• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alcohol

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • Nope, I'm good. I tried alcohol at my work's holiday dinner party recently and it was absolutely bleh. No interest in drinking more often really, always been happy with my water or tea. :'p
    What type of alcohol was it? You should definitely try a cocktail or two -- they're a bit expensive but are delicious. They're not like your typical beer or cider.

Years
  • I don't normally drink just because I don't tend to keep alcoholic things around (just never think to look for any, plus prices and all that), and don't tend to hang around people who do, and I don't like the taste of harder stuff normally, but if offered anything sweet, fruity, anything along those lines...I will take it. Wine coolers, sangria, uhh...anything like that, really. The one exception to this rule is fireball whiskey, despite it not being like the other things I like, I will gladly take it if ever offered. :')

I've actually been wanting to buy some lately, but that's mostly due to catching glimpse of a black cherry hard lemonade while at a pizza hut the other week, and thinking that that seemed really good...and now I want some of that.

But to show how much I tend to drink, I could actually list the two times last year I actually had a chance to drink. First time was back in May, trying out sangria at the brazilian steakhouse I was at, and then in November, when I was visiting someone for Thanksgiving and she had alcohol available...heh. Most years I'm lucky enough to have just one chance to drink, since I really do not think to look for any for myself anymore.

And no, I've never actually gotten drunk. A mild buzz at the most.

Years
  • I do drink sometimes, though I stick to mainly a few flavors of beer, margaritas, wine, or wine coolers. I also do White Russians and Slippery Nipples (I wonder if PC will bleep out that word). One year I drank waaaay too much Disaronno, had a really bad hangover, and couldn't eat or drink anything sweet for a week. So that really turned me off any really sweet liquor, even now. I drink small amounts when I do drink it. lol

Sweet liquors are killers and give terrible hangovers. They're heavy for the stomach, because of high amounts of sugar. This is meant to drink only for taste. But you already know that :P

Wine in the other hand gives terrible headache and dizzy feeling, at least for me.

Like I said before, for me the clean stuff is the best stuff to get tipsy/drunk.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Sweet liquors are killers and give terrible hangovers. They're heavy for the stomach, because of high amounts of sugar. This is meant to drink only for taste. But you already know that :P

Wine in the other hand gives terrible headache and dizzy feeling, at least for me.

Like I said before, for me the clean stuff is the best stuff to get tipsy/drunk.

Hahahaha yes, I only get tipsy on beer nowadays. Maaaaybe wine coolers, however I only like one or two at a time.

I suppose if I wanted to get tipsy on something sweet, Margaritas might be okay, but I've admittedly never made my own, I only drink them occasionally at restaurants or bars.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Occasionally. Not so long ago it was a pretty regular thing, ended up somewhere between tipsy and drunk every weekend this past summer. Now-a-days, the boyfriend and I hardly ever 'bother.'

I have been drunk. Twice. Never had a hangover, though. And I only got sick once; had some nasty Chinese food and then decided a few hours later I should have a few shots. I make the best decisions.

The first time was my first time drinking - I was 16, at my sister's wedding, and there was an open bar. My other two sisters and one of my brother-in-laws actively encouraged me.. by bringing me about 7 vodka & teas by the time the bar closed at 11. When my mom told us they had closed the bar, my sister 'stole' her vodka & tea and gave it to me, lol.
    The second time was a little more recently. This past summer, I did about 6-7 shots of strawberry vodka in an hour and a half. I'd have a story for that, too, if I remembered anything other than the beginning of the movie we were watching at the time, and a strong craving for McDonald's breakfast.

If I'm drinking to get drunk, it's usually just shots of vodka. Vodka and I are buddies.
    If we're drinking for pleasure or whatever (like with dinner/movies; as if we go outside or attend social gatherings), it's more likely hard root beer/teas/lemonades. Or raspberry tea with vodka.
    Boyfriend has some apple whiskey or something, too, and that makes for a good back-up if I'm out of vodka. Some tequilas were okay, can't remember any brand names, though. Not really a big fan of wine or champagne, too acidic for my tummy. Just gives me heartburn.

I'm not big on the idea of going to a bar, and we don't have a large circle of friends, so we mostly stick with the staples.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I don'T really.. I hate the taste. I hate the feeling. And I have some pretty big placebo effects (like if I know I have a sip of alcohol, I'll immediately have a feeling)

Years
  • Hahahaha yes, I only get tipsy on beer nowadays. Maaaaybe wine coolers, however I only like one or two at a time.

I suppose if I wanted to get tipsy on something sweet, Margaritas might be okay, but I've admittedly never made my own, I only drink them occasionally at restaurants or bars.

