• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
  • I have just figured out what has been bugging me for a long time. For some reason scripts don't work if the movement permission is not on "C". So that why scripts on bridges, or on mountains have been giving me such an headache. I think there is an unknown value I have to change to match the movement permission. Dose anyone know where, and what values must be set to match movement permission?
    Bumping my question. I looked every where in the orignal fr game. I could not find a script that is not on a "C" movement permission.

Years

• You can use a program called Shinyzer. I believe that HackMew made it. You should've been more specific on what game though, because there are several gameshark codes for Pokemon which can do that. I'll ask my question again:

But doesnt Shinyizer make every pokemon shiny?
    I only wanted to increase the amount of shiny's that are encountered.

And the game is Pokemon Emerald, US i think.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Bumping my question. I looked every where in the orignal fr game. I could not find a script that is not on a "C" movement permission.

I just checked too and found the same thing, which is very weird.

Might be worth checking through a hack and look to see if happens and works in any of them (maybe Shiny Gold or something).

If the movement tile below isn't too important though I guess you could always just throw a C beneath it XD.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Now, my question: I tried to insert my .s file in Sappy, and it said "File not Found". Why is that?

Have you accidentally associated it with something like Notepad? I remember reading somewhere (perhaps a readme) that if you associate .s files with anything Mid2agb/Sappy won't be able to recognize them. Maybe it was only mid2agb, but.. it might work. *shrug*

Years
  • Hi Im Currently Hacking Fire Red
    And I Just Need To Know
    What The Script Is For Starting A Wild Battle With Deoxys Is
    Because I want To try Out My New Sprite

It would go something like this:

Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @1 0x6
    cry 0x19A 0x0
    wildbattle 0x19A 0x32 0x0
    fadescreen 0x1
    fadescreen 0x0
    hidesprite 0x800F
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

#org @1
    = Deoxys: Raaarrgghh!

That should make a wildbattle with a lvl 50 Deoxys. (Compile in XSE)

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years

• But doesnt Shinyizer make every pokemon shiny?
    I only wanted to increase the amount of shiny's that are encountered.

And the game is Pokemon Emerald, US i think.
    Read hackmews tut on how he makes a pokemon shinny. You will find out that if a pokemons value is 0-7 it is shiny. instead of changing it. make an asm routine that stores the vaule into a var. then compare that var so if 8-20 (higher chance of shiny pokemon this way) it will make the pokemon shiny.

Ask me if you need more of an explanation. I am not sure if I will be able to come up with the asm routines my self. (I might get close)

So you will need to make the routines your self so this might be a challenge.

So what you will need to make
    Asm routine that stores the PID and SID (forgot which one) into a var
    A script that compares 8-20 if true Asm routien which changes pokemon into a shinny one.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    No. I didn't associate the .s file with any programs, whatsoever.

That's what happens. It gives me a runtime error, than crashes. All I can do is copy songs from one game to another. I think it might have to do with the .ocx files I installed. :\

I have an actual installer for Sappy if you want to try it. It automatically puts in the .ocx files and such that you need, I believe.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    i have a couple questions involving OWs and scripting. If i want to add a rival, would i just replace one of the OWs to the rival ones i made. and how would i add the rival naming part for this extra rival? also, if a player chooses choose a girl, how do i program the game to change the rival from a boy to a girl?

Omega Zero

Is back...
    Years
  • i have a couple questions involving OWs and scripting. If i want to add a rival, would i just replace one of the OWs to the rival ones i made. and how would i add the rival naming part for this extra rival? also, if a player chooses choose a girl, how do i program the game to change the rival from a boy to a girl?
    --> Checkgender is your answer

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2010
    Ha Ha... ive been looking for quite a while on how to take money away from the player using poketscript but for some reason i cant find the answer anywhere... i know its possible using xse but im not familliar with the program... so here i am desperate after hours of searching to ask this question. it would be appriciated if there was a response.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Please? Does anyone know an alternate footprint editor or the offsets for unlz. or something?

Now, judging by unlz, I doubt they are in there (unless you do that Deep Scan thing... I know it isn't in there normally, as I have seen all the offsets in unlz for 1 specific thing that wasn't there anyway). You may have to try Tile Molester, and look through every part of it. If it isn't in there, it is no biggie, as there are more crucial things to do in hacking.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023

Now, judging by unlz, I doubt they are in there (unless you do that Deep Scan thing... I know it isn't in there normally, as I have seen all the offsets in unlz for 1 specific thing that wasn't there anyway). You may have to try Tile Molester, and look through every part of it. If it isn't in there, it is no biggie, as there are more crucial things to do in hacking.
    OK, thanks for the advice.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Please? Does anyone know an alternate footprint editor or the offsets for unlz. or something?

Well... you should know that unLZ is a LZ77 compressed graphics editor. Footprints are not compressed, so you can't use unLZ.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2010
    this is my first time using xse so can you tell me why this script isnt working...
    #dynamic 0x71A334

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    message @order
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org @order
    = Buy Chimecho's!
    givepokemon 0x441 0x5 0x13 0x0 0x0 0x0
    paymoney 0x1000 0x0
    All i want is to be able to buy pokemon... i dont need another script when the pokemon has been given

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back