• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • This is kinda interesting. Do you think there would be someone who would actually take the third starter aka the starter weak to you this time around considering the last 3 games did it?

Last three games? in B2W2 no one got the starter weak to our own...
    Only the original pairs of the past 3 generations and the real third versions of those pairs used all three. HgSs didn't use all three that I can remember. I think they won't use all three, even though I wish they would. Maybe they'll make Emerald Canon.

Years
  • Last three games? in B2W2 no one got the starter weak to our own...

In B2/W2 there was a tag battle against the Subway Bosses in Nimbasa City where Nate/Rosa used the middle stage Unova starter weak to yours a.k.a. Servine if player chose Tepig, Pignite if player chose Oshawott or Dewott if player chose Snivy.

But you know, I think they'll most likely stay true to the originals and not make anyone take the third Hoenn starter, but I hope they can finally fully evolve Brendan/May's starter which they failed to do in the original games.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    B2W2 could be immediately ruled out as sequels, but then so can ORAS... it would be real interesting if they made the Emerald character because they've just changed the outfit colours in E... I wonder who the character could be!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • We've yet to see Mega Latis which is assume would be distributed to ORAS of any games. The fact that try get mega evolutions kinda proves that the storyline will have to be slightly alternated to in cooperate the Mega Evolution mechanic into the games.

Years
  • Maybe they were fakes, but I saw the 3D models of Mega Lati@s on a website that I don't remember well. If they were real though, I wouldn't bet on Megas being Kalos only haha. Or, they won't even be available in Hoenn, just released for a sequel to X and Y.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Maybe they were fakes, but I saw the 3D models of Mega Lati@s on a website that I don't remember well. If they were real though, I wouldn't bet on Megas being Kalos only haha. Or, they won't even be available in Hoenn, just released for a sequel to X and Y.
    The Mega Latis are real. Some hackers found them in the coding of X/Y:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujZYtZ01Sms

Years
  • Maybe they were fakes, but I saw the 3D models of Mega Lati@s on a website that I don't remember well. If they were real though, I wouldn't bet on Megas being Kalos only haha. Or, they won't even be available in Hoenn, just released for a sequel to X and Y.
    Or the third version. It's really unknown what they'll do with the Kalos region...especially since the story didn't feel like a cliffhanger like BW did (heck even DPP had a bigger cliffhanger than XY).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    We've yet to see Mega Latis which is assume would be distributed to ORAS of any games. The fact that try get mega evolutions kinda proves that the storyline will have to be slightly alternated to in cooperate the Mega Evolution mechanic into the games.

Well, if they introduce mega-evolutions post-game, then our main storyline doesn't exactly have to be altered; it could remain more or less the same. :] Though, I wonder what their explanation could possibly be when it actually comes to introducing it.

Years
  • Well, if they introduce mega-evolutions post-game, then our main storyline doesn't exactly have to be altered; it could remain more or less the same. :] Though, I wonder what their explanation could possibly be when it actually comes to introducing it.

Maybe Scott took a trip to Kalos and was tasked with spreading Mega evolution throughout Hoenn, starting at the Battle Frontier? :D Honestly, I hope they introduce them in a logical way instead of just planting mega stones around Hoenn and acting like there's no story behind them.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Maybe Scott took a trip to Kalos and was tasked with spreading Mega evolution throughout Hoenn, starting at the Battle Frontier? :D Honestly, I hope they introduce them in a logical way instead of just planting mega stones around Hoenn and acting like there's no story behind them.

I dunno how they'll explain it though, other than having one NPC say "Oh yeah! These things were recently discovered!" Or maybe I can see Sycamore visiting Birch in the beginning and saying something like "Sup, we were just talking about Mega Evolution!" and explaining it right off the bat or something. Or maybe postgame. Who knows.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Well, if they introduce mega-evolutions post-game, then our main storyline doesn't exactly have to be altered; it could remain more or less the same. :] Though, I wonder what their explanation could possibly be when it actually comes to introducing it.

After the events of the Kalos region in X/Y, the amount of mega evolutions evolved as well. There were more mega evolution stones discovered over time, then they were introduced to the other regions such as Hoenn. They were then later used in battle such as with Mega Swampert and Mega Milotic.

