• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thine culture is most fine, my lord (milk)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Since it's the holidays I got thinking about eggnog, which led me into pondering cow's milk and soymilk/almondmilk and things as well. Do you like milk? What kind? How much do you drink, and how often? I'm really curious as I hear it's largely an American thing to drink milk nearly at all, so I wanna know. Lowfat, skim, soy, whole, almond, what's your preference?

Also I just can't get enough of that eggnog it's so sweet and probably not good for me lol

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I can't see any connection between the title and milk.

*ahem* My favorite beverage would be Soy Milk. It just has that unique taste comparing to other forms of milk. The downside is that the flavor completely depends on the one who makes it. My mother makes good soy milk, but some people (and even brands) makes terrible ones.

Your regular pasteurized milk from cows taste almost the same everywhere, but soy milk can differ from extremely delectable to oh-god-I-need-to-throw-up variants.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I can't see any connection between the title and milk.

*ahem* My favorite beverage would be Soy Milk. It just has that unique taste comparing to other forms of milk. The downside is that the flavor completely depends on the one who makes it. My mother makes good soy milk, but some people (and even brands) makes terrible ones.

Your regular pasteurized milk from cows taste almost the same everywhere, but soy milk can differ from extremely delectable to oh-god-I-need-to-throw-up variants.

Milk cultures. You know, back when they used a bunch of germs to make milk or something - that's what I was getting at.

pkmin3033

Semi-skimmed, and semi-skimmed only. Every other type of milk I've tried - whole milk especially - has made me gag; it's absolutely vile. I don't mind milkshake, but I prefer it powdered, so I can stir the mix into semi-skimmed. I literally cannot drink any other kind.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Lactose intolerant challenging his fate by eating cereal with 1%-2% or fat-free Milk.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I hear it's largely an American thing to drink milk nearly at all

Disregard this, because it's not true at all.

I drink a lot of it and usually stick with whole milk, but soy or semi skimmed is fine also.

Milk cultures. You know, back when they used a bunch of germs to make milk or something - that's what I was getting at.

Not to make milk; fermentation makes cheese, yoghurt etc. and that's still the process they use today.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Disregard this, because it's not true at all.

I drink a lot of it and usually stick with whole milk, but soy or semi skimmed is fine also.

Not to make milk; fermentation makes cheese, yoghurt etc. and that's still the process they use today.

Thanks for the educational lesson friend

I'm sure we all learned a bunch from that

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
    Milk is just eh. I like it with cookies, pies and other sweets so I don't drink it as much as I should. My family buys whole milk or that organic kind. Almond milk isn't to my liking. I tried some because my mom was going nuts about it and I almost spit it up on the floor >_> Soy milk is like a step up from almond but I still don't like it. I don't care what flavour it's in. I have never tried goat's milk, but I have tried goat cheese and it was... interesting? So I wonder if the milk tastes "interesting" too.

Years
    I drink all milk. Whole milk or skim, it's all good. Skim does froth better for making coffee though, so I generally use or order that when I have a cappuccino.

I'm not a fan of soy or rice milk, but coconut milk is great for delicious thai dishes.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I like milk, but I can't drink or use anything but 2% or 1% in my food. Whole milk doesn't wreck my system, but it does cause certain complications. I love all kinds of dairy, unfortunately, but if it's yogurt or eggnog I'm unable to drink it unless it's fat and/or lactose free. Thankfully I can eat as much ice cream as I want without any issues, as it's my lovechild and if I couldn't indulge on it every holiday (or weekend.. whatever) where would I even be?

Kydeka

Bringer of Ground
    Years
    Used to drink it all the time, 'til one day I just couldn't. Just the thought of it makes me feel sick!

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Milk? Did someone say Milk?
    Spoiler:

I do not approve of the cow milk. Keep it the hell away from my gift from the Dark Gods. My coffee hates your creamer, your milk, and incidentally it hates ponies, rainbows, Rose Art, and toddlers as well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I freaking LOVE milk. When I lived at home I had around 3 tall glasses a day. I can't get enough of it. My favorite is cow's milk but I also love soy, almond and rice milk. It's so tasty!

Back