• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thine culture is most fine, my lord (milk)

Years
  • I used to be highly lactose intolerant and drank a lot of soymilk if any milk at all. But since, in the past year, I've been able to rebuild and regain my lactose tolerance so now I can drink milk and eat dairy without much of a problem (heckyeaauhh).
    That being said, I used to not be a big fan of milk and really love soymilk. Nowadays though, I think soymilk is alright at best. It has a very particular flavor that I only like with some things. Like cheerios for example. Soymilk is awesome with Cheerios and chocolate soymilk is rraaadd.
    I've tried a lot of other lactose-milk alternatives though, and I've gotta say that my two preferred were always Lactose-Free milk and Almond Milk. Almond milk is kinda awesome, honestly. And lactose free milk actually tastes really good.

Now that I've gotta put on weight via doctor's orders though, I've found that I actually kinda like whole milk. Ovaltine also ftw. Eggnog is super freakin delicious too. But ommgg. If I didn't assume it was horrible for you, I'd drink half-and-half by the cup because it's. the. shit. It's literally so delicious I cannot even.
    I still use almond milk in protein shakes though because 1.) it tastes better, and 2.) it makes the protein shakes not so uncomfortably thick and heavy. Much easier to stomach tbh.

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I used to be incredibly allergic to milk when I was a baby and could only have soymilk or something?
    I guess that's kinda said especially coming from a farming country like NZ .
    Eventually I grew out of it, but I'm told to still be careful so I don't have it often. I like the plain kind of milk though.

Years
  • I used to drink so much milk. So many bowls of cereal, or random glasses of chocolate or strawberry milk. For personal reasons though, when I decided to cut back on stuff that was one of the first things I stopped doing. So while I'll still have milk from time to time now, it's usually not cow milk. Although when it is cow milk it's usually 2%, just because that's what's bought around here. I can handle anything from whole milk to 1% in taste, however. Just...not skim milk. Never ever skim milk. I have tried that and I just can't do it. I won't do it.

My preference lately has been vanilla almond milk. Decided to give that a try like a month or two back after trying another sort of alternate milk (in this case soy) when I was visiting my parents, and I liked it better than I thought I would. So that's what I've switched to drinking.

Years
  • I used to drink milk a lot in my earlier days, but while i'm in college I don't keep it in my fridge as much since it goes bad after a while if nothing is done with it. But it may not be a bad idea to invest in it again sometime.

Back