• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Welcome to the club Lilith! c:
And thank ya for the blue Florges sprite! I've been meaning to find some but have had no luck. ;A;

Everyone's favorite fairies are just so wonderful <3

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Thanks, Jelli, and congrats on graduating! Your Heartux sounds adorable, penguins are always adorable!

As for my own, I'd make a trickster little fairy, based on foxfire or will-o-wisps. It would be a Fairy/Fire type, a tiny blueish flame of sorts, maybe with a small, gaseous body? They live in the forest, and only come out at night, to guide lost travelers. They're a bit mischievous though, so they'll lead them on the longest way out of the forest, and they like to pull pranks every now and then.

I can't think of exact stats, other than that it would have good speed to compensate for its low defensive stats. It draws its Fairy powers from the moon, so it would have Moon Blast and Dazzling Gleam, and while I'd give it good special attack, I think it would rely more on dealing status with Will-o-Wisp or Confuse Ray. As for abilities, definitely Prankster, and maybe Flash Fire as filler.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Username: [supporter]Zeratul[/supporter]

Partner Pokemon: Azumarill
Why you like Fairies:
They're so cute! I don't think I've seen a Fairy-Type that is not beautiful, or cute. They also have a resistance to Dragon, so there's another compliment for Fairy-Types. Azumarill got a big buff up in Gen VI, and it also got the Fairy-Type, which makes it amazing in competitive play; I'd love to use a Sylveon some time soon :3

What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?
Easy. Azumarill! It's soo cute! I also love how it evolves at like... Level 18, if I'm right? Super amazing. It's also got cutie pie face, but it's deadly, so watch out. If you haven't used one, I recommend you use one. It's was kinda underrated, but due to it's big buff and Fairy addition in X/Y it's become popular.

Which Fairy type Pokemon do you find to be the best battler?
Again, Azumarill! But he's not the only one. Azumarill's Huge Power gives a big boost, and with Fairy-Type, Play Rough is amazing. Just try using it! Sylveon is the other one I was talking about. It might not have other great stats, but it's Defense and Sp.Defense are surely good. I've seen a friend use it, and it can take quite some hits! Mega Gardevoir seems quite good in battle too, but sadly, it's quite easy to knock out, at least Diantha's (her Gardevoir was weak, I could say).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Welcome to the club, Zeratul! Azumarill is certainly a monster of a Pokemon (I've always thought so), and with its new typing it's become even more of one. I love it so much! Belly Drum + Aqua Jet + Play Rough is probably one of my favorite combos.

Thanks, Jelli, and congrats on graduating! Your Heartux sounds adorable, penguins are always adorable!

As for my own, I'd make a trickster little fairy, based on foxfire or will-o-wisps. It would be a Fairy/Fire type, a tiny blueish flame of sorts, maybe with a small, gaseous body? They live in the forest, and only come out at night, to guide lost travelers. They're a bit mischievous though, so they'll lead them on the longest way out of the forest, and they like to pull pranks every now and then.

I can't think of exact stats, other than that it would have good speed to compensate for its low defensive stats. It draws its Fairy powers from the moon, so it would have Moon Blast and Dazzling Gleam, and while I'd give it good special attack, I think it would rely more on dealing status with Will-o-Wisp or Confuse Ray. As for abilities, definitely Prankster, and maybe Flash Fire as filler.

It sounds so cute! Definitely sounds like a nasty lil' fairy to deal with, for sure, especially if you're lost in a forest!

Years
Right here! Huge apologies for disappearing. Happens occasionally, haah. ;_;

Azumarill has definitely become a beast even more so than before. Huge Power + Play Rough and Aqua Jet = better watch out. I'll be trying to breed a shiny one to use for battling in the future. :)

Anyways, how do you guys feel about "non-fairy" Pokemon getting the fairy typing but others that resemble fairies being left out? I'm talking Granbull becoming fairy but Celebi continuing to be just grass.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Anyways, how do you guys feel about "non-fairy" Pokemon getting the fairy typing but others that resemble fairies being left out?
I guess I don't mind, haha. It doesn't really make sense for them to be left out, yes, but hey, competitive-wise, at least it saves them from having more weaknesses. That's a good thing; the less weaknesses you have, the better chance you'll have at surviving.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Anyways, how do you guys feel about "non-fairy" Pokemon getting the fairy typing but others that resemble fairies being left out?
I guess I don't mind, haha. It doesn't really make sense for them to be left out, yes, but hey, competitive-wise, at least it saves them from having more weaknesses. That's a good thing; the less weaknesses you have, the better chance you'll have at surviving.

