• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
Years
At the end of the event you want to happen (picking up the berry for example) runs the Script pbSetEventTime via the Script command on page 3.

Create a new event page with Event Switch A on (the script will automatically turn the switch on). In there put whatever you want in there (Message saying "The berry tree is empty" or something like that).

On the third event page set the condition to 'Switch "s:expired?&&tsOff?("A")" is ON'. Set the run type to Autostart. The script should read (as the notes.html says)

Control Self Switch: A =OFF
Script: setTempSwitchOn("A")

This will check whether it's been a day and sets the event back to event page 1.

I hope that helps.

Atomic Reactor

that helped me alot!
=D

Last edited:

mad.array

Years
@victorspvl

Depending on what kind of event it is you have a couple of ways of running this.

If it is a part of an already running script (i.e. if a character checks your party out and says something different if they find Celebi) then you can put this:

Conditional Branch:Script: pbHasSpecies?(251)
-- Stuff to happen when Celebi is in party

Else

--Stuff to happen when Celebi isn't present.

End

The Script part of the conditional branch is (I believe) on the last page of options for it. Just put that script in (with 251 being Celebis Pokedex/pokemon.txt number)

If you only wanted an event to start if Celebi was present then the easiest way I can think of is to have a Parallel Process check whether Celebi is present and if it is, set a switch ON and have your character/cut scene to be dependant on that switch.

If anyone else can think of an easier method for the second option then kudos.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
@victorspvl

Depending on what kind of event it is you have a couple of ways of running this.

If it is a part of an already running script (i.e. if a character checks your party out and says something different if they find Celebi) then you can put this:

Conditional Branch:Script: pbHasSpecies?(251)
-- Stuff to happen when Celebi is in party

Else

--Stuff to happen when Celebi isn't present.

End

The Script part of the conditional branch is (I believe) on the last page of options for it. Just put that script in (with 251 being Celebis Pokedex/pokemon.txt number)

If you only wanted an event to start if Celebi was present then the easiest way I can think of is to have a Parallel Process check whether Celebi is present and if it is, set a switch ON and have your character/cut scene to be dependant on that switch.

If anyone else can think of an easier method for the second option then kudos.

THANK´S VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2015
Ok, i have a question. I would like to know how to make an event that starts a battle with a wild SHINY pokemon, you know like the red gyarados in gold/silver. How would i accomplish that?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Wild Pokemon battles can be started using the function pbWildBattle (located in the PokemonField script section). The default implementation, however, doesn't support having a shiny Pokemon battle. It is easy to add such functionality, however. In the script section Pokemon Field, add the following just before line 218, the one that reads "wildpoke=[genwildpoke]":

Code:
    if $game_switches[10]
      genwildpoke.makeShiny
    end

Assuming you use switch number 10 (as above), a wild Pokemon battle with a shiny Pokemon will begin if switch 10 is set to ON.

Example:

Code:
@>[COLOR="#FF0000"]Control Switch: [0010] = ON[/COLOR]
@>[COLOR="#808080"]Script: pbWildBattle([/COLOR]
 : [COLOR="#808080"]     : ::PBSpecies::GYARADOS,30,1)[/COLOR]
@>[COLOR="#FF0000"]Control Switch: [0010] = OFF[/COLOR]
@>[COLOR="#008000"]Comment: If won[/COLOR]
@>[COLOR="#0000FF"]Conditional Branch: Variable [0001] == 1[/COLOR]
  @>
 : [COLOR="#0000FF"]Branch End[/COLOR]
@>[COLOR="#008000"]Comment: If escaped[/COLOR]
@>[COLOR="#0000FF"]Conditional Branch: Variable [0001] == 3[/COLOR]
  @>
@>[COLOR="#008000"]Comment: If caught[/COLOR]
@>[COLOR="#0000FF"]Conditional Branch: Variable [0001] == 4[/COLOR]
  @>
@>

EDIT: Example fixed.

