• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
An autumn release doesn't feel right to me. It's a feeling based on nothing though lol, we really haven't got any clear indicators of anything right now. At the moment i think it's going to go down like this:

Superbowl Ad = Pokemon GO promotion, with possible hint at a link between the app and a future mainstream game ;)
CoroCoro = New Volcanion form, movie title, maybe another clue for a game in the form of a screenshot or something
27th Feb (or thereabouts) = Announcement of Pokemon Z
May-June = Worldwide release of Pokemon Z

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
An autumn release doesn't feel right to me. It's a feeling based on nothing though lol, we really haven't got any clear indicators of anything right now. At the moment i think it's going to go down like this:

Superbowl Ad = Pokemon GO promotion, with possible hint at a link between the app and a future mainstream game ;)
CoroCoro = New Volcanion form, movie title, maybe another clue for a game in the form of a screenshot or something

Doesn't that seem a little early considering the European release of Super Mystery Dungeon? Nintendo is known for switching between rushed and well-thought release dates but I don't expect a Z before the end of this year, if it ever comes. I think the 3DS will get 2 more major releases and a spin-off. The DS got Diamond/Pearl, Heartgold/SoulSilver, Black/White, Black 2/White 2 and a shitload of spin-offs, something the 3DS probably won't get.

Years
Doesn't that seem a little early considering the European release of Super Mystery Dungeon? Nintendo is known for switching between rushed and well-thought release dates but I don't expect a Z before the end of this year, if it ever comes. I think the 3DS will get 2 more major releases and a spin-off. The DS got Diamond/Pearl, Heartgold/SoulSilver, Black/White, Black 2/White 2 and a ****load of spin-offs, something the 3DS probably won't get.

I don't think the spin-offs have any bearing on when main games are released. Pokken is coming in March and i still don't think that will affect anything. As for the 3DS, i think it's going to get Z and gen 7 will come with the NX.

I agree with what was said on the last page - i think Z has been delayed, for whatever reason. Right now everything is screaming Z at us, and it's clear they've had all this Z related stuff in the works for a while. The Z arc should be coming to a climax around the time the movie releases, so it doesn't make much sense to have it released much later than that.

I've said it before, Pokemon Z is already a foregone conclusion for me. The question is, will it be released in the summer or the autumn?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Doesn't that seem a little early considering the European release of Super Mystery Dungeon? Nintendo is known for switching between rushed and well-thought release dates but I don't expect a Z before the end of this year, if it ever comes. I think the 3DS will get 2 more major releases and a spin-off. The DS got Diamond/Pearl, Heartgold/SoulSilver, Black/White, Black 2/White 2 and a ****load of spin-offs, something the 3DS probably won't get.

I don't really see how a Fall 2016 release for "Z" is too early for the European release of SMD. SMD comes out on February 19th in Europe, which would put it about 7-9 months before "Z"s hypothetical fall release. Also I think the 3DS situation with Gen 6 is different from the DS with Gens 4 and 5. The NX will most likely get a release sometime next year as they are supposed to be talking about it at this year's E3... so if there are any remaining Gen 6 main series games that are meant for the 3DS, it's probably best that it or they are released before the end of this year.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years

I would say the biggest hint to when it releases will be when it's announced. The third/sequel versions to the original pair usually takes four months between reveal and release, at least it was that way with the most recent two.

Actually I think Volcanion's new forme won't be officially revealed until June (if it gets one) based on the fact that Shaymin and Keldeo's formes were revealed then. But considering both those two were first officially revealed in their known forme in February then perhaps Volcanion's new forme will be shown four months from it's reveal too (in this case April).

I wouldn't be surprised if it were October. This October we'll have the 20th anniversary of the first third version (in Japan).

Years
I can't stop thinking about the "major annoncement that affect the entire world" thing. At the very least it means we're getting something new, something we haven't seen before. The only things i can think of that haven't yet been revealed are 1) Pokemon Z, 2) Volcanion's alternate forme and 3) Eternal flower Floette.

A lot of people have said that it's unlikely that Z will be revealed by CoroCoro, so that leaves the other two unless they're going to catch us completely off guard and introduce a brand new pokemon (unlikely imo). Eternal flower Floette isn't something that would be earth shaking, but an alternate Volcanion forme would imo, be literally earth shaking (in the pokemon world, obviously).

