• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alcohol

Years
  • Oh look, what a surprise

Yeah. Normally a taboo topic. Is there anyone here, who drinks alcohol at all? That can be from time to time, even once per year.

If yes, what kind of alcohol do you prefer?

Have any of you ever got drunk, PC?

I'm not expecting serious answers, but it would be nice to read some of your thoughts(probably most of them will be negative, but hey-ho)

I'm not a hard drinker. My head is actually pretty weak for alcohol. I do enjoy some cold beer from time to time. I rarely get drunk, and when I do, it's mostly on some occasions and meetings.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Yeah, I like a tipple from time to time.

I used to be out drinking practically every weekend, but not so much these days. I'll still go out occasionally, but not until the early AMs anymore.

Primarily I just drink lager, any lager, but jagerbombs, vodka mixers, alcopops, rum & cokes, ale, Hooch, any of those suffice dependent upon how drunk I am. ProTip: don't mix your drinks, kids. It never ends well.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alright, I might actually have destroyed quite a few brain cells on this business over the past decade. I blame university life. Nowadays I mostly enjoy exotic beer brands and red wine because it tastes good and makes me happy and relaxed in social situations~ For me, it's not a drug.

Coffee though! There, we're talking addiction. I need to rehab...

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I drink when I get the chance. But being underage and unable to buy alcohol on my own doesn't really do me any favors. I've had friends buy me stuff before, and have been trying to get a co-worker to buy but no luck. If I'm drinking to get drunk I'll just drink whatever vodka I can find, but if I'm drinking for pleasure then rum is the usual go to. Rum Chata, eggnog rum can be good for a while, Sailor Jerry, any Malibu and then of course go simple for whiskey and get crown and a 2 liter of coke.

Lucid

I drink when I get the chance. But being underage and unable to buy alcohol on my own doesn't really do me any favors. I've had friends buy me stuff before, and have been trying to get a co-worker to buy but no luck. If I'm drinking to get drunk I'll just drink whatever vodka I can find, but if I'm drinking for pleasure then rum is the usual go to. Rum Chata, eggnog rum can be good for a while, Sailor Jerry, any Malibu and then of course go simple for whiskey and get crown and a 2 liter of coke.

Fireball and Jager still nasty

I drink a lot, but not nearly as much as I did in my late teens/early 20's. I have a pretty decent tolerance for someone my size, and I probably drink at least a little something every other day as a way to unwind, even if it's just a glass of wine at dinner. I'm quite partial to good Port and brown liqueurs, preferably just with some ice. I don't drink a lot of beer, but I do enjoy the taste, I like warm Guinness.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • At least among the people I've encountered on PC; I'm a bit of a rare find...

I actually won't drink any form of alcohol at all. It's too dangerous for me, in my opinion to do so as my family history has addictions to it on both sides of the family pretty heavily.

Years
  • ProTip: don't mix your drinks, kids. It never ends well.

Never. That includes mixing brands of the same kind of alcohol.

If you want to get wasted properly. Drink only one type of alcohol and from only one brand.

Alright, I might actually have destroyed quite a few brain cells on this business over the past decade. I blame university life. Nowadays I mostly enjoy exotic beer brands and red wine because it tastes good and makes me happy and relaxed in social situations~ For me, it's not a drug.

Coffee though! There, we're talking addiction. I need to rehab...

There, was that so hard? :)

I'm quite partial to good Port and brown liqueurs, preferably just with some ice. I don't drink a lot of beer, but I do enjoy the taste, I like warm Guinness.

Liqueurs is great for taste. Not exactly good for me if I want to get wasted on this. Here we have lots of fruit liqueurs.

Still, though, nothing better for me than the clean stuff.

You guys answer fast. You didn't disappoint me.

Last edited:

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
  • I love drinking. I don't drink everyday, though. While i'm not that much into beer, i drink stuff like wine, whisky or vodka and stuff like that. Sometimes my girlfriend drinks with me. I like drinking strong stuff, but i never really get, like, super drunk or something like this.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • I do not drink oftenly, but I prefer wine or beer. Heavy drinks does not fit me because the taste is strong and sometimes it choke my throat.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Not that often, only at parties really because I really don't like it much, but I do have a preference for white wine and Heineken beer. And if I want a little more kick into tipsyness, a shot or two of vodka or absinthe will do quite well. Just don't give me whiskey and tequila. Ugh I hate those.
    I do like cider quite a lot though.

I've only been drunk twice, all other occasions stopped at tipsyness. Once I fell off a chair while laughing and later the same night slipped and fell on my arse after trying to kick a cigarette butt. Never got wasted or hungover, thankfully.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Nope. I don't drink at all. I never have, and I probably never will. There's many reasons for this, but one of them is that my parents were alcoholics before I was born. They stopped drinking, of course, before my mom became pregnant with me. I also don't really like the idea of getting drunk either. >< So, even if I wanted to drink it... I'd prefer not to because there's a wide range of reasons why I actually choose not to.

Keep in mind too... that I also live with my parents.

Sirfetch’d

Very very very rarely. My dad's side of the family has been extremely prone to liver disease so it makes me hesitant to drink to be honest. I'm not saying that I completely avoid alcohol because I don't and do enjoy it quite a bit but it's not something that I crave or have a habit of doing.

Though I will say some of the things that happen at the battle server make me question why I haven't become an alcoholic.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I drink root beer. :P

Im still underage and I dont really plan on drinking until I'm 21. (not to mention, I dont want to get into trouble with the law!) Even then, idk if I would really be interested.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I like to drink. If I have beer, I will have at least one per day. Ideally I'd have two, but I like to extend my beer ownership as long as possible. My favourite beers are lagers and pilsners. I also like IPA, but one year ago I didn't. I'm also developing a taste for wine. As for stronger alcohol, I don't usually drink it. I have bad memories of vodka from high school. The rest is all pretty much the same to me. It's usually got too strong of a taste for me to enjoy. That's important, actually: I have to enjoy drinking it. I don't drink to get drunk.

IMO alc is not a very taboo topic. Weed on the other hand 8)

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    alcohol makes me sicker than a dog :(

i have had drinks on many different occasions and each time my stomach gets obliterated. the last time was with only one and a half of those lemonade beers and i wanted death the entire night to cure my agony, lmao...

needless to say i'm taking a break from drinking for a while, but my favorite kind of stuff is anything spiced.

Back