• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

...not a BAD movie, but not really a good one either. The franchise has quite a rich and detailed backstory/mythology, and I've always liked origin story-type films, so this was quite good. It was nice to see Bill Nighy back as Viktor, as wel - he was one of the few things I liked about the first film. But the story was predictable, the action scenes not quite as good as the second film, and it wasn't really all that engaging. I don't think the Underworld movies deserve the slamming critics have given them - as a franchise goes, whilst it isn't terribly original, thought has clearly gone into it - but...yeah, it's mediocre. That's the nicest way to put it.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Legion

It's an okay movie. Probably the best part is the one with the grandma, first time I saw that it was so freaky. Such a great scene haha.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • Fury.

As a soldier, I generally pick apart military movies for their inaccuracies and it drives me crazy because it's like, why didn't you just ask someone? All the soldiers in the world, just ask someone, hey, is this right?

Anyways, the movie was amazing. If you haven't seen it, go see it. If you're the type that cries, bring your tissues.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Universal Soldier

Great scenes with Dolph and Jean Claude. Although.. I probably mixed up some scenes of the first movie with one of it's sequels so I kept asking myself when is that scene gonna come!? :O

When it probably happened in the sequels instead x)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Torrente 5. The final entry of a crazy Spanish comedy series, filled with surreal actors and a lot of sex and poo jokes, which surprisingly (and for the best) dry up to a bare minimum in favour of action and actual serious comedy. The pair of Santiago Segura (Torrente) as the everything-but-a-hero and Alec Baldwin of all people as the villain is surprisingly nice, and all of Torrente's sidekicks do a remarkable job. I enjoyed it a lot, if well the people who used to love the series because yay nakes women are going to be disappointed.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Iron Monkey

Such an a-m-a-z-i-n-g movie! Ofc there was special effects used for the fight scene, but it's kung fu at it's finest. It's the tale of Robin Hood but set in China instead and with kung fu all over the place. You see different kung fu stances and all :)

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Raging Bull. wasn't too into it in the beginning but my god was I into it by the end. so disturbing, and an incredible character study. not sure how it got as much acclaim as it did though -- not sure what makes it better than other films from the '80s.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Session 9

Psychological horror about a group of asbestos removal crew that got a job in an abandoned psychiatric hospital. Very little to no gore at all and the frightening scenes are really well made. Overall, it's a very great movie that isn't really well known. The only downside is the rushed ending, but besides that, would definitely recommend if you're a thriller/horror fan.

gnmmarechal

Hurricane the Blaziken
    Years
  • the last movie I watched was Persona 3 The Movie #1 - Spring of Birth

It is based on the game Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3. An epic JRPG, I must say. Imagine it somewhat like Pokémon with a much darker theme. I love it. I absolutely love it.

Movie: 4/5

pkmin3033

It was on Film 4 last night, and there was nothing better on (well, Gotham was on the other side, but I'll be watching that this afternoon with my father) so I had it on...god, I forgot how BAD this movie was. It's absolute trash! It would be significantly better if it didn't have the crass attempts at humour, the dismally boring search for the second hour of the movie, and actually had more Autobots vs. Decepticon action in it. The fight scenes are impressive. But they're too short and there aren't enough of them. Won't be watching this again anytime soon.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • The Cave.

This is the only movie I have ever watched that has physically, mentally and emotionally bummed me out when it's finished. The ending of this movie is so bad, that I'm honestly not going to recommend it to anybody, and I'm not going to look at it ever again. I might just even cancel my Quickflix account and try and start a petition to burn all copies of The Cave in existence.

Houndour2005

Banned
    Years
  • Scary Movie 4

From the days of The Grudge and Brokeback Mountain.

Muppets Most Wanted

On a hilarous chase around Europe.

Jaws.

A classic

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Magnolia. what a masterpiece. 190 minutes of random vignettes and about 6 different subplots all going on, simultaneously, over the course of one day. and they're almost all incredibly sad. so emotional and so poignant. it was so good.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Annabelle

Pretty decent movie, got some really frightening scenes but most of it are cheap scares that depends on the scary noises rather than atmosphere, they also added some comedy factors into it, but not much which was pretty alright to me. Actors are meh and the only thing that connects this to the Conjuring is the couple at the beginning and the end of the movie when they are mentioned.

I'd say give it a watch, it's a decent horror movie.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • I've had a day of movie binging, so I've seen quite a few today.

- Resident Evil: Apocalypse
    I know people hate on the Resident Evil series, but I've always been a massive fan, and Mila Jovovich is quite appealing to look at, so I'd rate it. It's also got a good backstory for Nemesis, which I enjoy.​

- DOOM
    Again, people speak ill of this film-to-movie adaptation, but I rather enjoyed it. The Rock is great at what he does and I love the first person shooter style scene. Pinky demon ftw!​

- Hostel
    Seen it before, started watching it, got to the torture scene and just turned it off. It was absolutely vile, not the movie for me.​

- Underworld: Evolution
    Started watching it about five minutes ago, though I've seen it before and I absolutely adore the Underworld series. Kate Beckinsale <3​

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Female Convict Scorpion

A revenge story that is based on the japanese comic (Not sure if it's a manga or a graphic novel)

Story is an everyday normal guy gets framed into killing the sister of her husband and she learns about surviving by the use of violence in prison, and when she gets out, she seeks revenge of the ruthless mobs that put her in the situation she currently is. A lot of very weird scene, which did not surprise me because it is after all a Japanese movie. It's an alright movie, might not appeal to everyone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back