I too would like to see the Battle Frontier come back. That was a great post-game part of Pokemon Emerald, which really gave you something fun, and long lasting to do after you defeated the Elite Four. I would like to see a deeper, maybe another story we could accomplish after defeating the Elite Four as well.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • I dunno how they'll explain it though, other than having one NPC say "Oh yeah! These things were recently discovered!" Or maybe I can see Sycamore visiting Birch in the beginning and saying something like "Sup, we were just talking about Mega Evolution!" and explaining it right off the bat or something. Or maybe postgame. Who knows.

It honestly will be a challenge for them to cover this up, this sudden mega thing. Sycamore has said that mega evolution is a new discovery, hence you go get the details like his little pet BUT besides that Birch may get a little notice about mega rings and the such.

Aside from this, new megas are out of the question. If they did this, battling/trading between X/Y would be o-u-t out. Reason being the data for the new megas isn't IN X/Y unless they pull off some sort of mega-update. But I doubt that'd happen :D

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • It honestly will be a challenge for them to cover this up, this sudden mega thing. Sycamore has said that mega evolution is a new discovery, hence you go get the details like his little pet BUT besides that Birch may get a little notice about mega rings and the such.

Aside from this, new megas are out of the question. If they did this, battling/trading between X/Y would be o-u-t out. Reason being the data for the new megas isn't IN X/Y unless they pull off some sort of mega-update. But I doubt that'd happen :D

I believe that Nintendo now has the ability to update their games so they can provide the games with new data. Remember how there used to be a glitch in Lumiose City? They fixed that right up and uploaded a patch. I'm sure it would be no problem for them to add new data.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • I believe that Nintendo now has the ability to update their games so they can provide the games with new data. Remember how there used to be a glitch in Lumiose City? They fixed that right up and uploaded a patch. I'm sure it would be no problem for them to add new data.

lol I'm familiar with that
    I'm just trying to explain that support for completely new megas is kinda out of the question, considering how much revision they'd need in terms of tables, 3d models, items, references to them, etc. All of the space will be a killer on the memory, and hosting such an update will kill the servers. Plus they can pull another Pokemon Bank.
    Yeah, Friday.
    Ok it's up
    you said the Friday 365 days ago :|

Years
  • It's more likely they bring customization to ORAS than Mega evolution, in my opinion. They may have both in the remakes, but in X and Y there's a lot of evidence pointing to them being region-exclusive. I don't think the box art is enough to dispel that theory. Although, most people probably want to see Mega evolutions return and I could see ORAS being a disappoint in some fans' eyes if they aren't included in the game.

Years
  • It's more likely they bring customization to ORAS than Mega evolution, in my opinion. They may have both in the remakes, but in X and Y there's a lot of evidence pointing to them being region-exclusive. I don't think the box art is enough to dispel that theory. Although, most people probably want to see Mega evolutions return and I could see ORAS being a disappoint in some fans' eyes if they aren't included in the game.

They sort of have to have Mega Evolutions. Unlike the typical forme change Mega Evolutions have a large stat increase which makes their presence in battle able to shift the balance of the match. It'll be a great disadvantage to those playing in ORAS against those playing XY in online battles. Unless they ban the use of Mega stones which sort of ruins them.

Years
  • They sort of have to have Mega Evolutions. Unlike the typical forme change Mega Evolutions have a large stat increase which makes their presence in battle able to shift the balance of the match. It'll be a great disadvantage to those playing in ORAS against those playing XY in online battles. Unless they ban the use of Mega stones which sort of ruins them.

Ah, I was unclear in my last post. I should clarify - I'm sure the currently existing Mega evolutions will return, but there is not much certainty regarding whether new Mega evolutions will be released in ORAS. My apologies n__n;

In any case, I'd like to see at least one of Team Magma/Aqua's mascot Pokemon get a new Megalution in order to serve as their 'ace'.

Years
  • Ah, I was unclear in my last post. I should clarify - I'm sure the currently existing Mega evolutions will return, but there is not much certainty regarding whether new Mega evolutions will be released in ORAS. My apologies n__n;

In any case, I'd like to see at least one of Team Magma/Aqua's mascot Pokemon get a new Megalution in order to serve as their 'ace'.

I think they should give Camerupt and Wailord Megas and give those megas to the leaders. Camerupt and Wailord fit as they share a type with the mascots, plus they also have the very powerful Eruption and Water Sprout moves.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back