Last edited:

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
Years
Hey everyone,

I have a question about pokémon essentials.
It goes like this: i use the 'teleport' command in an event, and i get this:
a ring of light appears around my character, and the rest is black (kinda like if you enter a dark cave in the pokémon games),
and after i take a few steps, i get this error:

Party 1 has no Pokemon.
PokeBattle_Battle:73:in `initialize'
PokemonField:182:in `new'
PokemonField:182:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:387:in `pbOnStepTaken'
Game_Player*:591:in `update_old'
Walk/Run:25:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `update'
Scene_Map:95:in `loop'
Scene_Map:108:in `update'
Scene_Map:64:in `main'
Scene_Map:61:in `loop'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'
Main:56:in `mainFunction'
Main:45:in `pbCriticalCode'
Main:59:in `mainFunction'
Main:63
Main:62:in `loop'
Main:71

Can anyone help me fix this problem?
Thanks in progress!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
It's because you're walking around a cave with no Pokémon. When you'd find a Pokémon normally, you get the error.

Try changing the target of the Teleport event, or give the player a Pokémon.

Actually, I get the feeling you haven't changed the Encounters.txt and Metadata.txt files - read Notes.html and change them.

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
Years
It's because you're walking around a cave with no Pokémon. When you'd find a Pokémon normally, you get the error.

Try changing the target of the Teleport event, or give the player a Pokémon.

Actually, I get the feeling you haven't changed the Encounters.txt and Metadata.txt files - read Notes.html and change them.

Oh...
Yeah, i didn't know you had to change encounters.txt and metadata.txt.
Thanks, i think i got it now.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
poccil, where did you learn to script RGSS? I'm really really interested in learning another coding language, and am fluent in HTML and CSS, and proficient in C, C# and PHP.

PM me the reply, so it doesn't clutter up the thread.

Shadez

-
Years
i'm not sure this is allowed but i'll try anyway you'll never know

i'm using a other version of RMXP called postality knights or something
and with this i can't use your starter kit is there anyway how i can still use this
except from buying RMXP

MR.GLITCH_KING

~ThaEmbacy~
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2008
hitsugaya if u got rmxp illegaly u wont get a lot of support here or anywhere

u can use it by doing the following

tsukuuru is basically the same thing

If you are using RPG Tsukuuru XP in Japanese and you cannot open the project, then open Game.rxproj in Notepad and change "RPGXP 1.02" to "RPGXP 1.01" or, if necessary "RPGXP 1.00", then save the file.

but i really suggest going out n buying rmxp or
coughillegalydownloadbytorrentordarkstarforumcough
*winks*

Shadez

-
Years
thanks for the info
i already thought that it wasn't allowed to talk about illegal stuff here but thank anyway

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
poccil, I left you a PM about something. Also, I don't want to have to replace my starter kit. How would I implement cries? Is there a page of the scripts I need to edit, or a page I need to add?

mad.array

Years
@Lorem

If you're trying to add a cry for a new Pokemon then you need to name it XXXcry.wav, where xxx is the number of the Pokemon in pokemon.txt/the Pokedex. If you're trying to make a pokemon use it's cry during an event then you can just play the sound effect in the event.

If you're trying to make the pokemon use it's cry in one of the menus then you will have to edit the scripts.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
That's why I asked about the SCRIPTS, because I need to use it in the battle; I know about cries.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
The following function can play a cry for a Pokemon species:

Code:
def pbPlayCry(species)
 pkmnwav=sprintf("Audio/SE/%03dCry",species)
 Audio.se_play(pkmnwav,100,100)
end

It can be used in a Script event command like this:

Code:
pbPlayCry(PBSpecies::SNORLAX)

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
No, I don't think you understand me. I don't need an event, I want the cries assigned to each Pokémon, so that when they go into battle, as in actually IN the battle, you would hear their cry as they get sent out.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
The newer releases already play cries during battle as you requested, at least since the November 23 release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back