Yeah, what Nymph said! But with this, you could also argue that some Pokemon that got Fairy type don't even resemble a Fairy(using Granbull as an example because I don't think it looks very majestic). But then again there are quite a few Pokemon that really would have fit the part of a Fairy Pokemon very well, like Petlil/Lilligant. They just scream Fairy to me! XD

Valerie the Gym Leader

Fairy type Pokemon rule
Years
Username: Valerie the Gym Leader
Partner Pokemon: Mega Mawile
Why you like Fairies: Because there cute, adorable and they are Dragon slayers.
Answer a Topic!:
Mega Mawile if that counts because of huge power.So if you ev train a Mawile in attack and maybe defense it would be very strong. I also like Slurpuff because it looks so cute.

One thing I would love to see in the future is a Fairy type champion. A fairy tale type room with a castle with a princess in it and she looks cute and innocent but when she battles she is strong. She uses the strongest of strong Fairy types. What do you think?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Anyways, how do you guys feel about "non-fairy" Pokemon getting the fairy typing but others that resemble fairies being left out? I'm talking Granbull becoming fairy but Celebi continuing to be just grass.

Buh. You have no idea. It kinda irritates the mess outta me! >n<
Celebi would have been so super adorable with that typing added onto it. Grass/Fairy is probably my favorite combination. Pokemon like Cresselia and Snorunt and Glalie I feel should have gotten it. I know Glalie seems odd but personally everything in the Fairy Egg Group should have gotten it. I mean, they're all just so cute. ;A;

Username: Valerie the Gym Leader
Partner Pokemon: Mega Mawile
Why you like Fairies: Because there cute, adorable and they are Dragon slayers.
Answer a Topic!:
Mega Mawile if that counts because of huge power.So if you ev train a Mawile in attack and maybe defense it would be very strong. I also like Slurpuff because it looks so cute.

One thing I would love to see in the future is a Fairy type champion. A fairy tale type room with a castle with a princess in it and she looks cute and innocent but when she battles she is strong. She uses the strongest of strong Fairy types. What do you think?
Welcome to the club, Valerie! So happy to see someone else who loves Valerie, as well.

And a Fairy Type Champion sounds awesome! Maybe a male one since that'd be kinda cute? .u.
I kind of like to think of Diantha as somewhat of a Fairy type Cham because of her Gardevoir, but I'd like one who purely uses them, as well.

Years

I'm okay with it, even if it resulted in some Normal-types completely exchanging for Fairy-type such as Clefairy, Togepi and Snubbull lines. The former two suit Fairy while Snubbull's line is a mixed bag, but I apparently found out it was based on the Cù Sìth which means "dog fairy". Audino wasn't really a fairy but more of a rabbit if memory serves me right, so it was definitely appropriate to keep its pure Normal typing. Celebi looked fairy-like but I'm still fine with it keeping its current typing. Still cute nonetheless.

The one that I still don't understand is Mime Jr. and Mr. Mime. They don't look very fairy-like at all.

Valerie the Gym Leader

Fairy type Pokemon rule
Years

Some Fairy looking Pokemon should have had the Fairy type added to there typing. It would be like having a fish like Goldeen and it not being Water type. Plus the more Fairy type Pokemon the happier I would be. So long story short I am not happy about it.

Quilly

Thespian Punk
Years
Cool, I love the Fairy-type. I'd like to join if I could.

