• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    No one answered my question before so i'll ask it again :P.

Does anyone know the palette offset for palette0 in Pokemon FireRed, when I change a palette offset the screen goes green with the tiles. So it's just a bunch of green squares.
    Do I have to edit the whole tileset to the colours after I edit it or does it change by itself?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2012
    First off you need to index that sprite by pasting over another sprite from Unlz.gba or Pokepic, then you insert the sprite. If the colour does not suit your liking then just change the palletes using APE or Hex.

This has been mentioned before, I think it has to do something with the cut trees, you might need to remove or repoint the script using hex.

1. Well I use TranslHextion but I go Script > Open Thingy Table...
    2. You might need a cry that has the same sort of bits as the one you replace so it can be difficult using that tool
    3. I assume this is for gold/silver, in hex go to the offset: 0x92388 and the the structure is [Name Pointer][X Pointer][Y Pointer]
    4. There is HFD, Tile Layer Pro and Agixp which can be useful sometimes. xD

Can you give me a link to all the things you mentioned
    and the map flying thing is also for leafgreen/firered

Shade

Dark Knight
    Years
  • Where can I.....

Where can I download a good mapping program for Pokemon Crystal?Thats in English:\

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • for some reason, after editing the hero sprite in ruby and messing around with the palletes, the hero now is in funny shades! I've changed it back but nothings happened!

♠εx

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    I have a question, probably answered before but I cant be bothered searching through 76 pages. I know how to change my map, but when I try to use fly or map view the towns don't show up where I want them to. How do I make them where I want them?

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
  • OK here's my problem. I need to edit the pallette of the main hero's overworld sprites so I can insert my sprites. The problem is when I go into APE I don't know the pallette offset or sprite offset. Where can I find it for the overworld sprites and the battle sprites? An answer is appreciated. Thank you very much.

I have a second question. How do I make movement scripts. I want my character to be controlled by the computer when he steps on a certain tile. Can anyone give me the commands to make him move in different directions and an example script?

Quote for Answer. I really need this.

Years
  • I don't know anything about the palletes and things like that. But I can answer your second question. The command is applymovement I'd give you an example if this were posted in the scripts/discussion thread but since it's not, I'll just let you know that there is an explanation of applymovement scripts in Irish Witch's and foulump's tutorials in the Documents and Tutorials section. (If you're just beginnning scripting try foulump's. It's easier to understand.)

♠εx

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    I have a problem, when I change my palettes in APE (ROM Loaded, right palette) and click replace, I load it in AdvanceMap and the palettes are still the same.
    What have I done wrong?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hi to you all...

I just wanna ask how can I change the tiles of my hack...

I tried, but there are parts of the grass that can't be changed.

Here's a sample...

hi3.png
    hi2.png
    hi1.png

Thanks in advance!!! =3

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • No one answered my question before so i'll ask it again :P.

Does anyone know the palette offset for palette0 in Pokemon FireRed, when I change a palette offset the screen goes green with the tiles. So it's just a bunch of green squares.
    Do I have to edit the whole tileset to the colours after I edit it or does it change by itself?
    you have to use Firered Colors when editing the tiles.
    Where can I download a good mapping program for Pokemon Crystal?Thats in English:\
    its called Crystallmap 1.1 I'll post a link later.
    Hi to you all...

Here's a sample...

hi3.png
    hi2.png
    hi1.png

Thanks in advance!!! =3

Try and make a new tile a save over it.
    By the way Nice Tiles:)!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    I need help with PokeScript

I am trying to script a celebi but I have no clue how PokeScript works.

How do I assign the event to the rom and get a script offset?

Rank1

Elite Trainer
    Years
  • I tried all the sites that TreekoLV100 had on his thread and I have no Amplifier 2006. Anyone know where I can get one? Besides from TreekoLV100's thread?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • im having trouble adding sprites i got from the internet

what happens is it changes the colors when i put them into my hack using pokepic

for example this riolu sprite i found:

sorry:( for the Double post, Instead of using pokepic You should use UNLZ there is a tutorial by Scizz in the documents and tuts Section.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Quote for Answer. I really need this.

Well the answer for that is to use a hex editor, just search for the palletes they tend to be the last on on tileset 1 in the advance gen...I think.

destinedjagold said:
    Hi to you all...

Here's a sample...

hi3.png
    hi2.png
    hi1.png

Thanks in advance!!! =3

Pallete changing, either use the method above or use APE by putting in the offset of where the tile palletes would be.

ratchet5 said:
    Can you give me a link to all the things you mentioned
    and the map flying thing is also for leafgreen/firered

Check the tool section, in the stickied thread. All the tools should be there. That method only works for GSC, FR/LG is completely different.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back