• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Xerneas can also disturb the ecosystem by saving TOO Many lives..
    There needs to be a balance between life and death rate etc lol

I have actually thought about that part as well.
    But Xerneas just doesn't sound that irrational, just my thoughts tho.

The villain parties could have tricked Xerneas or even control it like how Ghetsis controlled Kyurem.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2015
    I would like to see how they could possibly make Xerenes seem "evil" , since Yvetal the poor thing is only one that screams villain. If they plan to have both legendaries be involved in the plot that is.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I would like to see how they could possibly make Xerenes seem "evil" , since Yvetal the poor thing is only one that screams villain. If they plan to have both legendaries be involved in the plot that is.

[supporter]OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire[/supporter] and janejane6178's words made me think too, like what if the villain team are going to corrupt Xerneas?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I have actually thought about that part as well.
    But Xerneas just doesn't sound that irrational, just my thoughts tho.

The villain parties could have tricked Xerneas or even control it like how Ghetsis controlled Kyurem.

Well Xerneas would be destroying the balance by bringing back dead people (like AZ's Floette). It doesn't have to be something evil for it to disrupt the balance. The next Pokemon game(s) could end up having a more Grey morality if they go along with what I said.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Well Xerneas would be destroying the balance by bringing back dead people (like AZ's Floette). It doesn't have to be something evil for it to disrupt the balance. The next Pokemon game(s) could end up having a more Grey morality if they go along with what I said.

Thanks for the reminder buddy. I had this idea of Xerneas = kind= gives life. I have missed the fact that too much is going to cause imbalance no matter how good the intentions are. In Xerneas' case, no matter how angelic he is (at least that's how majority of us sees him as), bringing back the deceased is actually is an imbalance (from real world logic) albeit the damage is minimum. I wonder how is Game Freak going to take the topic of life and death to a higher level, considering Pokémon games are for all ages.

I wonder if we are getting a Dark-type Gym in these games? Chances are sheer but we really need at least one. I know there have been fan speculations around, but those aren't official responses. We've got a Dark-type as our main mascot for the Y version. So why not a Dark-type Gym?

Years
  • Thanks for the reminder buddy. I had this idea of Xerneas = kind= gives life. I have missed the fact that too much is going to cause imbalance no matter how good the intentions are. In Xerneas' case, no matter how angelic he is (at least that's how majority of us sees him as), bringing back the deceased is actually is an imbalance (from real world logic) albeit the damage is minimum. I wonder how is Game Freak going to take the topic of life and death to a higher level, considering Pokémon games are for all ages.

I wonder if we are getting a Dark-type Gym in these games? Chances are sheer but we really need at least one. I know there have been fan speculations around, but those aren't official responses. We've got a Dark-type as our main mascot for the Y version. So why not a Dark-type Gym?
    Perhaps Valerie will be replaced with a Dark type gym leader to contrast with her Fairy type.

There is a Hindu legend in which Shiva (Yvetal's inspiration...) killed Yama (a fellow god of death) which caused the world to become inbalanced, so either Brahma (Xerneas's inspiration), or Vishnu (Zygarde) had him bring him back to life to restart death.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Perhaps Valerie will be replaced with a Dark type gym leader to contrast with her Fairy type.

There is a Hindu legend in which Shiva (Yvetal's inspiration...) killed Yama (a fellow god of death) which caused the world to become inbalanced, so either Brahma (Xerneas's inspiration), or Vishnu (Zygarde) had him bring him back to life to restart death.

Something like that would be great.

I thought Xerneas was based on the Yggdrasil tree, seems like I'm wrong. xD That's an interesting idea, but since it involves 4 legends and 2 death god, I wonder if Yveltal's going run amok and eventually 'killing' Zygarde instead and Xerneas is going to bring Zygarde back to life in the next Gen VI games?

Years
  • Something like that would be great.

I thought Xerneas was based on the Yggdrasil tree, seems like I'm wrong. xD That's an interesting idea, but since it involves 4 legends and 2 death god, I wonder if Yveltal's going run amok and eventually 'killing' Zygarde instead and Xerneas is going to bring Zygarde back to life in the next Gen VI games?
    Maybe Yvetal will die... think about it, if it doesn't take lives it'll die. Just look at it's Y dex entry which mentions it has to replenish it's life every 1000 or so years. If they do 2 versions though it'll worrk best for X's sequel/direct prequel seeing how Yvetal appears somewhat revitalized in Y. In a single third version/prequel Yvetal could be kidnapped and left without the ability to absorb souls. In the end Zygarde will appear and scare off/ battle the evil team while Xerneas releases Yvetal/revives it. Or perhaps Zygrade will absorb some of Yvetal and Xerneas' power to keep the balance. It seems unlikely to happen though as talking about mortality could scare GF.

