• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
I started hacking about 2 months ago and i was good at Mapping but horrible at Scripting. My major problem was (and still is) the fact that whenever I try to change Trainer Pokemon around their Movesets are completely screwed up! For example, if I wanted to edit Brock and give him an Aron, a Geodude and a Omanyte, I would change the number of Pokemon around and the Pokemon themselves. I wouldn't mess with the Moves at all! (Even though they say things like Rain Dance and Hyper Beam and what not) If I battle Brock however, his Omanyte knows Thunderpunch and Glare above all things. Does anyone know why this is happening? It stops me form enjoying Hacking and I would really like to fix it :( I don't have DEXTER though, if that is required. Thanks guys! Please post all hints!!!

boon

Normal Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2007
Can someone tell me how do I change the professor sprite in the
intro.?

DrDeath

Don't diss Magikarp
Years
I have changed pokemon sprites in Firered using UNlz GBA but I want to know how to change their names. Please help.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
OK here's my problem. I need to edit the pallette of the main hero's overworld sprites so I can insert my sprites. The problem is when I go into APE I don't know the pallette offset or sprite offset. Where can I find it for the overworld sprites and the battle sprites? An answer is appreciated. Thank you very much.

I have a second question. How do I make movement scripts. I want my character to be controlled by the computer when he steps on a certain tile. Can anyone give me the commands to make him move in different directions and an example script?

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
lol i should of known that. just didnt think about it. how do make new ones?
I don't think you can add them with Advance map, you would have to use a hex editor.

My question is: How to change the starters in Gold with a hex editor
How to Add events/Change them in Gold.

~Closed~
(Just Kidding)

Shade

Dark Knight
Years
  • Age 29
  • U.S.
  • Seen Jan 12, 2010
Does anyone know where I can get........

Does anyone know where I can get a Pokemon Ruby Text file that works with a-Text.:)

Years
I have one question. I am using a brand new laptop with windows vista. I try to access poketronic and it tells me I need a certain program. I downloaded that program and on vista I cannot find the "Run" option... Can you hep me please?

EDIT: I also try to play a hack, I activate it and the VBA screen goes completely white and I can't play. How do I fix this?

Last edited:

Rank1

Elite Trainer
Years
I'm using a PET to hack Fire Red's trainers, but I can't read their names, or their Pokemon's names. It has Trainer class like this: 08. \hBCBF\hBBCF\hCED3.

lookoutapiano

Banned
Years
OK i have searched the forum, google and evrywhere i can. i have evn looked in every thread in the tool box and i found a link to cyclone but its broken.

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME CYCLONE>>?? please
The toolbox does have a link to cyclone. Go to ROM Hacking->Toolbox->Temporary Tool Resource(thread)->Tool Archive(link)->RSE->CyclonePrototype.zip(file)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Is it posible by copying and pasting everything from a Red rom in a hex editor to a gold rom(in a hex editor)
and have a Remake?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
cooley said:
Is it posible by copying and pasting everything from a Red rom in a hex editor to a gold rom(in a hex editor)
and have a Remake?

No remember tile offsets and other offsets are different, red remakes are gold hacks that are close or exactly like the original Red/Blue version.

ChiefsFan said:
How are you able to change your rivals Pokemon in FR?

PET can have glitches so you have to select the attack above the one you want to get the move you want. Otherwise you would have to use hex.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
hi i have a problem. in my if i battle a wild pokemon and die before i get to the first pokemon centre i appear in cinnabar gym and my pokemon get healled. but i can fight blane. is there a way to fix this?
thanks in advance

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2009
hi

Hi i have a pokemon fire red rom and i want to edit it thow a mapeditor what one should i use.thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back