IIRC, wasn't one of Mewtwo's mega evolved forms introduced by CoroCoro for a Pokemon movie not long before the announcement of X and Y? I remember flipping out haha.

Edit: I didn't recall correctly lol, it was revealed after the announcement of x and y. Still though, CoroCoro are giving us something new imo! :)

Last edited:

Years
I can't stop thinking about the "major annoncement that affect the entire world" thing. At the very least it means we're getting something new, something we haven't seen before. The only things i can think of that haven't yet been revealed are 1) Pokemon Z, 2) Volcanion's alternate forme and 3) Eternal flower Floette.

A lot of people have said that it's unlikely that Z will be revealed by CoroCoro, so that leaves the other two unless they're going to catch us completely off guard and introduce a brand new pokemon (unlikely imo). Eternal flower Floette isn't something that would be earth shaking, but an alternate Volcanion forme would imo, be literally earth shaking (in the pokemon world, obviously).

IIRC, wasn't one of Mewtwo's mega evolved forms introduced by CoroCoro for a Pokemon movie not long before the announcement of X and Y? I remember flipping out haha.

Edit: I didn't recall correctly lol, it was revealed after the announcement of x and y. Still though, CoroCoro are giving us something new imo! :)
I believe so, yeah. It was before the reveal of Megas too.

Perhaps it could be a new mon. I decided to do some research, and Munchlax was revealed two months before Destiny Deoxys. It's worth noting that Emerald came out four months after Munchlax's reveal. So a new Pokémon being announced before the release of Z is possible, without it being Gen VI.5 . Ho-oh itself was revealed back in 1997...well I don't think they had revealed it's name though back then as 1997 according to a friend was the year of speculation of Pokémon 2 (aka GS).

Also I am quite certain that we'll get a title reveal. Perhaps it'll be the complete title, which has never been done as far as I'm aware. Usually around this time we would have half of the title known at least that's how the past dozen or so movies have done it (not sure about those pre Gen IV). Perhaps the title will reveal something big about Zygarde.

Last edited:
Years
It would be really cool if we got a new pokemon. I'd love it tbh. The only issue would be that they would have to give us an announcement of something soon after, because otherwise we'd all go crazy because some would believe it's gen 6.5 and some gen 7 and there'd be a lot of... debating. xD

Hopefully the next two weeks will pass quickly so we can have a February filled with news.

Sword Master

You underestimate my power!
Years
Well if we are going to get a spring announcement and then a October release that would make sense, but what would make more sense is to announce in Jan-Feb so the hype can slowly build up, and it would be the first Pokemon in a year (unlike B2W2) so announcing it earlier would make more sense.

Something tells me we are going to be surprised by Pokemon Z.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
I agree that the "major announcement" might be something that hasn't been revealed yet... otherwise why call it an announcement? Although since Serebii said that it pertains to the movie, I'm betting it's likely a new Forme, Mega, or brand-new Pokemon from Gen 7.

This is highly unlikely... but I had this theory that America would get a "Z" announcement during the Super Bowl commercial on the same weekend that it's announced on Pokenchi in Japan. Then all of the official websites are updated with the info, and then CoroCoro comes out with the additional info.

Years
I agree that the "major announcement" might be something that hasn't been revealed yet... otherwise why call it an announcement? Although since Serebii said that it pertains to the movie, I'm betting it's likely a new Forme, Mega, or brand-new Pokemon from Gen 7.

This is highly unlikely... but I had this theory that America would get a "Z" announcement during the Super Bowl commercial on the same weekend that it's announced on Pokenchi in Japan. Then all of the official websites are updated with the info, and then CoroCoro comes out with the additional info.
If Pokenchi is going to have news then next week's episode should hint at it since it's coming out in two weeks. If they do reveal it there then the Super Bowl commercial won't be needed for us, as it's Saturday here when it's shown there.

But considering Corocoro said movie...it'll likely skip this upcoming issue in terms of game news. Or perhaps the commercial will hint at big news coming on the 27th of February. As you said before, GF will likely be announcing games from now on using a more worldwide medium, compared to past Generations. So Social media, or a WW Direct might be our best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back