• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Yeah, that's what I do. It also makes updating easier, as I just have to replace the unedited starter kit, then replace whatever files are needed in my game. Usually, it's just the scripts.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
Hey all, I've been lookin' around for a while for a good way to make a Pokemon game other than hacking and this seems to be a good bet. I DL'd the latest version (June. 2008) but the only problem is, I have no idea how it works or how to use it! I played through and it's absolutly amazing but I don't know how I can get my own game started. So my question is, it there a noob tutorial or something? I can assure you, it's not a bad thing that it's falling into my hands here. I have experience with GML and some bits of RPGXP's script language (can't remember what it's called, Ruby, maybe? :P). So can anyone help?

Do you have RPG Maker XP? This kit is not a standalone program, like with hacking, but is actually a project for RPG Maker XP. Oh, and you were pretty close with the programming language. Its a modified form of Ruby known as RGSS.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
Wow, the copying thing sound good to me. Mapping Pokemon games is a specialty of mine. ;D
And yes, I do have RPG Maker XP, not-hacked, official full version. :D

Oh RGSS, that's the one. xP, Thanks Glitch.

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
Do to that poccil isn't very active at his own site. He is working on the Pokemon essentials. Does any one have the attack.html when Im trying to add some tm's and Hm's and it says refer to attacks.html but its not in the any of the releases that i have had.

Thanks in advance.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
Do to that poccil isn't very active at his own site. He is working on the Pokemon essentials. Does any one have the attack.html when Im trying to add some tm's and Hm's and it says refer to attacks.html but its not in the any of the releases that i have had.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, were you talking to me, I'm a bit confused. Have I said something wrong? ^_^'

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
poccil,flameguru, this is the best kit in the universe.thanks for making it .yall will especialy earn a rightfull place in my game credits : )

Years
Hi,

I tried to put a script to modify the hour in the game, but I have some problems with it.

Here it is :
Spoiler:

I want to call the function pbHourIsSet? in a if by doing "if !$PokemonHour.pbHourIsSet?" but when I run the game, it says me

Spoiler:

Does anybody see the problem?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
yeahh how do i set the character in the intro er something look at my first post on this page -_- it has a picture.

go to the intro, find the part where it asks if your a boy or girl, then put this in
Comment: initializes player 0 (PlayerA)
script: pbChangePlayer(0)
comment: Shows the character's picture
script: pbShowPicture(2,pbGetPlayerGraphic,1,230,160)

but change them to fit your game.

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
go to the intro, find the part where it asks if your a boy or girl, then put this in
Comment: initializes player 0 (PlayerA)
script: pbChangePlayer(0)
comment: Shows the character's picture
script: pbShowPicture(2,pbGetPlayerGraphic,1,230,160)

but change them to fit your game.

thank you, but only the title screen shows up, says to click start, *click*, then it just goes and starts the game -_- i dont get to pick my characters name, figure, i dont talk to professor oak or anything :(

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 9, 2014
I know why. Make the starting position anywhere on the intro map instead of the place the game really starts at.

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
thank you ! lol that was simple explanation :)!

EDIT: i got a new error :( ill just take a pic and then post it in this post once i edit it

here is the error :(

when i was walking out of the room to go downstairs. -_-

2nsltuo.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
thank you, but only the title screen shows up, says to click start, *click*, then it just goes and starts the game -_- i dont get to pick my characters name, figure, i dont talk to professor oak or anything :(

then when you got the starter kit, you probably deleated ALL the maps, and forgot to leave the intro map. redownload the starter kit, copy the intro map, and place it in your project, then make sure that the player starting position is on that map.

thank you ! lol that was simple explanation :)!

EDIT: i got a new error :( ill just take a pic and then post it in this post once i edit it

here is the error :(

when i was walking out of the room to go downstairs. -_-

2nsltuo.png

go to the encounter file, and change the encounters of that map so that there arn't any, because the encounters for that map are set to cave, which is cousing pokemon battles to apear, when you have no pokemon. that's what that error means. (if you need help with your game, pm me, i could help salve the problems if you want.)

Last edited:

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
im sorry if someone already asked this but where is the exact line in poccil's scripts that allows you to change the starting postion of your character to match my maps? cant find exactly which script.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Go to the Intro Map and edit the only event on the map. Near the end, it will have a teleport, change it to the starting area (usually a room).

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
then when you got the starter kit, you probably deleated ALL the maps, and forgot to leave the intro map. redownload the starter kit, copy the intro map, and place it in your project, then make sure that the player starting position is on that map.

go to the encounter file, and change the encounters of that map so that there arn't any, because the encounters for that map are set to cave, which is cousing pokemon battles to apear, when you have no pokemon. that's what that error means. (if you need help with your game, pm me, i could help salve the problems if you want.)

uhmm i did that :) i got the intro map, and were is this encounters file for my room map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back