going to choose Fennekin as my starter unless any of the final evolutions really impress me. I might use Spritzee but only if it's final evolution looks like a Plague Doctor :P I also plan on using an Aggron if it is available in this game.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    I always keep my starter (Fennekin or Froakie) in my team on recreational gameplay, so that leaves 5 slots.
    But for competitive, the team varies.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • The newest update on Kanto starters have completely ... made me reconsider my entire plans on who will be on my team (previously Chespin and Talonflame only.) Should I choose both Chespin and Venusaur? Perhaps I should run Charizard... no, but then that will clash with Talonflame. What if I got Chespin+Charmander in XY, and Fennekin+Bulbasaur in the sequels? But what if Sycamore gives Johto starters in the sequels instead?!

*dies*

I'm actually quite happy over this confusion. :) I like being able to discover my team along the way.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The newest update on Kanto starters have completely ... made me reconsider my entire plans on who will be on my team (previously Chespin and Talonflame only.) Should I choose both Chespin and Venusaur? Perhaps I should run Charizard... no, but then that will clash with Talonflame. What if I got Chespin+Charmander in XY, and Fennekin+Bulbasaur in the sequels? But what if Sycamore gives Johto starters in the sequels instead?!

*dies*

I'm actually quite happy over this confusion. :) I like being able to discover my team along the way.
    Despite all my posting of how confused I am about which Kanto starter to pick I'm also oddly amused by the fact...as you said it allows one to discover their team along the way...

Anyways there's a chance my team will end up being 4 fires types of which 2 will evolve into Fire/Flying (if I end up picking Charmander), one Fire/Fighting (that we know of), and potentially 1 Fire/Psychic...maybe I should just run a mono type challenge xD.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • So far it's gonna be
    Chespin
    Azulmarril for its fairy typing
    mega Charizard
    Raichu
    Rest depends on the pokedex
    I kinda want Azumarill, too, but I don't know if Marill will be in the Kalos dex early enough.

Oddly enough, it's been on my team wishlist during both Soulsilver and Black 2, yet I got sidetracked... with the whole discovering new teammates instead thing. Being one of the few fairies and steel types I like, it might be my best shot of taking on dragons.

Mega Charizard
    filler
    filler
    filler
    filler
    filler
    I love this dedication. XD The rest doesn't even matter.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • So far I've only decided on Chespin. Usually I plan my teams beforehand, but that's kinda impossible with the worldwide release. Plus, it will be a great experience to jump in blindly and test the waters with different party members before settling with a main team.

As for the Kanto starters, my starter has always been Bulbasaur. I won't put it in my party because Chespin is my grass type this time and I would like to think of Bulbasaur as a Kanto only starter for me. However, after I completed the main story, I will start to rebuild my Kanto team on X/Y because I doubt I'll be paying for the PokeBank.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    My Pokemon X/Y team as of now:

-Froakie
    -Talonflame/Litleo
    -Gengar
    -Gogoat/Venusaur

That leaves two open slots.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2017
    -Chespin- Just awesome
    -Torchic-Again awesome
    -Squirtle-Same again
    -Helioptile-Sounds Good
    - [insert dragon type]
    - Malamar- Psychic/Dark= Beastiality

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
    Years
  • TALONFLAME! (my favorite revealed pokemon for gen 6 so far)
    squirtle
    chespin
    i may put in jolteon unless i find another cool electric type
    zoroark/yvetal/pangoro
    umm... some steel/rock type would typically go here

I still think talonflames design puts it in my all time top 10. i looooove it

The newest update on Kanto starters have completely ... made me reconsider my entire plans on who will be on my team (previously Chespin and Talonflame only.) Should I choose both Chespin and Venusaur? Perhaps I should run Charizard... no, but then that will clash with Talonflame. What if I got Chespin+Charmander in XY, and Fennekin+Bulbasaur in the sequels? But what if Sycamore gives Johto starters in the sequels instead?!

*dies*

i know those feels.
    i really want talonflame and charizard but 2 fire/flying types in the party? why cant charizard just be a dragon/fire :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2013
    It looks like I'll be carrying Dedenne, Fennekin, Sylveon and Talonflame for most of my journey.

And Charizard. Can't believe I forgot about Charizard.

Magic Magikarp

Magikarp is terrifying
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2013
    All I know is that I want a Chespin, although the new grass and ghost type looks interesting. I also want to finally use a Garchomp and Miltank (I really like Miltank for some reason)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Since the Kanto Starters were revealed to be given in-game, it's the perfect opportunity to have one of them as my sixth and final member assuming there isn't another new Kalos Pokémon that I like that much.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I think the Kanto starters helped me decide which Kalos starters I'll go with. I think I've decided to get both X and Y. First time around, I'll go for Fennekin and Squirtle and then second time, I'll go for Chespin and Charmander.

So far, I'm only really thinking about typings, not necessarily about individual Pokémon. Some of the ones I've seen fill the slot for a type I want, but I haven't assigned all of them.

So far, here's what I'm thinking for my Y team:

-Fire: Fennekin (please don't be Fire/Fighting)
    -Water: Squirtle
    -Fairy: Spritzee (that is if its evolution(s) look(s) cool)
    -Grass
    -Ghost
    -Dragon
    -Flying
    -Electric
    -Rock

Obviously, at least a few of the Pokémon I'm going to get will be dual-typed. I just don't know which ones yet.

I'm also looking to get all Generation 6 Pokémon for the first time around (with the obvious exception of Squirtle). I usually open it up to previous generations the second time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    sylveon
    Vivillon unless butterfree is in the game
    squirtle or charmander cant decide
    skiddo
    inkay
    the 6th im unsure of yet i may switch it round a bit except squirtle or charmander they will certainly be in my party and inkay.

Back