Username: Quilly.
Partner Pokemon: Whimsicott.
Why you like Fairies: I have been waiting for Pokémon to release a new type ever since Gen. IV, and I'll have to admit that when I first found out that the new type would be Fairy, I kind of raged a bit. But then, after a few months, I warmed up to the idea. I missed out on using a Fairy-type on my first playthrough of Y, but when I got X, I used an Aromatisse, and dear God that thing is a total beast. I've come to love Fairy-types from a casually competitive point of view; they have awesome battle properties, a much needed advantage over Dragon-types, and a lot of the Pokémon have nice designs. I also think they got very creative with some of the Pokémon they retconned to be Fairy-type, and that's cool and all too. I never would've seen Mawile as a Fairy until Nintendo changed it.
Answer a Topic! What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why? Well, that's debatable, because Gardevoir and Whimsicott are my favorite Psychic and Grass-types respectively, but Aromatisse is my favorite pure Fairy-type. I guess it comes down to which of those three Pokémon are higher on my favorite Pokémon list, which is Whimsicott. I've loved Whimisicott since Gen. V, where it was a total beast. Adding the Fairy-type to it only adds to its potential, and makes it an even better battler. In fact, thanks to Poké Bank, I have my original Whimsicott from Black, and it's even better than it was before, which is saying something because it was the best Pokémon on my team in Black, and that was with one-dimensional typing.

I have a lot of answers to some of the topics, but it's late and I have to be up for work in the morning, so expect some more contributions in a few days!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I laughed too hard at this

1779982_455062934623216_789903959_n.jpg

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Oh, wow, that's hilarious. xD How does jingling some keys supposed to scare you? I mean, it could get annoying at times, but still. Haha.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Cool, I love the Fairy-type. I'd like to join if I could.

Username: Quilly.
Partner Pokemon: Whimsicott.
Why you like Fairies: I have been waiting for Pokémon to release a new type ever since Gen. IV, and I'll have to admit that when I first found out that the new type would be Fairy, I kind of raged a bit. But then, after a few months, I warmed up to the idea. I missed out on using a Fairy-type on my first playthrough of Y, but when I got X, I used an Aromatisse, and dear God that thing is a total beast. I've come to love Fairy-types from a casually competitive point of view; they have awesome battle properties, a much needed advantage over Dragon-types, and a lot of the Pokémon have nice designs. I also think they got very creative with some of the Pokémon they retconned to be Fairy-type, and that's cool and all too. I never would've seen Mawile as a Fairy until Nintendo changed it.
Answer a Topic! What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why? Well, that's debatable, because Gardevoir and Whimsicott are my favorite Psychic and Grass-types respectively, but Aromatisse is my favorite pure Fairy-type. I guess it comes down to which of those three Pokémon are higher on my favorite Pokémon list, which is Whimsicott. I've loved Whimisicott since Gen. V, where it was a total beast. Adding the Fairy-type to it only adds to its potential, and makes it an even better battler. In fact, thanks to Poké Bank, I have my original Whimsicott from Black, and it's even better than it was before, which is saying something because it was the best Pokémon on my team in Black, and that was with one-dimensional typing.

I have a lot of answers to some of the topics, but it's late and I have to be up for work in the morning, so expect some more contributions in a few days!

Well thank ya so much for joining, and I can't wait to hear more from ya! Whimsicott is a total beast. When Fairy got added into it it really DID change up the field for Whimsicott to shine in the top tiers all over again. And glad to hear you got yours back from Black!

These pictures are hysterical by the way. xD

Years
How do you feel about "non-fairy" Pokemon getting the fairy typing but others that resemble fairies being left out?

It really annoys me that Snubull and Granbull are fairies they look like football hooligans rather than fairies.

Mr Mime is another one, he looks like someone parents tell their kids to stay away from and Aromatisse and Slurpuff are utterly repulsive, both having the apperence of fat middle aged women from a economically deprived town.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Thought I'd start a new topic here, haha. I hope you don't mind, Jelli! Anyway, here it goes. If you were to give pre-evolved form to any fairy-type, which would you select? Why? How would you want this Pokémon to look?

Shhmew

Years
Hello hello! I swear I will slow down on the amount of clubs I'm joining!! .__.

But I adore fairy types!

Username: Shhmew
Partner Pokemon: Wigglytuff
Why you like Fairies: They're always either super adorable or super beautiful. And those are the type of Pokemon I like best! Plus the typing is very nice and helpful to have in your team. I like the balance it brings too, calming down dragon types and giving poison types a little more usefulness.

By the way, my favorite fairy type is probably Sylveon, though I wanted to be original so I chose another I really like, Wigglytuff. :D

I'm afraid I don't understand the current topic though. Do you mean, choose a fairy type to give a pre-evolution to? Because that seems pretty limited, considering most already have a pre-evolution or already have 3 in their line.

I guess Carbink though :D that might be cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back