It's likely that Xerneas is based on Yggdrasil too as well as the dear eating it's leaves. Same with Yvetal and the eagle and Zygarde with the serpents. Legends seem to have multiple possible interpretations as to what their inspiration was (I think Giratina is a mix of Susano'O (who was expelled by his father Izanagi (Spear Pillar being a reference to the creation of Japan itself. If Arceus is Izanagi the Dialga is likely Amaterasu and Palkia being Tsukuyomi. The Lake trio appear based on the regalia (Mirror (U), Jewel (M), Sword (A)) to Yomi which if you recall Giratina seems to be related to death appearing at graveyards. At the same time Giratina seems to be based on Satan at least in bodily symbolism.
    Interestingly there are two serpents so Zygarde's forms could end up based on each one. One could be Ground/Poison (as one has very poisonous breath) and the other will keep it's typing. The Ground/Poison one will be the opposite of Xerneas and the other the opposite to Yvetal (using Thousand Arrows to be able to fight it).

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Maybe Yvetal will die... think about it, if it doesn't take lives it'll die. Just look at it's Y dex entry which mentions it has to replenish it's life every 1000 or so years. If they do 2 versions though it'll worrk best for X's sequel/direct prequel seeing how Yvetal appears somewhat revitalized in Y. In a single third version/prequel Yvetal could be kidnapped and left without the ability to absorb souls. In the end Zygarde will appear and scare off/ battle the evil team while Xerneas releases Yvetal/revives it. Or perhaps Zygrade will absorb some of Yvetal and Xerneas' power to keep the balance. It seems unlikely to happen though as talking about mortality could scare GF.

It's likely that Xerneas is based on Yggdrasil too as well as the dear eating it's leaves. Same with Yvetal and the eagle and Zygarde with the serpents. Legends seem to have multiple possible interpretations as to what their inspiration was (I think Giratina is a mix of Susano'O (who was expelled by his father Izanagi (Spear Pillar being a reference to the creation of Japan itself. If Arceus is Izanagi the Dialga is likely Amaterasu and Palkia being Tsukuyomi. The Lake trio appear based on the regalia (Mirror (U), Jewel (M), Sword (A)) to Yomi which if you recall Giratina seems to be related to death appearing at graveyards. At the same time Giratina seems to be based on Satan at least in bodily symbolism.
    Interestingly there are two serpents so Zygarde's forms could end up based on each one. One could be Ground/Poison (as one has very poisonous breath) and the other will keep it's typing. The Ground/Poison one will be the opposite of Xerneas and the other the opposite to Yvetal (using Thousand Arrows to be able to fight it).

9/10 for this idea, I love this idea as well. It's different from the good 'ol legend rivalries. I don't know how to word it, but the next Pokémon games definitely need something that can truly emphasize the relationships and balance of the trio.

While Volcanion in game role/plot isn't that as big as the XYZ trio. I wonder what's Volcanion's story? Kalos doesn't have any active volcano as far as I know, while Hoenn does and Volcanion should have been released on OrAs if it switched its numerical dex order with Hoopa :( ..

'Volcanion is related to the Lumiose City blackouts.' Something that made me 'whut'. lol
    Spoiler:

I hope these videos will help us to speculate Volcanion's role on the third version.

Last edited:

Years
  • So it seems that Zygarde will be featured in the next movie likely indicating we'll see the next Kalos adventure soon (sometime next year though, possibly February with an announcement by this year's end.) since the third versions since Crystal plus B2W2 have come out around the time of the movie featuring it's mascot. Likely we'll see Volcanion so the games after Zygarde's will probably come out by 2017.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years

• 'Volcanion is related to the Lumiose City blackouts.' Something that made me 'whut'. lol

Where'd you hear that? It wasn't mentioned in the videos you embedded…

Spoiler:

I hope these videos will help us to speculate Volcanion's role on the third version.

Wait, WHAT?!?!? How in the Pokémon multiverse did Volcanion get to Johto and Sinnoh!?!

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Where'd you hear that? It wasn't mentioned in the videos you embedded…

Wait, WHAT?!?!? How in the Pokémon multiverse did Volcanion get to Johto and Sinnoh!?!

Bulbapedia. I'm sorry, I should have made it clear! Lumiose has open sewers, so it's not that strange if Volcanion is involve with the blackout.

As Nah mentioned, Hoopa the prankster might have brought Volcanion to the portal. or [supporter]OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire[/supporter] said it swam its way to different regions. It's a Pokémon that can blow up a whole mountain, it might mean that Volcanion isn't your Kalos-only folklore Pokémon.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • Bulbapedia. I'm sorry, I should have made it clear! Lumiose has open sewers, so it's not that strange if Volcanion is involve with the blackout.

As Nah mentioned, Hoopa the prankster might have brought Volcanion to the portal. or [supporter]OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire[/supporter] said it swam its way to different regions. It's a Pokémon that can blow up a whole mountain, it might mean that Volcanion isn't your Kalos-only folklore Pokémon.

OK, both those ideas make sense. I bet Volcanion would probably take a Hoopa portal over having to swim all the way any day, though!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back