• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. From the get-go, if they were planning to give mega-evolution to certain Pokémon in ORAS, it's a good thing that they didn't include their data in X and Y; if they did, hackers would most likely have found out about them by now, and ruin the surprise for many of us. I suppose you could say we could avoid these kind of things if we don't want to be spoiled, but for some people, it's kind of tough, you know? Regardless of how hard we try, we just can't dodge them.

Blame your isp the Internet. Even if you wanted to dodge X&Y leaks, in the headlines of the forum it'd be written FAIRY TYPE LEAKED and you can't shake it out of your head. I believe they pretty much did the right thing by introducing most of the megas as Hoenn/Kanto Pokémon (aka 3rd Gen). Mega Latios and Latias may count towards spoilers, though, however I'm pretty much convinced that they're purely events.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    The good thing about spoilers is that everyone is getting the games released at the exact same time. We may not all get them on the exact same day, but we have the major opportunity to be blind on our playthroughs due to the fact that Japan won't get the games months ahead of the English-speaking countries.

I was really worried that we wouldn't get a worldwide release on the games after X&Y due to that horrible pre-release leak that happened. GF got really mad about that if I remember correctly and told us we wouldn't get another worldwide release because of those idiots that put them on the shelves too early.

Thank goodness those people didn't ruin it for everyone afterall. I'll get to go to Walmart at midnight again to pick up my copy on release day.~

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I started to believe they would never make a remake.
    My favorite thing about hoenn?
    Rayquaza is great and I love the storyline.
    But one must wonder are they going to make a pokemon z after this and then make a pokemon remake of emerald?

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Pokemon Emerald remake is unlikely since there's a likely chance they'll treat these remakes just like the past ones.
    Where they add features from all three versions into the games and use the original third one's storyline.

So ORAS will probably have Emerald's storyline, albeit changed up a bit. In that case there'd be no reason to create a third game.

Years
  • I started to believe they would never make a remake.
    My favorite thing about hoenn?
    Rayquaza is great and I love the storyline.
    But one must wonder are they going to make a pokemon z after this and then make a pokemon remake of emerald?

In the past, Game Freak has implemented the sequel of the original games into the remakes. For example, some aspects of Crystal were apparent in HGSS. They'll do the same thing with ORAS, with features like Rayquaza and the Battle Frontier. Emerald's story line didn't differ much, if at all, from Ruby and Sapphire.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Actually it did a lot in each of the games one of the teams was evil while the other was depicted as good and wise. In emerald they were both evil and Kyogre and groudon fought while rayquza stopped the battle so they differ quite alot

blue

gucci
    Years
  • "Latest reports claimed that new game "Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby" will feature a storyline about mega-evolution involving the Mega Latios and Mega Latias."

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I wouldn't be surprised if they did that. Mega Latios can be in OmegaRuby. Maybe they'll modify him and give him the Omega sign. MegaLatias will be in AlphaSapphire and have the Alpha sign. Intestingly it'll fit adding those signs as Omega is an O and Alpha is an A...Lati(game's first initial). LatiOmega and LatiAlpha!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I kinda have a hard time believing that quote. If it is going to focus on Mega Evolution, why on Mega Lati@s? The Latis are popular, yes, but Groudon and Kyorge are the main legendary pokes of Ruby/Sapphire. And why a story with a focus on mega evos again? They just did that with X/Y; the story would get stale fast if that's the central focus of ORAS. Not to mention I don't need another story about the power of friendship and bonds and crap so soon.

Years
  • I agree. Why would Game Freak choose to alter the story line of Hoenn and make it revolve around Mega evolutions? Wouldn't make any sense considering X and Y were all about Mega evolution. Lati@s are solid legendary Pokemon, but not worthy of having the story line of RSE restructured to feature them.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The fact that Mega Evolution is present in X&Y/Generation VI would mean they would kinda have to include it somehow into ORAS. They wouldn't just scrap the feature completely just for a set of games to make them as original as possible. It probably won't take too much focus away from the main storyline, but they will need to slot Mega Evolutions into the storyline somehow, otherwise it wouldn't really make sense.

