• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
  • i tried using
    spriteinvisible 0xFF 0x3 0x0
    and it worked...but the player still stayed for, like, 2 seconds before disappearing. how would i fix that?
    problem 2. i changed the pallete of the help screen, and it worked except for the intro. how did that happen?
    and one more thing. is there a tutorial on hex editing the prof. oak intro?

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2013
    When i extract tileset from A-map it doesnt give me empty space why ?

That's the tileset. Maybe you want to extract the block, which is not possible. If you want free tileset space you should extract tileset 2.

tinix

PearlShipper & C Programmer
    Years
  • okay i've managed to get new tiles into a-map but they are glitched how do i fix them (yes i looked on tutorials)
    tileset 0 how it should look
    tileset 1 how it looks in a-map

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, that means the pallette of the PC doesn't match the pallette of the tileset. Did you recolour your PC to fit the tileset exactly? As in, exact RGB values? Because, even with 1 or 2 off, it still goes wrong.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    nope i did not done that im going to try it

It works, and every tile tutorial does mention something along those lines. You should really read things more thoroughly. It is easier (well, on the eye) to change the pallette AFTER recolouring the tiles (so, keep the default pallette, then recolour the tiles to fit, then change the Tileset pallette), so you can tell what you have done.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • I haven't hacked in a while, so here's a simple question for you: in-game, my maps' names don't show up when I enter them. For example, as soon as I enter TOWN1, the name "TOWN1" is supposed to show up in the corner, but it doesn't. I've checked Advance Map and the option "Show name on entering" is checked. Is this a permanent glitch, or can it be fixed?

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • i'm confused. i changed the titlescreen background, edited palette, worked perfectly.
    inserted pokemon, had same colours as logo, even after editing the palette. so i palette edited the logo, and the pokemon was fine, the logo was messed up. how do i fix this?
    oh, and my other question near the top of the page too...

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    What's the largest size a trainer sprite can be? I need to figure out how to put the trainers in and this would really help.

Using R/S/Fr/Lg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    hey I am making a hack and every time I try to start the game, it won't let me go past the name choosing screen. Is there any way to fix this?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    What's the largest size a trainer sprite can be? I need to figure out how to put the trainers in and this would really help.

Using R/S/Fr/Lg

um...
    64x64...

I haven't hacked in a while, so here's a simple question for you: in-game, my maps' names don't show up when I enter them. For example, as soon as I enter TOWN1, the name "TOWN1" is supposed to show up in the corner, but it doesn't. I've checked Advance Map and the option "Show name on entering" is checked. Is this a permanent glitch, or can it be fixed?

Maybe, as soon as you enter the map, the player steps on a script tile?
    Or maybe it's caused by a level script of the map?
    not sure...

xGGxToiZ

>.//:SO HOT:\\.<
    Years
  • Help?!

I saw a weird command in Pokémon Ruby while viewing with XSE.
    The command was : "setmapfooter".
    In the script :
    . . .
    setmapfooter 0x139
    . . .
    I looked for it in XSE's command db and said:
    setmapfooter
    Bytes needed: . . . - footer #

I found this in the Level Script where Groudon was supposed to wake up.

So question, how does it work? And can someone tell me what the heck are footer #'s. (Hmm a list, maybe? Hehe ^^)

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    Can I have some help??
    I made an item called an 'Origin Statue' out of one of the countless ???????? items on the list and turned it into an evolution item. I made sure every stat available through Item Editor and Item Manager was the same as a Leaf Stone(except index and price, and that it was a Key Item) then made one of the ? Pokemon (edited into Altered Forme Giratina) use it to evolve into Poochyena(edited into Origin Forme Giratina) through EvolutionEd. I made a description for it with Advance Text. However, in game when I take the item then go to my Key Items pocket, the game freezes. I tried changing it to an Item and the description but it still just crashes.

What have I done wrong?

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2010
    This sorta frustrating because I know I've done it before, but the data is lost. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong in this Pokescript to pick up an item off the ground? I've looked online but I just see how to get another person to give you an item. Thanks
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    quick question. Is it possible to... for example, copy and paste a tree so I dont have to make it tile by tile? it's rather annoying doing that...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    quick question. Is it possible to... for example, copy and paste a tree so I dont have to make it tile by tile? it's rather annoying doing that...

CTRL + right click. Hold CTRL as you right click and drag across the tiles you want to copy.

This sorta frustrating because I know I've done it before, but the data is lost. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong in this Pokescript to pick up an item off the ground? I've looked online but I just see how to get another person to give you an item. Thanks
    Spoiler:

First of all, use the Script Help thread. Secondly, you'll probably get more help if you use XSE, which is by far the better scripting tool.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • i tried using
    spriteinvisible 0xFF 0x3 0x0
    and it worked...but the player still stayed for, like, 2 seconds before disappearing. how would i fix that?
    problem 2. i changed the pallete of the help screen, and it worked except for the intro. how did that happen?
    and one more thing. is there a tutorial on hex editing the prof. oak intro?

bumping is fun.......................

i'm confused. i changed the titlescreen background, edited palette, worked perfectly.
    inserted pokemon, had same colours as logo, even after editing the palette. so i palette edited the logo, and the pokemon was fine, the logo was messed up. how do i fix this?
    oh, and my other question near the top of the page too...

once more, i shall bump...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back