To be honest, I've never made any drink on my own. The only one I drank was Whiskey with Coke and ice haha, I stopped drinking Coke long ago though. The idea of mixing alcohol with fizzy drinks makes me even more sick. I don't go to bars and restaurants for drinks, because they're expensive as hell there. I would rather invite buddies to my house and have couple of shots there.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ay, I'm a drinker. I'm an all-or-nothing drinker, though. I rarely ever drink casually. If I'm drinking, I want to get slammed or just not bother at all. My drink of choice is Crown and Coke, but I also like Fireball, vodka/cranberry, and straight Crown Apple. Wine is pretty good too, but I can't stand the dry stuff. Not a huge fan of beer, but Yeungling and Natty is my choice if I have to have one. There's a brewery here that has some good stuff too, though. I'll usually grab one of their beer samplers if I go there with someone. I also used to bartend at a country club, so there's that as well.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Yes I do. I usually stick to dry white wine, though I'm willing to drink other kinds of alcoholic drinks if I feel like it.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Aah yeah, I do rum and Coke sometimes. Also a family friend got me into Angry Orchard hard cider recently. Hard lemonade is good, too. Kinda like mixing vodka Sprite, and pomegranate juice together.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    At least among the people I've encountered on PC; I'm a bit of a rare find...

I actually won't drink any form of alcohol at all. It's too dangerous for me, in my opinion to do so as my family history has addictions to it on both sides of the family pretty heavily.

You know I understand this thought completely. I myself tried it a few times just because I wouldn't allow myself to be held down by my parents sins. I drink occasionally and have yet to have any issues but that's me. I wouldn't say to do it, we each cut out our own path in life.

Years
  • I drink a glass of wine maybe once a month, if at all. Usually it's during special occasions/holidays.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I've never tried it and I don't like the smell it gives off.

Years
  • Ay, I'm a drinker. I'm an all-or-nothing drinker, though. I rarely ever drink casually. If I'm drinking, I want to get slammed or just not bother at all.

That's what most of people in my country are like. Though some of them tend to do that almost everyday haha.

Aah yeah, I do rum and Coke sometimes. Also a family friend got me into Angry Orchard hard cider recently. Hard lemonade is good, too. Kinda like mixing vodka Sprite, and pomegranate juice together.

Rum and Coke is heavy, tried it only once and it was too sweet for me.

Sometimes I mix tea with vodka/spirit, which I call the tea with flow. It's very warming, especially when you come back to home from freezing weather.

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
  • I don't drink much. In part, it's because I'm still "underage" for the next 12 and a half months. It's also because I feel like I got a lot of it out of my system during my freshman year of college. It's not like I have anything against it. A Blue Moon or a Leinenkugel from time to time is a good way to treat myself. If I'm drinking hard alcohol, I pretty much only do Jack and Coke or screwdrivers.

That being said, I'm not one to really drink to get drunk. My last hangover of my freshman year was bad enough that my brain rejects the thought of intoxication these days haha. You want to talk about mixing drinks irresponsibly? 14 PBRs, 4 cups of jungle juice, and a regrettable amount of boxed wine later, I woke up the next morning cuddling with a dog in a bath tub. I went home, took a chair into my bathroom, sat down next to the shower with the hot water running, and contemplated life for a solid four hours while I wretched in pain and nausea.

Years
  • Alcohol? Hmm... not so much, i've never got drunk although they say that if you are drunk you show your real character but i've never did so lucky for the world i guess lol. But i think if you drink in moderation then it's good personally, i drink apart from wines (preferrably white), very few beers and different drink depending what my friend/family has at that moment. And i may drink only in special occasions like Christmas/New Year's Eve/Easter e.t.c so i think i don't drink a lot so i have few experience in that section :)

Sir Codin

I get drunk pretty often, but not too often.

As my Skype PC friends can attest, I can down a lot of alcohol. I've played Dark Souls drinking games with shots of vodka and whiskey. Can still play surprisingly well. Here's a recent Twitch stream of me playing Bloodborne while piss drunk [WARNING: Peaking microphones and strong language]:

http://www.twitch.tv/carcharodin/v/34794052

Years
  • I get drunk pretty often, but not too often.

As my Skype PC friends can attest, I can down a lot of alcohol. I've played Dark Souls drinking games with shots of vodka and whiskey. Can still play surprisingly well. Here's a recent Twitch stream of me playing Bloodborne while piss drunk [WARNING: Peaking microphones and strong language]:

http://www.twitch.tv/carcharodin/v/34794052

Honestly I rarely found myself drinking while playing something. Never done a drinking game as well. I have yet to try that.

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
  • I drink only on occasion. I don't go out drinking every night, after work sometimes or when out with friends on a special occasion. It takes a lot to get me drunk but I do enjoy the feeling of being mellowed out.

also im only 20 and live in the us

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    Yes, sometimes. I probably shouldn't though.
    I like wine & basically anything fruity. I hate beer and whiskey unless it's heavily mixed with something sweet.

Back