Years
  • I kinda have a hard time believing that quote. If it is going to focus on Mega Evolution, why on Mega Lati@s? The Latis are popular, yes, but Groudon and Kyorge are the main legendary pokes of Ruby/Sapphire. And why a story with a focus on mega evos again? They just did that with X/Y; the story would get stale fast if that's the central focus of ORAS. Not to mention I don't need another story about the power of friendship and bonds and crap so soon.

I read a news article saying the same thing as the quote but it didn't really cite any sources. I wonder if it's just speculation on the media's part...

Years
  • I read a news article saying the same thing as the quote but it didn't really cite any sources. I wonder if it's just speculation on the media's part...

If that's the case, I wouldn't give it too much weight. Unless a reliable source or even Nintendo/Game Freak themselves releases it, take everything you see with a grain of salt. Now, that doesn't mean this isn't true, just hasn't been confirmed. d:

Years
  • I kinda have a hard time believing that quote. If it is going to focus on Mega Evolution, why on Mega Lati@s? The Latis are popular, yes, but Groudon and Kyorge are the main legendary pokes of Ruby/Sapphire. And why a story with a focus on mega evos again? They just did that with X/Y; the story would get stale fast if that's the central focus of ORAS. Not to mention I don't need another story about the power of friendship and bonds and crap so soon.

Perhaps the familiar Kyogre/Groudon of RSE is a hibernation sleepy state.
    Perhaps this ORAS box art showcases their active state.
    Yveltal and Xerneas both slept before we met them, only to *poof* with the fight music.
    Why not K or G? Will 'Quaza go glow-wormy? Who knows.

Years
  • Perhaps the familiar Kyogre/Groudon of RSE is a hibernation sleepy state.
    Perhaps this ORAS box art showcases their active state.
    Yveltal and Xerneas both slept before we met them, only to *poof* with the fight music.
    Why not K or G? Will 'Quaza go glow-wormy? Who knows.

It's possible. But we know for sure that they aren't as simple as inactive and active Xerneas as they probably wouldn't be referred to as "new" pokemon. They're either formes or Megas, or something along those lines. I hope if they're formes they don't turn out like Keldeo did...worst forme ever...
    It they're formes than maybe they'll have a boost in stats of 10 to match Rayquaza's 680.

Years
  • I just hope the new forms add something to the story, and aren't there just for the sake of it.

Same. Even Keldeo's Resolution forme did something in that regard (not much but something).
    I really hope that they aren't like Mewtwo's... I started wondering how it's Mega stones were even made in the first place considering it's an artificial Pokemon and the event that created Mega stones happened 3000 years ago, well before Mewtwo was even born...even before Mew was even discovered (rediscovered?)...

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Actually yeah, that does seen very possible.

Xerneas is the one who mainly has those 'dormant' and 'active' stages though. For that to pass onto other legendaries.. well it would make sense. Considering that the two legendaries in the box art hardly look any different from their normal selves, aside from the glowing, they probably aren't mega forms. Mega forms are usually highly different in appearance. The lights along the bodies of Groudon and Kyogre could very well be their 'active' forms instead.

Besides, it'd ruin the fun and surprise of their mega evolutions if they displayed them right off the bat.

Years
  • Actually yeah, that does seen very possible.

Xerneas is the one who mainly has those 'dormant' and 'active' stages though. For that to pass onto other legendaries.. well it would make sense. Considering that the two legendaries in the box art hardly look any different from their normal selves, aside from the glowing, they probably aren't mega forms. Mega forms are usually highly different in appearance. The lights along the bodies of Groudon and Kyogre could very well be their 'active' forms instead.

Besides, it'd ruin the fun and surprise of their mega evolutions if they disayed them right off the bat.

I don't think they're like Xerneas, as they're being called "new" Pokemon. If they are formes at least they're like Keldeo (slight change, no power up or redistribution in stats). At most if they are formes they'll be like Kyurem and get an increase in stats (minus the fusion...sure hope they don't absorb Rayquaza like some of the theories going around...).
    Personally I think they're Megas.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I dunno, just doesn't make much sense to me.

They don't look any different aside from the glowing. At least Keldeo looked way different in his resolution form, and the same goes to Kyurem in his two new forms. With that in mind Groudon and Kyogre don't even look like forms. They just look like they're in an active state like the one Xerneas goes into.

And I also just don't see them ruining what their mega forms look like immediately.

So I'm gunning for 'active forms' myself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back